[FROYO][LEAK] DL30 Leak

Search This thread

tiger505

Nov 17, 2007
Southern Oregon
No Voice Mail

Everything looks great on the update here....YIKES I have no voicemail....
There is no icon, no settings etc. Anyone have an idea how to get this to work???
I got a SMS from Verizon saying that I have 3 visual voicemail messages and to install the icon. ???????
I pay for Visual Voicemail however I cannot get any voicemail at all. The voicemail icon on the bottom left of the dialer says the adroid.process acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

MAYBE THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM, maybe not...

EDIT - Did a total wipe and restore. Visual Voicemail from Market and all is ok.

Last edited:

Highriser

Dec 14, 2010
Love 2.2.1 update!!

This really is great, I love the choice to use Google instead of Bing. I also love the new tabs in the browser. Only one thing I thought was weird. The browser is using a lot of ram. With one tab it was all the way up to 60 mbs!!!! On 2.1, one tab was around 20-30 mbs (depending on the site).

THANKS FOR 2.2!!!!

Pfredd

Jan 4, 2011
If you use the Gmail app, be sure to download the new version from the marketplace. It shows up now that you run 2.2

Contacts can now display and sort by last name as well.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Wadzii

Mar 7, 2009
Everything seemed to be good till i restarted the phone.. it most of my data.. contacts were gone and had to resync, text messages and call log were both gone and all my ringtones were set back to stock.

any clues?

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY
For those with VVM issues, did you download the app from ROM Manger? Most ROMs here have this removed and you need to manually download it or you'll get a FC when you hit your VM button on the phone dialer.

Download ROM --> jt1134 --> Install Stock Applications?

Its also in the Market, but Im not sure if we need the special one from ROM Manager.

Attachments

• SC20110201-170229.jpg
    SC20110201-170229.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

quarky42

Sep 30, 2008
Should a statement about tethering be made in the original post so that folks don't rack up some incredible charges or get a big slack from the big V?

Wolfkmann

Mar 16, 2008
New England
Lets say that there is someone that while an expert with WinMo, just a few weeks ago switched OS's and is now re-learning everything about android. Lets also say that this person has a Fascinate currently running 2.1 DL09.

Could someone explain without acronyms or sarcasm step by step how to install this version of 2.2?

First, a couple of questions.

1) During this upgrade, will all data and installed apps from the Market be lost?

2) If the answer to #1 is yes, Is there a way to do a batch backup to avoid #1?

3) Does anything from the Market that was purchased get lost, and therefore need to be re-bought?

Thank you,
A senior Member on this Forum that always has had patience with noob's

jkulp

May 5, 2009
Everything looks great on the update here....YIKES I have no voicemail....
There is no icon, no settings etc. Anyone have an idea how to get this to work???
I got a SMS from Verizon saying that I have 3 visual voicemail messages and to install the icon. ???????
I pay for Visual Voicemail however I cannot get any voicemail at all. The voicemail icon on the bottom left of the dialer says the adroid.process acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

MAYBE THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM, maybe not...

Open RomManager and select Download ROM, then select jt1134, then select Install Stock Application, then select Download when the msgbox appears, check Verizon Visual Voicemail, select OK. It will ask you if you want to wipe data, I say No.

FDro

Oct 10, 2010
Lets say that there is someone that while an expert with WinMo, just a few weeks ago switched OS's and is now re-learning everything about android. Lets also say that this person has a Fascinate currently running 2.1 DL09.

Could someone explain without acronyms or sarcasm step by step how to install this version of 2.2?

First, a couple of questions.

1) During this upgrade, will all data and installed apps from the Market be lost?

Yes

2) If the answer to #1 is yes, Is there a way to do a batch backup to avoid #1?

Get Titanium backup from the market, do a batch back up of apps and data.
Once on 2.2, batch restore apps and data

3) Does anything from the Market that was purchased get lost, and therefore need to be re-bought?

No.

Thank you,
A senior Member on this Forum that always has had patience with noob's
Hope that helps.

DeezNotes

Apr 14, 2010
Baltimore
From what I'm seeing, this definitely isn't "bug free." I'm seeing some slowness and serious lag here and there. Some apps download very slowly on wifi and 3G. I got messages such as "Root Explorer has been granted superuser permissions" stuck on the screen. Typing a search query in the browser defaults to Bing no matter what option is select in the Settings. The phone gets a lot hotter than normal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the rom you all said didn't exist. That Samsung would never finish.
    Here it is, the official Samsung Verizon Fascinate DL30 Froyo rom!

This rom has ALL the VZW/Sammy bloatware included, unedited, and unchanged.

The only addition is that this rom is pre-rooted.

All bugs in this rom are courtesy Samsung, not myself and as such I will be providing NO support on this rom whatsoever. I'm not going to fix anything thats broken, and I will not make it better. If you want that, go look at JT1134 or myself's Froyo AOSP/CM6 roms.

Thanks to Adrynalyne for packaging this up in a OTA zip so I didn't have to ;)

Flash with CWM, both the DJ05 and DL09 radios work.

http://rom.galaxysense.com/kaos/DL30-leak.zip
    http://rom2.galaxysense.com/kaos/DL30-leak.zip
    http://rom3.galaxysense.com/kaos/DL30-leak.zip
    MIRROR:
    http://www.multiupload.com/LES2LLVUIC

If you like my rom, think about donating to my coffee fund. :)

Thanks to CaptainKrtek for hosting this. If his bandwidth is valuable to you, you can donate to him as well.

Captainkrtek Edit:
    My Server with you guys downloading hehe
    qsvQq.png
    For anyone flashing this rom, do not use wifi tether unless you are paying for it. There is apparently a new snooping mechanism built in along with the kernel. I would recommend to either sign up for service, or wait for someone to publish a workaround.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
    THANKS!!!!!!!!
    I don't think this is the same as the IRC leak, as that had a bunch of stuff not working. This looks like it's the real deal.

This is *NOT* the Froyo rom that was leaked on IRC earlier this week. That was a build for a different phone. This is the VZW DL30 release.
    Hey guys. I'm new to this whole Droid thing, so please bare with my ignorance lol. I am coming from a Windows mobile 5.0 device. Yes I know, I was in the stone age lol. I just purchased a new Fascinate from Best Buy a couple of days ago. I know that the Froyo update is better than the stock version. A couple things I am wondering. 1) If I do this flash will it void my warranty? 2) Would there be anyone who could be so kind as to give me a step by step on how to do this to a phone that is basically new right out of the box. Please remember that I am a complete idiot when it comes to Droid os. I mean, I know the basics, but am by no means an expert.

Thanks for your help guys. I truly appreciate it.

Welcome to android, first and foremost. To answer question 1., yes you will void your warranty by rooting your phone. But it's worth it imo, or you could wait a few days/week or so and i'm sure Verizon will release the froyo OTA. Because most of the other SGS phones have stock OTA froyo now. So it's really up to you. And this rom here is actually old now, so if you were gonna flash anything i would flash EB01 or wait and see if anything else comes out. ;)