Thanks Meter: 1,011

By CMTeamEpic, Retired Recognized Developer on 13th December 2012, 08:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th March 2013, 12:51 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolforfood

So I just picked up a used Epic for my wife and having never owned a Samsung I was just wondering, which would you guys recommend, the M2 or the newest nightly? I run cm10.1 on my phone, I'm just not sure where it stands on the Epic. Thanks

For the wife's phone I'd recommend the more stable M2 release.
The Following User Says Thank You to robrob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robrob Ad-Free

11th March 2013, 01:05 PM |#1002  
Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Preview Builds for Samsung Epic 4G
I was wondering how come every time I reboot my phone it seems that's the ROM has trouble reading the media on my SD card? Any media settings like notification sounds are reset and I have to set them all over again. Any apps saved to SD card on my home screen have there technical name (Google.example.app) instead of its regular name (Google)!

Thanks for the assistance...

Sent from DJ's Samsung Epic 4G via XDA Premium!
11th March 2013, 04:46 PM |#1003  
Flag Logan
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAnative21

I was wondering how come every time I reboot my phone it seems that's the ROM has trouble reading the media on my SD card? Any media settings like notification sounds are reset and I have to set them all over again. Any apps saved to SD card on my home screen have there technical name (Google.example.app) instead of its regular name (Google)!

Thanks for the assistance...

I haven't seen any issues with my media scans, but I did notice the strange app renaming issue you describe. It only happened once and corrected itself after another reboot. It hasn't cropped up again. Anyone else setting this?
11th March 2013, 08:45 PM |#1004  
Virginia Beach, VA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bypod

I haven't seen any issues with my media scans, but I did notice the strange app renaming issue you describe. It only happened once and corrected itself after another reboot. It hasn't cropped up again. Anyone else setting this?

Both issues happen to me ALL THE TIME LOL! I wonder if its my SD card... I know the app issue is only on the apps that I moved to SD so it involves the media scan as well. I'm not even 100% sure the media scan is the problem, I just know that for some reason after reboots my notification settings are reset...

Thanks for your response tho...

13th March 2013, 01:50 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Still on experimental build from 12/21 10.1. Getting a popup when texting 2 people at once. Something about sending a lot of sms... Allow? Any way to disable the warning? Thanks
13th March 2013, 02:18 AM |#1006  
Flag Appleton
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterwing

Still on experimental build from 12/21 10.1. Getting a popup when texting 2 people at once. Something about sending a lot of sms... Allow? Any way to disable the warning? Thanks

It's in the security settings towards the bottom

Baked SPH-D700
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GalaxyBlaze7438 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GalaxyBlaze7438 Ad-Free
13th March 2013, 01:31 PM |#1007  
Flag Los Angeles, Ca
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Is anyone else experiencing a bug within Instagram, when you take a photo with the flash on, the entire phone turns off and a battery pull must be done to get it back up and running?
13th March 2013, 02:22 PM |#1008  
Virginia Beach, VA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixis

Is anyone else experiencing a bug within Instagram, when you take a photo with the flash on, the entire phone turns off and a battery pull must be done to get it back up and running?

Nah.. Just tried it about a minute ago and no reboot...

13th March 2013, 03:03 PM |#1009  
Flag Norman, OK
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I'd like to try the latest CM10.1 again. I have a nandroid image with CM10.1-20130215-EXPERIMENTAL. I'm pretty sure that was a JB 4.2.2.

I am asking this question because of the changes to the kernel and SU.

Will I have problems if I restore the nandroid back up (meaning full wipe w/ factory reset first), then wipe cache, dalvik cache, format system, flash the latest CM10.1 and lattest gapps?
Also I do not want to loose the trebuchet settings--specifically the layout of the icons. Can I recover those by restoring the trebuchet data from my TB back up? Not sure if I loose these in this process... In this senario the "data" from the CM10.1-20130215-EXPERIMENTAL is not wiped.

Duh. I don't think I loose the trebuchet settings unless I wipe data. ** But that is the point. I want to avoid a loosing al the settings in "data". **
13th March 2013, 03:10 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by labumm

I'd like to try the latest CM10.1 again. I have a nandroid image with CM10.1-20130215-EXPERIMENTAL. I'm pretty sure that was a JB 4.2.2.

I am asking this question because of the changes to the kernel and SU.

Will I have problems if I restore the nandroid back up (meaning full wipe w/ factory reset first), then wipe cache, dalvik cache, format system, flash the latest CM10.1 and lattest gapps?
Also I do not want to loose the trebuchet settings--specifically the layout of the icons. Can I recover those by restoring the trebuchet data from my TB back up? Not sure if I loose these in this process... In this senario the "data" from the CM10.1-20130215-EXPERIMENTAL is not wiped.

You should be able to "dirty flash" the latest nightly on top of any CM10 build, though everyone here will not recommend it.
13th March 2013, 03:26 PM |#1011  
Flag Norman, OK
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPdownLoAD

You should be able to "dirty flash" the latest nightly on top of any CM10 build, though everyone here will not recommend it.

That's why I have the CM10.1 image--to avoid those problems. My DD is still CM10 due to the BT issue.

So my question is really about dirty flashing latest CM10.1 with new kernel and SU + new gapps over a JB4.2.2 experimental CM10.1 with JB4.2.1 gapps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)