[APP][4.0.3+] TimePIN - Changes your pin dynamically based on the current time

Search This thread

kuduku

Apr 13, 2011
kuduku,

I have gotten two reports of this, both on Omni. I don't have custom roms on any devices, so I haven't been able to test it. I am going to have to believe this is either a device specific bug, a rom bug or a fault in the actual phone. I will install Omni on my S2 and try to reproduce.
Tried it on a XOLO 500 , faced the same exact issue . Gets disabled after enabling reverse .

gamepro602

Feb 7, 2013
Mesa
Great App, an idea of possibility on Timepin, Can you add an option to take away the OK button Make it so it just unlocks with w/ correct pin?

Its funny you say that because the ROM I have already has this?

eguqupan.jpg

? Powered By My Moga Pro ?

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
Ya nearly every cus rom has that ^^

---------------------------------
Phone : My new Nexus 4!
Pure KitKat 4.4.2 stock, no root, no mods (but only for the first time ;D)
---------------------------------

Gesendet von Tapatalk

Reactions: gamepro602

seahorsepip

Jan 22, 2012
Great App, an idea of possibility on Timepin, Can you add an option to take away the OK button Make it so it just unlocks with w/ correct pin?

Galaxy note 3 Canadian variant Sm-N900W8 stainless Rom v2

As said above most custom roms have it and gravity box for xposed has it too ;)

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

@jcase
Great app I instantly bought the extras too, for that price I can't just leave those features :p

Anyway the feature that I woudl find amazing would be a secondary pin so we got your custom pin after combining time with math and now instead of entering that we enter a different pin, like the custom pin with another offset on top of it.

After that we can see some apps that were hidden before ^^

I think this isn't possible without root and migth even require a additional xposed module to do some launcher stuff root maybe can't do :/

This idea might be just too far fetched xD

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
@jcase - you left a debugging option in the release version. Tapping on the version in 1.0.9 shows a window with accounts on device. Tapping on any of them shows 'Sorry, no licence found.', so I guess it's something to do with the Pro version.

Not a debugging feature, feature for giving out free licenses.

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
As said above most custom roms have it and gravity box for xposed has it too ;)

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

@jcase
Great app I instantly bought the extras too, for that price I can't just leave those features :p

Anyway the feature that I woudl find amazing would be a secondary pin so we got your custom pin after combining time with math and now instead of entering that we enter a different pin, like the custom pin with another offset on top of it.

After that we can see some apps that were hidden before ^^

I think this isn't possible without root and migth even require a additional xposed module to do some launcher stuff root maybe can't do :/

This idea might be just too far fetched xD

shoot me an email, will add features soon, family stuff going on now

vickyjusme

Nov 30, 2013
Great app. Using it on Vipers 5.0 in sensation and no bugs for me :D

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk

ravian29

Jan 23, 2011
Does it matter?
i am locked, can not use default pin and the time pin both........ it still saying wrong pin........ restart and trying again does not work :rolleyes:

Shamestick

Oct 21, 2012
I really like the idea of this app and using it has been nice and even entertaining to me just because the password is always changing, but oh wait it's still just up in the top right corner for me to see :D one thing I have noticed though is when having TimePIN enabled the lockscreen things (clock, pin buttons, etc.) will flash after unlocking device, and this doesn't happen when using only stock pin unlock. Perhaps it's because both this and the stock one are trying to open up the pin or something?

zatom

Feb 11, 2014
Ideas

shoot me an email, will add features soon, family stuff going on now

Hi jcase,

Great App, god job!

Just a few ideas for next features:

1. Giving possibility to hide notification from the notification center (it make sense not to inform the world about the fact that the given phone is protected by TimePin. It names suggests to much how to try to observe the changing pin)

2. Adding App Locker functionality by also pin based on time/date. It happens a lot when mobile phones are borrowed for various reasons (friends, colleagues, children, wife, etc). In this case a 2 level security would be available with changing pin based on time/date: first the lock screen to protect access to the phone and the 2nd level for protecting selected apps.
It would be great to have both security levels optional, but it is important to be able to use both in the same time.

3. Tasker integration

With these features this would be the ultimate security apps.

Let me know if you need a beta tester.

Keep doing this high-quality work! Best wishes to you and your family.

p.s. You mentioned in an earlier post that there is a feature for giving out free licences. How is it possible to get one? :)

Reactions: NeoGauge and ghale

j0hn0n1

Dec 5, 2010
Gr. Manchester
This app is a great idea, but I've noticed something that I would class as a security problem.
If anybody has access to your device for even a short time if you let them use it (possibly a friend, etc...), they can easily figure out the pass key that you have used or disable the app altogether.

