FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UTIL] TouchWatch2 2.44 -Timer/Stopwatch (multilanguage)

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By lopez1_de, Senior Member on 26th May 2009, 12:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2009, 08:15 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytes2bits

I really like this program but unfortunately when i turn off the screen on my HTC Touch (CDMA), the timer stops working until I turn the screen back on and return to the program. It's like it stalls in the background and stops counting down. I installed it to my storage card rather than main memory. Could this be the problem?

Update: I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to the main memory, soft reset and tried it again. Now once I start the timer and turn the screen off, it makes one short vibration, no sound, no screen turning on, and the timer starts counting upward when the timer reaches zero. Once I manually turn the device on I can see the timer counting upwards and then it starts to vibrate and make sound normally while the timer continues counting upward... really weird. I want this program to work. I really like it. Hope you can reproduce the bug and figure it out.

Hi,
the windows mobile design don't allow to run timers when the device is switched off. There are some workarounds for this (like using alarms), but this isn't a good idea for timers or stopwatches.
You can switch off the screen if you want (there are some tools out there which can do this), but if oyu switch of the device, all timers or stopwatches will stop.

I have noticed that there is a way to run applications in an unattended mode. MAybe this will work. I'll try it.

2nd June 2009, 01:08 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez1_de

Hi,
I have noticed that there is a way to run applications in an unattended mode. MAybe this will work. I'll try it.

Ok, found a way that you are able to suspend the device via power button. But the device will not be suspended really. Only the screen and lights are switched off. Timers will run in background and switch on the screen if timer is elapsed.

Will release it soon..
2nd June 2009, 01:41 PM |#13  
Flag Somerset (physically), Scotland (spiritually)
Thanks Meter: 1,125

More
Nice work lopez1_de - this has real promise.

I don't know whether the various reports of issues with the screen sizing on WVGA pre- or post-date your release in whivh you thought WVGA was fixed, but it appears not to be. The screen still comes up with a 'gap' at the bottom.

Keep up the good work though!
2nd June 2009, 03:05 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustopher

Nice work lopez1_de - this has real promise.

I don't know whether the various reports of issues with the screen sizing on WVGA pre- or post-date your release in whivh you thought WVGA was fixed, but it appears not to be. The screen still comes up with a 'gap' at the bottom.

Keep up the good work though!

Hi Gustopher,
thank you for testing.

Damn, how to get the proper screen dimensions on WVGA devices. C#.NET does not give the correct values for Client.Height I think. I googled so long to find the answer. No luck until now. ...
3rd June 2009, 01:44 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 527

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez1_de

Hi,
the windows mobile design don't allow to run timers when the device is switched off. There are some workarounds for this (like using alarms), but this isn't a good idea for timers or stopwatches.
You can switch off the screen if you want (there are some tools out there which can do this), but if oyu switch of the device, all timers or stopwatches will stop.

Yes, I did notice that with some programs. I do however use a timer program called simple timer which allows me to turn off the screen and then lights up and alerts me when the timer is up. Your program is much cooler looking though. Thanks for keeping at it.
3rd June 2009, 08:12 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
OK, finally fixed the WVGA screen fitting. Many thanks goes to Gustopher for testing it.

For all developers:
And here the trick which allow to run things in background while device is "switched off". You have to set the power management of the device to unattended mode. If the user is pressing the power button, the device will not be suspended, it will be in unattended mode. You have to deactivate the unattended mode manually!

Code:
        private const int PPN_UNATTENDEDMODE = 0x0003;
        [System.Runtime.InteropServices.DllImport("coredll.dll")]
        private static extern bool PowerPolicyNotify(int dwMessage, bool dwData);

I will release a new version very soon.
4th June 2009, 04:31 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
New release!

Version History:
2.32:
* Fixed WVGA fitting.
* Added support for switching the device off while timer/stopwatch is running
* Added S2U2 detection and automatic exception creation.

Get it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...86#post3837186
5th June 2009, 12:26 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i really love your app.

can you add support for AppToDate?
5th June 2009, 02:55 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-de-geus

i really love your app.

can you add support for AppToDate?

thanks!

Woooh nice idea with AppToDate. And easy to implement. I definitifly will add support for AppToDate.
5th June 2009, 03:53 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 527

More
This is working perfectly now. Thanks for a great app... my new favorite timer
7th June 2009, 10:09 PM |#21  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I installed this program and now S2U2 won't work. I read that you shouldn't power off the device when the timer is running, so I didn't do that. Now when I try to open S2U2, my task manager says S2U2 for a second and then it goes away without opening.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)