FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Game streaming to other Android devices or PCs with Moonlight and GeForce Experience

468 posts
Thanks Meter: 406

By cgutman, Senior Member on 31st October 2013, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th July 2014, 10:50 PM |#1001  
Flag Las Cruces, NM
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallnerd1985

It will be the same issue for most phone models out there due to the manufacturer because of the cheap parts they use for the BT/WiFi antennas, especially the N5. 5 GHz will improve it but will still interfere and expected packet losses will occur.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well that kinda sucks! Using the moga controller is a lot more convenient because it has the holder for the phone... It would be perfect if you could use the moga over USB instead of Bluetooth!

25th July 2014, 10:59 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
@Attreyu the tegra 4 is designed for this ! it's incredible with my G2 on S800 Soc i have 38ms latency in 720p/30
26th July 2014, 08:48 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have an LG Gpad 8.3 Android 4.4.2.

- When using a wired 360 controller (Not XBOX One) plugged into my Android device using an OTG cable, I can navigate the "desktop" but when I launch Limelight and go into a game like Metro Last Light for example I cannot use my controller at all.

- When my controller is plugged in all the "syncronisation" lights are flashing. Could that be the problem? I don't think it is personally as that is only when it's trying to pair itself to a receiver, which I am not using.

Any info or help to fix would be appreciated.

28th July 2014, 09:09 AM |#1004  
Flag Warszawa, Poland
Thanks Meter: 321

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majnu

I have an LG Gpad 8.3 Android 4.4.2.

- When my controller is plugged in all the "syncronisation" lights are flashing. Could that be the problem? I don't think it is personally as that is only when it's trying to pair itself to a receiver, which I am not using.

It is standard behavior of Xbox360 controller under Android. You can check if you have xpad.ko for your playform and some useful exstras like kl and kcm files.
I can provide the extras but i don;t have xpad.ko for your platform.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rayman96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rayman96 Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 03:46 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
RTSP handshake failed
Having trouble getting limelight to work on my OUYA. The OUYA successfully pairs with my computer but when I try to launch an application the application launches on the computer but I get this error on the OUYA: Starting RTSP handshake failed. I've tried turning off the firewall and doing a clean install of the driver. Any ideas why this might be happening? Cheers!
29th July 2014, 03:59 PM |#1006  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 406

More
GeForce Experience 2.1.1 incompatibility
Please hold off upgrading to GFE 2.1.1 pending a new version of Limelight. I think they've subtly changed the RTSP handshake process which results in the message: "RTSP OPTIONS request failed 505"

If this is all that has changed, the update shouldn't take long. I'll look at it later today.

Edit: RTSP error 505 is "RTSP Version not supported"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgutman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cgutman Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 07:41 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutman

Please hold off upgrading to GFE 2.1.1 pending a new version of Limelight. I think they've subtly changed the RTSP handshake process which results in the message: "RTSP OPTIONS request failed 505"

If this is all that has changed, the update shouldn't take long. I'll look at it later today.

Edit: RTSP error 505 is "RTSP Version not supported"

It's exactly the message I'm presented with. Waiting for the update...
29th July 2014, 07:56 PM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lightbulb 229
Could be gamestream support for stylus input?
youtube dot com /watch?v=4h8k5LLK0jI
Limelght turn any tablet / phone with Stylus in a cyntiq.
I willing to pay much for it.
30th July 2014, 03:20 AM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Shameless feature request incoming:

Hey, could you add a way to change how the touch input works? Right now the screen acts like a touchpad, but the click sensitivity is like really bad and it's hard to make the mouse click sometimes.

What I want tho is the screen to act like a touchscreen instead, so move the mouse to the x,y coordinate of the touch and then click as long as you are touching, this simplifies everything and it would let me play Hearthstone on my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to MiniDemonic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MiniDemonic Ad-Free
30th July 2014, 01:16 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Non LAN streaming?
With the addition of the "on my network and the internet " to GFE not too long ago, is there a way to get limelight to work from, lets say a different city? I was thinking about using himachi LAN emulator, but not sure how that would work!
30th July 2014, 02:48 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Does anybody happen to have old installer for GFE? I upgraded to 2.1.1 and streaming does not work.

EDIT: Found it: http://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GF...e_v2.1.0.0.exe

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

I tested a bit of streaming with USB keyboard and mouse. And it is not usable:

1. Mouse works in-game, but android cursor is visible. I wouldn't mind that much, except that mouse movements are confined to that cursor. So if android cursor reaches screen border, you can't move mouse in that direction anymore.

2. Keyboard just doesn't work or works very weirdly (character won't even walk, holding key will register as double tap). My guess is, you just receive character input events and forward them?

Aren't there any root APIs that could give you raw access to keyboard and mouse? That would make this actually playable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, game streaming, gamestream, geforce experience, shield

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)