4,023 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,403

By Virus, Senior Recognized Developer on 9th May 2011, 11:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2011, 01:12 AM |#101  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Either way, it only seems to be an issue upon the restart option.

Anyone else having the issue actually shutting the phone down, with fastboot off in the settings menu on the phone, and starting back up??

I was able to get it up. Therefore, it leads me to the conclusion something being "written to the cache" or "dc" upon the RESTART execution is causing contention or some sort of confusion in the system. When you boot into recovery, you are essentially cutting power to the RAM/cache/internal memory by pulling the battery beforehand, hence clearing whatever was "written" incorrectly. That's why you don't have to actually do anything when in recovery other than hit reboot and it works. You basically, didn't do anything, but pull the battery which cleared the "written" data.

I believe. Anyone care to help with this?

10th May 2011, 01:12 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXViRuSXxX

btw guys alpha 2 is going up tonight and it has a BUNCH of fixes in it i will make a changelog in a few gotta get back to the lab

Really? I'm not gonna be able to study now.
10th May 2011, 01:12 AM |#103  
Flag rosamond
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky059

No, it's all over the place. The ICONS are not working. If you searched for the original thread, you would have seen this everywhere. Although, I don't mean that in a bad way, that thread was out of control anyways.

But, yes, there are no icons, no icons/widgets when showing all home screens either. However, the carousel DOES indeed work for me. Just can't put anything on it to see it other than stock widgets of some sort.

thanks ill wait for a2 tonite hopefully i can use it as a daily rom
10th May 2011, 01:14 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXViRuSXxX

you guys have a good weekend ????

Hell yeah! Saw the Deftones on Friday night and had a new rom to play with on Saturday and Sunday
10th May 2011, 01:17 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgriffinsc

youll probably have to format the SD card from your Hero thats already partitioned,for it to work in your EVO.......im pretty sure that removes the partition.

Simply formatting will not remove the partition.

To remove the partition you must go into recovery back into the partition menu. Then when it asks for sizes enter 0 for both. It will reformat your card and remove the partition.

Oh and as far as the speed of cards you might want to bench them om your PC or phone. I have a class 4 sandisk 8gig that constantly returns class 10 or better results. That's the one I'm using.
The Following User Says Thank You to sinnedone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sinnedone Ad-Free
10th May 2011, 01:19 AM |#106  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javamaddie

Can you provide a link to it. I had it working on other roms, but that file that I flashed didn't work on this rom.

Try this

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4y...thkey=CM6x9tQK

^ Google talk with video, works on this rom
10th May 2011, 01:23 AM |#107  
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLithium

I hope your still working on this in 2 months. I leave for boot camp tomorrow and I won't be able to use my phone. I'm excited to see this rom fully functional by the time I get back. Thanks Virus!

Good luck man and keep your head up I was in Marine Corps. Boot camp for 3 months and **** is stressful at times. You're doing an awesome thing

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xusxmarinesx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xusxmarinesx Ad-Free
10th May 2011, 01:23 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Changelog v2 looks pretty sweet. Hopefully were ( and a few more changes give me a few ) it includeds the fix of the icons and I deft rock this Rom as a daily from now on!

Thanks virus , ur the man.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
10th May 2011, 01:23 AM |#109  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 37

More
yea bro, there no longer a reason to get the evo 3d. i dont need all that 3d stuff
10th May 2011, 01:24 AM |#110  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Talking
V Just checked out the band for the first time. I'm a fan. The cover of whatever you like is both hilarious and awesome
10th May 2011, 01:26 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 7,597

More
Welcome back virus. Hopefully people will read the thread this time before posting repeat questions. Been running this since you released it. Great work. Can't wait for the update! And get those shirts going. Maybe a hoody

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)