FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

*Guide* Root CDMA VZW Galaxy Tab Using [ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla*

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By lexriley, Member on 5th December 2011, 03:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th December 2011, 12:13 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Worked like a charm, just make sure you load the drivers BEFORE you open up the frontend program! I had to reload the drivers, then start front end again to not get the "failed" message.

Anyway, great job. Very easy!

11th December 2011, 05:20 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
just used this guide to flash my galaxy tab.

very simple. thanks again for posting it.

when the device got done downloading the info heimdall was sending, it rebooted pretty quick, and i missed booting into recovery, but i held down power till it hard reset and went back into recovery from there.

just be ready to hold volume up after the flash. the reboot is much quicker than i expected.
11th December 2011, 05:52 AM |#13  
Flag Iowa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexriley

100% complete VZW galaxy tab stock 2.3.5 rom with root

Here is stock update with no root from EC02 to EI04 just rename to update.zip and place on the root of your sdcard boot into recovery by holding volume up while powering on then choose install update.zip

If already on 2.3.5 or a Gingerbread build skip this and go to step 1. if you are running ECO2 or DJ11 to check on your tab go to settings then about device and check the build number the new 2.3.5 apps will not update right and might cause issues just use the above zip to update and then root

So I just got my Refurb Tab and did the OTA update and was on 2.3.5. I proceeded to step one. Flashed fine and things seem good. At first Ti Backup said it didn't have busybox access so I downloaded BusyBox from the market, rebooted and now it works. Now is this just the stock Rom but rooted? Is it considered a Vanilla Rom then? Just trying to get my terminology down here. On my fascinate you root but are still on the stock rom, then flash a vanilla rom or some other rom (ex: CM7 or whatever) but i thought i read somewhere on here or another thread that this was considered a "vanilla package" didn't make sense to me so figured i'd clear it up.
11th December 2011, 06:53 PM |#14  

More
Look in applications and see if you have "superuser"

if you do, you have root.
12th December 2011, 02:25 PM |#15  
Flag Raleigh, NC

More
Works great! Thanks very much for the help... Much appreciated.
14th December 2011, 08:42 PM |#16  

More
nicely done!
15th December 2011, 06:24 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
How is everyone flashing CWR to their Verizon Galaxy Tabs?
17th December 2011, 11:19 AM |#18  

More
Is any possible way to get Modem.bin from this firmware (2.3.5). I accidentally flashed Modem from leaked 2.3.4 and now stuck with S:i800.0.3V.EF01 baseband and can't make my Tab all stock. I would really appreciate it. Thank You!
19th December 2011, 06:10 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works Great~ now my SGT is rooted :P Thank you so much.
24th December 2011, 02:34 PM |#20  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Edison, NJ
Thanks Meter: 3,150

Donate to Me
More
Stop posting my files all over the internet.
24th December 2011, 05:36 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Wow how big of a douche are you OP? You blatantly kanged his work and post it as your own. You really need to take down all the posts in each forum and ASK PERMISSION to the REAL DEVELOPER. Please don't say "oh this is my work blah blah blah" because it's as easy as checking md5's.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)