[GUIDE] How to Remove Pre-Installed Apps for FREE

Did this guide help you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

>MR.T

Mar 6, 2010
"Absolute System Root Tool" it does it all hundreds of fonts, tons of boot animations, change your screen resolution and all that build prop stuff, and complete application control. All these things are almost one touch operations wich anybody can do and yes it backs up the apps and a bunch of other cool stuff. Its not free I think it mite set you back a whole 2 or 3 bucks. Oh yes and the preview of the boot animations is sweet! Do yourself a favor and get this app. Great Dev support and updates!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
My favorite is Uninstaller for Root/Root Uninstaller (I've seen both for the same app). All you need is root and you press the app and either freeze or uninstall. Free, Easy, and you don't need to know the apk name.

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
Surpised noone has mentioned pm.. shouldn't use rm through adb shell... it will leave cache and data scraps.. use pm instead... removes all traces of installed packges. Which titanium, sdx and none of the other tools listed do...

Reactions: ghostrid3r

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
Surpised noone has mentioned pm.. shouldn't use rm through adb shell... it will leave cache and data scraps.. use pm instead... removes all traces of installed packges. Which titanium, sdx and none of the other tools listed do...

There you go! That now makes this post useful.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
"Absolute System Root Tool" it does it all hundreds of fonts, tons of boot animations, change your screen resolution and all that build prop stuff, and complete application control. All these things are almost one touch operations wich anybody can do and yes it backs up the apps and a bunch of other cool stuff. Its not free I think it mite set you back a whole 2 or 3 bucks. Oh yes and the preview of the boot animations is sweet! Do yourself a favor and get this app. Great Dev support and updates!

Good call on this app. It has a lot going on for it. A lot of options and also I like the fact that it has your memory info and app info as well. Sorry for being off topic. This thread is good though for those who wish to get rid of the stock bloat.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

digijuan

Mar 27, 2010
will this method delete the stock 2.2 facebook app? i'm having all kinds of luck trying to get rid of it.

update, got it to work.

Last edited:

MANZYALI786

Oct 2, 2015
its showing permission denied after step 5.

Its showing me as "permission denied"after entering the code in step 5.....please help me as soon as possible:crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.