FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,124

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 10:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
10th March 2012, 12:20 AM |#101  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,874

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by retnuh

What I have found is, you must have usb debugging turned on. NONE of my apps that require root access will work unless I have it turned on. Superuser did not require this.

Really that's odd, all of my apps work fine and I have it turned off, running cm7 with s-off bootloader on the Evo Shift.

10th March 2012, 12:26 AM |#102  
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 921

Donate to Me
More
Is this Compatible with the Evo3D?
The Following User Says Thank You to PMGRANDS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PMGRANDS Ad-Free
10th March 2012, 12:29 AM |#103  
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMGRANDS

Is this Compatible with the Evo3D?

If SuperUser is then it should be

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S
10th March 2012, 12:42 AM |#104  
Flag The Borders
Thanks Meter: 3,008

Donate to Me
More
Update fixed my errors with SU,app purchased
Should of added that this su zip fixed my problem to get SU working again
The Following User Says Thank You to bombadier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bombadier Ad-Free
10th March 2012, 12:51 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Is there some special way I should be uninstalling Superuser? It seems to get hidden my programs like Titanium. Or should I just manually remove the .apk for it through root?

Haha, I am impatient/risky, so I did just that, deleted the superuser.apk from root /system/app and it worked.

So far so good, the app looks pretty and works fine. Takes a bit getting used to seeing it since Superuser has been the usual prompts you see on all the roms thus far.
10th March 2012, 01:16 AM |#106  
Flag Sin City
Thanks Meter: 862

More
Mobile Odin Pro don't work.....
I removed Superuser from System/App after I installed SuperSU.
Error msg:

Could not locate Superuser package.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
10th March 2012, 01:32 AM |#107  

Donate to Me
More
Edit update on previous post. The previous version didn't require adb debugging to be enabled but the latest version does? As soon as I updated nothing was working unless I have usb degubbing turned on
10th March 2012, 01:47 AM |#108  

Donate to Me
More
Another thing I can not uninstall superuser for the life of me. I've used titanium backup, and when I try to uninstall it from the market it just sits stuck saying uninstalling. I remounted the system as rw and removed superuser.apk in terminal emulator. But superuser is still there. There's something called /data/app/com.noshufou.android.su-1.apk that I can not remove. Every time I remove it it restores itself somehow. I guess I'll ChainsDD about this.
10th March 2012, 01:55 AM |#109  
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 921

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco

Another thing I can not uninstall superuser for the life of me. I've used titanium backup, and when I try to uninstall it from the market it just sits stuck saying uninstalling. I remounted the system as rw and removed superuser.apk in terminal emulator. But superuser is still there. There's something called /data/app/com.noshufou.android.su-1.apk that I can not remove. Every time I remove it it restores itself somehow. I guess I'll ChainsDD about this.

My guess is if you were to use Root Explorer you could probably just Delete it from your System Apps?
10th March 2012, 01:57 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco

I remounted the system as rw and removed superuser.apk in terminal emulator. But superuser is still there.

Did you restart the phone after doing this?

What I did was use Es File Explorer(It's Free), enabled "Root Explorer" and "Mount File System" in it's settings.

Went to root, went to system > app > deleted superuser.apk > restart phone
10th March 2012, 02:09 AM |#111  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmCAT

Did you restart the phone after doing this?

What I did was use Es File Explorer(It's Free), enabled "Root Explorer" and "Mount File System" in it's settings.

Went to root, went to system > app > deleted superuser.apk > restart phone

Reboot fixed it, must of had a brain fart. Anyways I don't use root explorer and never really cared to purchase it since I use "Absolute System" for a lot of things. I did however purchase the pro version of this What I did was this in terminal emulator.
Code:
$ su
# mount -o remount, rw /system; rm -f /system/app/Superuser.apk; mount -o remount, ro /system;
The Following User Says Thank You to sparksco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sparksco Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread