By Jax184, Senior Member on 25th March 2013, 04:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2014, 05:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsg4u

Great thread.
Just wanted to share my picture of the broken 4G that I have.

So part of the flex cable is broken and the following things don't work anymore:
- Frontcamera
- lightsensor
- LED indicator
- normal phone speaker.

I ordered a new display that comes with a cable from here, to solve the problem, because I could't find the flex cable itself and T-Mobile didn't want to invoke a warranty case(I am in germany, that's the main reason)

Ciao fsg

Please, do you remember having relay dissasembled? Is it possible to change the display flex cable from other device (e.g. with cracked display)?

Thank you very much for you answer, I'm having probably the same problem with the relay (too much keyboard opening I suppose...)

28th July 2014, 09:06 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorgo

Please, do you remember having relay dissasembled? Is it possible to change the display flex cable from other device (e.g. with cracked display)?

Thank you very much for you answer, I'm having probably the same problem with the relay (too much keyboard opening I suppose...)

The Relay's cable is custom to the Relay, as far as I know.
28th July 2014, 09:20 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax184

The Relay's cable is custom to the Relay, as far as I know.

I meant other relay s 4g device with cracked display. is the cable fixed to the screen in any way? or can I disconnect it with no problem?

Thanks
29th July 2014, 01:43 PM |#14  
The way I've seen these sold in the past is the LCD and digitizer is sold as one unit and replaced as such, here
http://www.sinomobileparts.com/for-s...bly_p4624.html
So if you want to swap this out of another relay it should work fine, the main flex cable is separate than the cable coming from the screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
30th July 2014, 06:41 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

The way I've seen these sold in the past is the LCD and digitizer is sold as one unit and replaced as such, here
http://www.sinomobileparts.com/for-s...bly_p4624.html
So if you want to swap this out of another relay it should work fine, the main flex cable is separate than the cable coming from the screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you for your answer. So I could eventually replace the main flex cable from a unit with broken screen? Do I get it right?
But I will take a risk anyway, as I only suppose it's the main flex cable problem.

Is there a possibility that by opening/closing the keybard other parts are bended or stressed? Or would you guess it's main flex cable problem for sure?

Thanks
30th July 2014, 07:34 PM |#16  
Guess is the main flex, and yes you can swap parts from another relay but maybe do a little digging first around the net to see if anyone sells only what you need as it may be cheaper
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd August 2014, 12:30 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
The info is incorrect: no 900 Mhz for 3g in my country !
25th August 2014, 09:53 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hi!

Could somebody help me to find Main Flex Cable for Relay with worldwide shipping? I would be very grateful.
26th August 2014, 06:20 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linoskoczek

Hi!

Could somebody help me to find Main Flex Cable for Relay with worldwide shipping? I would be very grateful.

Hi I was desperate a month ago, as my relay display gone blank for good after going blank in some specific position, due to the main flex cable. That's the Achilles heel of this phone. I was considering buying a device with broken screen and replacing it, but ended up waiting for a brand new one (unused). That decision came because now I'll have one device full of spare parts for any case.
The Following User Says Thank You to sorgo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sorgo Ad-Free
26th August 2014, 06:23 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorgo

Hi I was desperate a month ago, as my relay display gone blank for good after going blank in some specific position, due to the main flex cable. That's the Achilles heel of this phone. I was considering buying a device with broken screen and replacing it, but ended up waiting for a brand new one (unused). That decision came because now I'll have one device full of spare parts for any case.

Didn't you consider to buy main flex cable itself?
26th August 2014, 06:29 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linoskoczek

Didn't you consider to buy main flex cable itself?

I didn't find one cheaper than a device with broken screen. Actually, I couldn't find one that I would be sure that matches the sgh-t699.
The Following User Says Thank You to sorgo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sorgo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)