It has taken a while but we've been busy.
Version 0.8 of SoundSeeder is out now with many improvements and bugfixes.
I've updated the main post and attached the new .apk files. The play store entry should be up to date within the next hour.
There are many changes in the new version, too many to list them all in detail.
The main changes have been made in the streaming engine, which should now be much more stable on low WiFi and older devices.
You should have much less connection- or sync-problems.
As the most devices have only one speaker, we are now per default streaming the music in mono, so the traffic is reduced by 50%. Of course you can switch it to stereo (or left / right) if you want to.
SoundSeeder is now available in the following languages:
English, German, Spanish, Italian, Czech and Polish.
Many thanks to ILCAMPIONE, Josep, skaram and Jan for supporting us with translations!
Here is a (still incomplete) list of the most important changes in v0.8
- Huge improvements in stability, performance and usability
- Improved connection handling and synchronicity
- New default streaming in mono. Network traffic reduction by 50% without any loss of quality on most devices.
- Play songs from external file browsers and mail attachments.
- New localisations: italian, spanish, czech, polish
- New menu item to shutdown SoundSeeder, use back button to hide the app
- Many many minor bugs fixed.