FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Notice! You will brick this device...

2,508 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,400
 
By GSLEON3, Retired Senior Moderator on 17th June 2014, 09:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2014, 02:49 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv

I understand your point and this thread was not started as a wine fest it was supposed to be started for a fair warning I can't help it if he had a sarcastic tone to his voice from trying to help ignorant people all weekend and I think it's hilarious how people are chiming in complaining about our complaints but none of them have been here to help all the ignorant folk ... I'm just saying as one that has been here for the last five days repairing brick or trying to help that is ... Is a lot of and uneeded tension here I understand .. And it is turning" quite the Flamer thread ... So instead of chiming here to complain about our complaint and tell us to keep our complaints to ourselves as you are here complaining your self .. Please go to the general section or the troubleshooting section and start helping people... For example help him http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783591

You need to check your data. I was one of the first posters to this group and have threads on how to disable ads and have helped plenty with getting google play working. Since there hasnt been much activity I have been working on the Liquid Smooth ROM.
 
 
19th June 2014, 02:51 AM |#22  
jimyv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag central
Thanks Meter: 187
 
More
consider
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub50

You need to check your data. I was one of the first posters to this group and have threads on how to disable ads and have helped plenty with getting google play working. Since there hasnt been much activity I have been working on the Liquid Smooth ROM.

It checked..and thanks for your efforts...
19th June 2014, 11:18 AM |#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
why hdx don't have a tool for flash stock rom like a hd 7?
19th June 2014, 01:19 PM |#24  
jimyv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag central
Thanks Meter: 187
 
More
omg
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphi95

why hdx don't have a tool for flash stock rom like a hd 7?

Did you not read OP? This device is still locked up tight i.e. no fasrboot capabilities and bootloader is still locked up tight...
There is no easy way to recover this device repeat there is no easy way to recover this device if you decide to Root which is your choice and you decide to Modify something else which is also your choice there is no repeat there is no easy way to recover this device if u something incorrectly.. Please read the first post of this thread it has valuable information in it for you. But you may ignore the rest of the thread because it is just a bunch of whining.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimyv Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 02:12 PM |#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv

Did you not read OP? This device is still locked up tight i.e. no fasrboot capabilities and bootloader is still locked up tight...
There is no easy way to recover this device repeat there is no easy way to recover this device if you decide to Root which is your choice and you decide to Modify something else which is also your choice there is no repeat there is no easy way to recover this device . To u something incorrectly.. Please read the first post of this thread it has valuable information in it for you. But you may ignore the rest of the thread because it is just a bunch of whining.



"Buehler?.....Buehler?"
The Following User Says Thank You to revircs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift revircs Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 07:43 PM |#26  
jimyv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag central
Thanks Meter: 187
 
More
older
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphi95

why hdx don't have a tool for flash stock rom like a hd 7?

Because that is a slightly older device developers had time to develop a bypass for the bootloader on that old OMAP processor... And that is why the factory cable works on it to get it into fast boot..because of type of processor. The hdx has a snapdragon. If you want a kindle to hack it is the one I would advise you to buy.. It is a very nice tablet and may be recovered fairly easily and can have custom kernels and custom ROMs flash do it. Just not sure I'm just not sure how far away the HDX model is from that standing even if it's ever going to happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimyv Ad-Free
22nd June 2014, 04:08 PM |#27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv

Because that is a slightly older device developers had time to develop a bypass for the bootloader on that old OMAP processor... And that is why the factory cable works on it to get it into fast boot..because of type of processor. The hdx has a snapdragon. If you want a kindle to hack it is the one I would advise you to buy.. It is a very nice tablet and may be recovered fairly easily and can have custom kernels and custom ROMs flash do it. Just not sure I'm just not sure how far away the HDX model is from that standing even if it's ever going to happen.

If that doesn't happen... How far can you get in terms of stock Android ROMs with Safestrap?

Sent from my (almost) AOSP Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
22nd June 2014, 05:02 PM |#28  
jimyv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag central
Thanks Meter: 187
 
More
Probably
Quote:
Originally Posted by failed1234

If that doesn't happen... How far can you get in terms of stock Android ROMs with Safestrap?

Sent from my (almost) AOSP Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"

About what you are running currently hopefully with some improvements if safestrap is updated . I keep my fingers crossed that heme a have some luck developing a kernel bypass (Kexec)for safestrap much like they did the OG razor to integrate into safestrap . But with all probability that will be it .
20th July 2014, 08:05 PM |#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub50

To think that everyone who roots their Kindle is going Brick their device is laughable. Most people want to root to install google play store and stop future updates. There are always going to be people that are going to brick their device by pulling a bone head move. People know the risk, but if you can make rooting less risky by just installing an .apk sounds like a no brainer to me.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------



Please people root phones all of the time and I would say 99% of people dont run into any issues with having root.

Agree. I understand the Kindle is a different animal I just wanted to use Google play and install ADW launcher, my favorite, and add a theme and customize the stupid Kindle layout.

So I'm appreciative of this root option. Thank you.
20th July 2014, 08:20 PM |#30  
jimyv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag central
Thanks Meter: 187
 
More
Wink fyi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchblue

Agree. I understand the Kindle is a different animal I just wanted to use Google play and install ADW launcher, my favorite, and add a theme and customize the stupid Kindle layout.

So I'm appreciative of this root option. Thank you.

Every brick on the first two pages of the general section and the troubleshooting section of these forums started off with the exact same needs lmfao. That's the point.. That is all he is saying here. even as of the moment the bootloader is still locked down solid (publicly at least) and we still do not have a way to consistently fix or fast boot bricked devices. A tiny mistake makes for a instant paperweight for inexperienced user. Unlike most other devices. Remember flash and mod responsibly.
20th July 2014, 08:40 PM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv

Every brick on the first two pages of the general section and the troubleshooting section of these forums started off with the exact same needs lmfao. That's the point.. That is all he is saying here. even as of the moment the bootloader is still locked down solid (publicly at least) and we still do not have a way to consistently fix or fast boot bricked devices. A tiny mistake makes for a instant paperweight for inexperienced user. Unlike most other devices. Remember flash and mod responsibly.

From day one of the first device that was rooted..the responsibilities are always with the user. Notices, warnings are always nice but why harp on a one click root option? I didn't root for a long time because I knew nothing about the ins and outs..

If you're unsure you stay away..the essence of life. I don't stand on my head because I know what could happen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes