Need testers - new Online RadioX

Search This thread

dodge3003

Mar 6, 2011
Derbyshire
Why is the dev not replying to concerns over app permissions? I for one would not load this app until the dev answers the question!! It may need phone permissions to lower volume when an in coming call becomes active? Who knows? but NO THANKS

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
There's already TuneIn Radio which has a lot of radio stations, local, worldwide, and online... Do we really need another?

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
No issues with the permissions when I downloaded. And I'm sure there are other apps out there that provide this service. For me I'm just more prone to check out apps suggested/presented from someone like XDA versus blindly downloading something on my own search, for which I'm sure would cause me problems eventually.

Reactions: ghoch

StellaDel

Nov 29, 2005
London / Moscow
www.stelladel.com
Downloaded from The Market and installed on my Desire HD, laggy to the point it force closes. Only nine UK radio stations, I appreciate this in beta and will try updates when and if they come along.

Quite frankly I am sick to death of Internet Radio Apps that don't work, Wunder radio (absolute disgrace and costs six bucks), to the poster who recommended TuneIn Radio, you are kidding me aren't you, better than Wunder (then again what isn't) TuneIn constantly cuts out to the point I have to close the app.

If someone can recommend a radio app with UK stations that doesn't crash, die or disappear within ten minutes it would be greatly appreciated.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

eeter

Apr 5, 2006
search

Need search function: by language and by country
Need to be able to add stations
Need to be able to add shortcut of a station
Need to be able to play more codecs ( realplayer, mediaplayer formats)

Reactions: ghoch

nikv5

Dec 26, 2010
Hey, this could be just the radio app I have been waiting for, however the danish section is faulty. But if you wish I would be happy to help you improve it, just tell me what you need.. names on radio stations, urls, translations, whatever.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

ghoch

Apr 16, 2010
Yerevan
Can it be installed in any Android and or device?

Yes, of course
Here is the market link:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mycompany.radiox
barcode_android.png

htccraze

Oct 20, 2010
Hiding from under the bed
Hi, i tested this app most of the night and will list what i think would be a good addition to the app. i noticed a few ppl saying some of the same things but i will include a complete list of what i stumbled across in my testing. hope this could be useful.

1) a lot of USA channels show up as "error"
ircountry, highway181, jammin181, the box, kickin country, the eagle, the office, discostudio54 & allurbanradio to name a few
2) ad for 6000 online tv channels seems way to big
3) back button leaves app & screen goes blank very easy
4) maybe extend the screen time out user sets for they're phone to a min (my screen time out is set to 30 seconds to save battery) way to short to go through the app properly
5) yes record would be great then we could set as ringtones or maybe even a favorite that could link us to buy the track
6) everyone needs to laugh in the world so if possible maybe add a comedy channel ?:^D
7) a few user settings always makes the user feel he/she has some control so that would be nice (like the time out issue for me)
8) search by genre i feel is something basic most music apps should have
9) adding a swipe left/swipe right to go forwards/backwards a station could free up some room on the bottom which would allow you to place the ads smaller at the bottom instead of right in the middle of the screen. the problem for me is there is such a large portion of the screen that its hard not to hit the ads by mistake

Overall it might seem like i dont like this app which is far from true, i really do enjoy it. Everyone should keep an eye on this because with some minor ui tweaking, adding additional settings & making sure the stations are all working i feel will improve on whats already a great start.​

Last edited:

ghoch

Apr 16, 2010
Yerevan
Need search function: by language and by country
Need to be able to add stations
Need to be able to add shortcut of a station
Need to be able to play more codecs ( realplayer, mediaplayer formats)

I'm sure about codecs, but we're planing to add search function.
Thanks for testing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I want to introduce you a new free software for Android called Online RadioX.

It is very important to know your opinion about this application. Please, test the program in your devices and tell us about bugs, lacks e.t.c.
    Why the app need permissions as writing sms and read my contact data?
    well i installed this but didnt use it more will test and report
    btw i like the ui but some changes can be done to make it better
    and yes why this app needs useless permissions like r/w contact data,send/receive sms and take pictures?
    fix this
    Thanks for testing.
    What features do you want to be added in this application?