FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[UTIL] TouchWatch2 2.44 -Timer/Stopwatch (multilanguage)

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By lopez1_de, Senior Member on 26th May 2009, 12:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th July 2010, 06:43 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member

More
Ethermind, jukefox

this is a very nice idea. I don't have any time in the moment. But if I have some, I will add this (and the lithuanian translation).

Please feed me with some free to use images (the one you used are very nice!). Size 96x96 and png or ico is perfect.

12th July 2010, 07:02 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Oh very nice! Images are free for non-commercial use (I think "free" means that).

Cooky and tea cooking time:
http://www.freeiconsweb.com/Coffee_B...kies_Icon.html <-- save as.. PNG
http://www.iconspedia.com/search/teacup/

Coffee cooking time:
http://www.iconspedia.com/search/food/
Eggs cooking time:
http://www.freeiconsweb.com/3D_food_icons.html
http://www.iconspedia.com/search/egg/

Icon & PNG - just resize : )
12th July 2010, 09:33 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethermind

Oh very nice! Images are free for non-commercial use (I think "free" means that).

Thanks! Yeah, it's non commercial.
14th July 2010, 02:23 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
High processor usage
Hello all. I've searched the thread numerous times over the course of the past two months to see if someone else has seen this... but has anyone else noticed this app taking 100% of the CPU when it is in the foreground?

My device: CDMA Touch Pro2
ROMs: Energy's Cookie (Energy.RHODCDMA.23569.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jul.10.7z is the latest I've tried it on) - but I've been trying it since the May ROMs
Monitoring application: BattClock, with one stripe (or even an actual percentage counter) showing the CPU utilization

I've tried TouchWatch since v2.4 (2.42 and 2.43) on about a half dozen Energy ROM versions, and when this app is actively running a timer or stopwatch, the utilization pegs 100%. If it goes in to the background, utilization drops to "normal" levels.

I've run SPB Time, G-Watch, and a slew of other timers/stopwatches and none of them use more than 50% or so of my CPU when painting the screen in the foreground.

Now, please no flaming... this could be because of the custom ROM I am running, etc. Just asking if anyone can validate this on other models or TP2 ROMs out there. Next time I flash, I might put back my stock ROM + battclock and see if this still happens. Note I doubt this is due to some issue with BattClock (2.1.2) as I've never seen this with any other stopwatch app so far.

If this has been discussed elsewhere, I apologize and please redirect me to that thread.
14th July 2010, 09:43 AM |#105  

More
XPERIA all Ok. I use my own custom ROM.
14th July 2010, 10:37 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo

Hello all. I've searched the thread numerous times over the course of the past two months to see if someone else has seen this... but has anyone else noticed this app taking 100% of the CPU when it is in the foreground?

My device: CDMA Touch Pro2
ROMs: Energy's Cookie (Energy.RHODCDMA.23569.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jul.10.7z is the latest I've tried it on) - but I've been trying it since the May ROMs
Monitoring application: BattClock, with one stripe (or even an actual percentage counter) showing the CPU utilization

I've tried TouchWatch since v2.4 (2.42 and 2.43) on about a half dozen Energy ROM versions, and when this app is actively running a timer or stopwatch, the utilization pegs 100%. If it goes in to the background, utilization drops to "normal" levels.

I've run SPB Time, G-Watch, and a slew of other timers/stopwatches and none of them use more than 50% or so of my CPU when painting the screen in the foreground.

Now, please no flaming... this could be because of the custom ROM I am running, etc. Just asking if anyone can validate this on other models or TP2 ROMs out there. Next time I flash, I might put back my stock ROM + battclock and see if this still happens. Note I doubt this is due to some issue with BattClock (2.1.2) as I've never seen this with any other stopwatch app so far.

If this has been discussed elsewhere, I apologize and please redirect me to that thread.

You are right. TouchWatch has no fps limitation. It takes as much cpu as it can for drawing the graphics to show proper miliseconds. If you have started a timer it is recommed to switch of the device (pressing power button) or put TouchWatch to the background. The timer is running well in standby or background and the device is switching on again(and is switching Touchwatch to the front) if the timer is expired. This will use much less battery because TouchWatch isn't drawing anything while in standby or in background.

I think that SPB Time and G-Watch using opengl which use hardware acceleration. But this will need battery also even the processor is "only" at 50%. You don't see the usage of the GPU with your monitoring tool. You have to add the "not knowing" ammount of GPU usage to the cpu usage to get a proper result. 50% CPU+ ?% GPU = ? (maybe like 100% CPU)
14th July 2010, 02:09 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Split times
Hi,

I find the app great. I am missing "split times" as known from regular stop watches.

Regards
sebrus
14th July 2010, 04:45 PM |#108  

More
Hello again : )

I think that can be useful to highlight active OR to shadow inactive timers:

Just two additional reg values: InactiveTimerColor and ActiveTimerColor.
Existing variant can be achieved by setting InactiveTimerColor & ActiveTimerColor with the same value.
15th July 2010, 07:21 AM |#109  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethermind

Hello again : )

I think that can be useful to highlight active OR to shadow inactive timers:
Just two additional reg values: InactiveTimerColor and ActiveTimerColor.
Existing variant can be achieved by setting InactiveTimerColor & ActiveTimerColor with the same value.

Nice idea!
15th July 2010, 02:53 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member

More
v2.4.4 is coming soon

new features:
- sensor/autorotate landscape!
- icons for your timer/stopwatch!
- lithuanian (lt-LT) translation (from cukierkas)
- darken disabled timer

I have to test it a bit then I will release it.
15th July 2010, 06:02 PM |#111  

More
Angry Hell!
Time before release seems goes slow as hell
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)