Thread Closed Email Thread
20th April 2011, 08:55 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
no issues
Working good..

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserskater

Uploaded compressed version.(174MB) Link Fixed.

20th April 2011, 09:42 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
how do i flash the jvb rom? odin or recovery?
20th April 2011, 09:48 PM |#103  
OK
Thanks Meter: 147

More
this is great news i knew/hoping/praying??...xcal would be onto ginger re-orient after all the latest news. no offense to many of our great devs here in the captivate section but xcal is the man who has made all the i9000 roms possible with his base re orient kernel. i donated before when his froyo became stable and i plan to donate again when this ginger thing gets off the ground *basically when i start to see a bunch of roms that credit xcal for his work again LOL!!!*. I would flash today but honestly im in the middle of alot of personal stuff needing to be done so a stable phone is 100% must LOL. will be watching this thread as it progress.

Super work as always.. making me love my captivate and i dont know when ill ever upgrade

edit: almost forgot! hey xcal i noticed you mentioned the jk4 modem in the OP which i was using for a long period of time. i am using some of the new i9000 gingerbread modems jkv i think right now? does the jk4 play nice with gingerbread? i suppose it does but so far it seems doing the "modem dance" on this new gingy modem is pretty good.. at least on cm7 it does, could vary i guess.
20th April 2011, 10:05 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 680

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudduseon

no issues
Working good..

i see this has the zimage, param.ifs and factory.fs, is this the whole rom? before i go flashing things i'd like to know what is in there
20th April 2011, 10:06 PM |#105  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897

i see this has the zimage, param.ifs and factory.fs, is this the whole rom? before i go flashing things i'd like to know what is in there

*I take no credit for any of this work*
And always flash at your own risk.

Alright, here's an odin rom I threw together really quick. This should hold some of us over until we get CWM. It includes some of the key features we've grown to love.
I used the deodexed stock rom from HERE and threw in some files from Goatrip's rom. I also included this kernel so there's one less step.

And THIS is the result.

Features:
-rooted
-deodexed
-CRT screen off animation (Settings>Display>Animations> All)
-5 lock screens
-battery mod
-overscroll glow (not a fan but it "came with")
-extended power menu
-some other stuff I may have missed.

Install:
1.Flash THIS ROM WITH bootloaders (not sure what happens without but worth the risk IMO)(either NEE or XEE is fine)
2. Flash the rom from me (includes reorient kernel)
3. After flash it will go to recovery with a bunch of error messages in the back, just hit the power button to reboot and you should be fine.
20th April 2011, 10:08 PM |#106  
OK
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:

i see this has the zimage, param.ifs and factory.fs, is this the whole rom before i go flashing things?

xcal has only provided the kernel although a few others have packaged a rom together here in the last few pages that include it. so heres the simple answer..is it at least around 200mb *it could be the compress or uncompressed rom*...if its smaller or you grabbed it from the OP of the thread than no you only have the kernel and need to flash a jvb rom with it
20th April 2011, 10:25 PM |#107  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 4,436

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Read through the thread a little bit. This thread is for the kernel, but at the moment it doesnt have CWM so you need to odin flash. I packaged together an odin flashable rom that has some better features than just plain stock. I didn't want to open a new thread for it because 1) it's not really my work and I don't plan on supporting it and 2) it would be pointless once xcal implements CWM.
20th April 2011, 11:59 PM |#108  
Andromeda Galaxy
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:

Read through the thread a little bit. This thread is for the kernel, but at the moment it doesnt have CWM so you need to odin flash. I packaged together an odin flashable rom that has some better features than just plain stock. I didn't want to open a new thread for it because 1) it's not really my work and I don't plan on supporting it and 2) it would be pointless once xcal implements CWM.

After flashing the first ROM, how do I go into download mode again to flash your ROM... it seems to not taking my default up+down and usb cable ....
21st April 2011, 12:14 AM |#109  
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 701

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockosifraldi

After flashing the first ROM, how do I go into download mode again to flash your ROM... it seems to not taking my default up+down and usb cable ....

Hold the menu key and Vol. down and press power. No need to try to plug in the USB cable at the same time anymore
The Following User Says Thank You to nakedninja42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nakedninja42 Ad-Free
21st April 2011, 12:17 AM |#110  
Andromeda Galaxy
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja42

Hold the menu key and Vol. down and press power. No need to try to plug in the USB cable at the same time anymore

Awesome... Thanks... in Download mode now, time to flash second rom and provide updates
21st April 2011, 12:20 AM |#111  
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,458

Donate to Me
More
Has anyone tried a jig to see if that puts it in dl mode?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gingerbread, pure awesomeness, reoriented kernel, xcaliburinhand
Previous Thread Next Thread