FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[APP][2.2+] ownMdm - your own Mobile Device Manager - Remote Device Control - FREE

759 posts
Thanks Meter: 274

Post Reply Email Thread
7th October 2013, 10:14 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenGi

Seems like a cool app and I would really like to use it but I don't trust closed source software.
Many people are asking why you don't release the source code for the app and you don't respond to them. that makes it even worse so that I think you just try to build a database of imei numbers or want to get a bot net with android phones.

So please explain yourself.

Just some facts that you might not know. Open Source doesn't mean free. If you want to make money with the app thats totally ok. Only give the source guys who paid for the app. It's all about the right licence.

Btw, which licence do you use for your app?

Hi,

First of all, I will not open the App source code because users only need the Web part source code to work.

My plans:

- Create a Portal for all kind of users who do not know how to set your own server
- Use the same App for all with same features
- The Portal will have 2 types of users, standards and premium. Standard will be free and premium will have special commands
- This App will be free forever for users who set their own server

The App code only connects with Google Analytics and with the configured server. You can look for this on your own router.

There is no licence. You can use the web part as you want. Even if you improved web part, I will host it.

SO, YOU CAN USE THIS APP WITH CONFIDENCE.

I'm a serious developer with a lot of apps at Google Play and you can visit my blog (in spanish) too.

Thanks

Pacosal

7th October 2013, 11:18 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacosal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenGi

Seems like a cool app and I would really like to use it but I don't trust closed source software.
Many people are asking why you don't release the source code for the app and you don't respond to them. that makes it even worse so that I think you just try to build a database of imei numbers or want to get a bot net with android phones.

So please explain yourself.

Just some facts that you might not know. Open Source doesn't mean free. If you want to make money with the app thats totally ok. Only give the source guys who paid for the app. It's all about the right licence.

Btw, which licence do you use for your app?

Hi,

First of all, I will not open the App source code because users only need the Web part source code to work.

My plans:

- Create a Portal for all kind of users who do not know how to set your own server
- The Portal will have 2 types of users, standards and premium. Standard will be free and premium will have special commands

The App code only connects with Google Analytics and with the configured server. You can look for this on your own router.

There is no licence. You can use the web part as you want. Even if you improved web part, I will host it.

Thanks

Pacosal

Don't want to judge but.. IMHO dealing with delicate stuff like this, which takes control of someone's device surely raises some concern, but on the other hand i don't really think someone well known in the community would go and kang info right away..

If someone's too worried just grab ApkTool and decompile the apk yourself.
8th October 2013, 12:29 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:

Hi,

My plans:

I'm a serious developer with a lot of apps at Google Play and you can visit my blog (in spanish) too.

Thanks

Pacosal

First off, thanks for the app, and thanks for opening up with rational. I see you've got great reviews on most of your apps in the Play Store, congrats on that, too.

Many of us in this thread were excited about this project because of the open source elements (thus things like the Tasker integration I talked about helping with earlier). As a point of note, I had started my own project that was to be deployed on GitHub doing similar things to this, only with a much different web interface. I was happy to stop knowing this was in dev and you were much more dedicated to it.

That being said, I'm disappointed in the decision to not fully open source. I say that because I wanted to expand on the project, but also because there are TONS of paid options for many of the features included here, so I'm not sure you're even going down the road of a wise investment. In fact, many have created these features just using Tasker and AutoNotification (including myself).

In any event, good luck with the project, and I will continue to use it as I love the idea and hope it progresses.

Thanks,
Ben
8th October 2013, 09:45 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
This is what we do so far:

ownmdm portal:

- Developed at 60%
- SSL certificate in progress
- New Hosting ready

In order to use you will have to own a Google Plus user.

As I said before, there will be 2 types of users, but for a limited time all the users who sign in will be premium forever.

For client App:

- New Command Lock with password (equal to android lock)

For Web part:

- Option to set a name for every device
- Small changes

Not published yet!

Thanks
9th October 2013, 08:28 AM |#105  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I want to thank all people who make a donation for this project.

sincerely

Pacosal
9th October 2013, 07:12 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
This is what we do so far:

ownmdm portal:

- Developed at 70%
- SSL certificate Ready
- New Hosting ready

As I said before, there will be 2 types of users, but for a limited time all the users who sign in will be premium forever.

For client App:

- New Command Lock with password (equal to android lock)

For Web part:

- Small changes

Not published yet!

Thanks
10th October 2013, 05:19 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
News

ownMdm portal developed at 99%.

We plan to release the portal in a few hours and a new App version as well.

Features will be the same than you have with last version right now, but with our servers.

Portal have:

- Option to Add devices
- Option to Delete devices
- Small changes

All connections will be Secure.

Thank
10th October 2013, 06:40 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
It's RELEASED!

- Now you can use your own servers or ours.

- For a limited time all users that sign in will be Premium Users forever.

- Remember that in order to use our servers you have to download App version 1.1.0 + https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.pacosal.mdm

Go to https://www.ownmdm.com

Please, try it and give feedback here or at our new Google Plus Community

Thanks

* We will continue developing both versions with same features.
10th October 2013, 07:00 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Getting the error while logging in

"Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Google_ServiceException' with message 'Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/plus/v1/p...UiGXL7DCg4aqY: (404) Not Found' in /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php:66 Stack trace: #0 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php(36): Google_REST::decodeHttpResponse(Object(Google_Http Request)) #1 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/service/Google_ServiceResource.php(186): Google_REST::execute(Object(Google_HttpRequest)) #2 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/contrib/Google_PlusService.php(233): Google_ServiceResource->__call('get', Array) #3 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/login.php(55): Google_PeopleServiceResource->get('me') #4 {main} thrown in /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php on line 66"
10th October 2013, 07:10 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgal302006

Getting the error while logging in

"Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Google_ServiceException' with message 'Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/plus/v1/p...UiGXL7DCg4aqY: (404) Not Found' in /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php:66 Stack trace: #0 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php(36): Google_REST::decodeHttpResponse(Object(Google_Http Request)) #1 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/service/Google_ServiceResource.php(186): Google_REST::execute(Object(Google_HttpRequest)) #2 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/contrib/Google_PlusService.php(233): Google_ServiceResource->__call('get', Array) #3 /home/iogrozgd/public_html/login.php(55): Google_PeopleServiceResource->get('me') #4 {main} thrown in /home/iogrozgd/public_html/inc/io/Google_REST.php on line 66"

Do you have a Google Plus User?
10th October 2013, 07:28 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Quote:

Do you have a Google Plus User?

I was not before but once I created the G+ profile I am didn't get the error. But shouldn't be the error more end user friendly?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mdm, ownmdm, raspberry, raspi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)