The app should be hidden or a least password protected to view or change any settings ( which it is, but) if I open the app settings using the icon in the notification panel or the app shortcut it asks for my password, but if I retract the keypad using the down arrow, and then use the back button it drops me right into the app settings. I can now switch it off altogether or figure out the method you have use to lock the device.

If you could make it a hidden app that can be launch through a gesture or the dialler then it would be brilliant.. Anyway its still a great app..

Thanks ...John...

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Hi jcase,

Great App, god job!

Just a few ideas for next features:

1. Giving possibility to hide notification from the notification center (it make sense not to inform the world about the fact that the given phone is protected by TimePin. It names suggests to much how to try to observe the changing pin)

2. Adding App Locker functionality by also pin based on time/date. It happens a lot when mobile phones are borrowed for various reasons (friends, colleagues, children, wife, etc). In this case a 2 level security would be available with changing pin based on time/date: first the lock screen to protect access to the phone and the 2nd level for protecting selected apps.
It would be great to have both security levels optional, but it is important to be able to use both in the same time.

3. Tasker integration

With these features this would be the ultimate security apps.

Let me know if you need a beta tester.

Keep doing this high-quality work! Best wishes to you and your family.

p.s. You mentioned in an earlier post that there is a feature for giving out free licences. How is it possible to get one? :)

#1 can be done with any Jellybean device.
Jelly-Bean-Notification-8.png

Vote +1 for Tasker integration. Then we can have location or wifi based lock/unlock and so on.

Reactions: remixkilla

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Price: $0
    IAP: Additional features - $1.99

APP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cunninglogic.dynamicpin
    Review: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...s-and-pranksters-win-one-of-ten-pro-licenses/
    This thread should be used for support and feature requests:

FailSafe:
    If you become locked out, shut your device down, turn it back on and the first unlock should be your default PIN

TimePIN is a security and ease of use enhancing application. TimePIN sets your lockscreen PIN code to the current time resulting in an ever changing PIN that can not be shoulder surfed or repeated due to fingerprints on the screen. Modifiers allow you to morph the PIN, to further enhance security.
    12hour and 24hour clocks are both supported.
    Modifiers:
    (If no modifier is applied, and the time is 9:12, your PIN will be 0912)
    Reverse - reverses the PIN. If the time is 11:24, your PIN will be 4211
    Mirror - mirrors the PIN. If the time is 8:34, your PIN will be 08344380
    Double - Doubles the PIN. If the time is 12:34, your PIN will be 12341234
    Offset - Applies a user chosen offset to the PIN. If the time is 10:43, and your offset is -121, your PIN will be 0922.
    The reverse modifier is free, and no purchase is needed to use the application. The additional modifiers are available for purchase for $1.99, for all, for life.
    For all non lockscreen purposes, and the first unlock after turning a device on, a user selected default PIN is used.
    TimePIN is NOT currently compatible with encrypted devices, but an update is coming!
    Future features:
    Additional modifiers
    Support for encrypted devices*
    Support for alphanumerical passwords
    Support for pattern password*
    *Starred future features may require root access

Permissions used:
    Starting TimePIN at boot:
    android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED

In-App Purchasing:
    com.android.vending.BILLING
    License retrieval:
    android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS
    android.permission.INTERNET
    android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

TimePIN-1.1.3.5-Release.apk = fc3697f4b4a7b62aea1b4af6b35d5347
    Good news:
    c6da916d7853a23689917f765818a385.jpg

Sorry forgot to post a screenshot what he send me back
    FYI

so ... I FINALLY downloaded and installed the JDK and android SDK and Studio
    I have been a professional software developer and occasional professional sysadmin for windoze, unix and linux since 1989
    I have worked extensively with C, SQL, sh/bash scripting, javascript, etc but I have never worked with raw java
    I have worked with different IDE's but have never used Android Studio
    so ... of course there WILL be a learning curve

TimePIN is a great app ... and is easily the app that I miss the most since "upgrading" from kitkat to lollipop and marshmallow (this weekend)
    I would like to develop a new version that works for at least android 5+
    is it an ambitious first project? definitely! lol
    however as a professional developer I KNOW that the best way for Me to understand and become proficient in a new language/environment is to build a real project .. besides .. learning is supposed to be fun ;)

when there is something worth showing/testing, I'll create a new thread and post the link here
    @jcase if you have any insights/tips .. I would be grateful

until further notice,
    cheers! :D

Galaxy note 3 Canadian variant Sm-N900W8 stainless Rom v2

+1 on this
    Thanks!
    Can we get a feature that does not change the PIN (time, offset etc.) but instead scrambles the keypad? :)

As soon as I clear some more non-root features and bug fixes, I will look at doing this.