[ROM Port / WIP] - CoolDroid Revolution v9.0 - Sense 4.1

Search This thread

TheTenth

Nov 29, 2010
Liège
Are you entirely sure you have stock hboot? If you do have you tried formatting all partitions from recovery several times?

Yes, I'm sure about my hboot, and I've formatted everything, internal or sd. My Bravo is PVT1 and has overheating issues. It sometimes reboots while installing, so I have to start again several times in order to achieve install.

Weirdest is I have much less trouble with AOSP/AOKP/PA/CWM... roms.

Next I wanna try is to flash the downgrader from alpharev before flashing stock hboot again, but tbh I don't expect much from that.

Thing is I really want to try Sense 4 rom on the desire, since I have a GN on the side for all my AOSP wishes.

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
SAME for me.

Actually I've never been able to boot the Sense 4 rom.
Sometimes it makes it to bootanimation, but most of the times it's stuck at splashscreen. Might be related to memory management/partitioning/hboot, as I cannot boot any big sense roms (michael_007 mods).

Will give this one a try.

PS : Shaky's alpha 4 boots on my device...

If you go to Greeneyes other sense 4 thread, you will see how long i tried to boot his rom. I ALSO have a PVT1 model, dont know if that means anything. But i tried and tried and tried. You would wonder why after flashing millions of rom, this one wouldnt budge. I even had a kind user upload his CWM backup of that ROM and i restored it, but guess what, no luck.
So then i tried the v03 and it boots FINE. I tried Shakys, it boots fine. SO i gave up and went away.
Seeing as OP has ported another rom, ill definitely give it a try sometime, but seeing you're on the same boat as me, i think i wont be successful. Just thought i should share my experience.

Regards

pawan1993

Sep 27, 2010
Yes, I'm sure about my hboot, and I've formatted everything, internal or sd. My Bravo is PVT1 and has overheating issues. It sometimes reboots while installing, so I have to start again several times in order to achieve install.

Weirdest is I have much less trouble with AOSP/AOKP/PA/CWM... roms.

Next I wanna try is to flash the downgrader from alpharev before flashing stock hboot again, but tbh I don't expect much from that.

Thing is I really want to try Sense 4 rom on the desire, since I have a GN on the side for all my AOSP wishes.

Downgrading then reflashing the hboot is good idea. I think maybe a nand partition might be corrupt. Then format all partitions several times. If that does not work then wait for other advice :) Otherwise revert back to your old rom.

dunstan92

Apr 18, 2011
Is it just me or the rom recognizes my NAND partition as user app partition and installed all the system apps on my sd ext?
Tried both stock a2sd and oxygen a2sd. Both gave me the same results.
I have 9mb left during first boot. Used root explorer and found out that all system apps are installed on sd ext with 600+mb left in sd ext of which 300++mb is used.

Am on Jelly hboot though. Will try to switch to stock hboot and check if the issue persist.

Last edited:

TheTenth

Nov 29, 2010
Liège
Downgrading then reflashing the hboot is good idea. I think maybe a nand partition might be corrupt. Then format all partitions several times. If that does not work then wait for other advice :) Otherwise revert back to your old rom.

OK I tried downgrading and formatting but it didn't work, boot always stuck on bootanimation.
If I do it under logcat, it looks like it's caught in a loop, but I don't know enough about it to figure out what causes it.

Going back to JellyNow...

pawan1993

Sep 27, 2010
OK I tried downgrading and formatting but it didn't work, boot always stuck on bootanimation.
If I do it under logcat, it looks like it's caught in a loop, but I don't know enough about it to figure out what causes it.

Going back to JellyNow...

Sorry. I don't know too much about development. Just a lot of experience with these things :) Have you tried repartitioning your sd card? Sense has a lot of stuff so lots is on sd-ext. I've had quite a few problems with corrupt sd ext partitions and only get fixed once I repartition it. I suggest gparted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CoolDroid Revolution v 9.0

Trying this Rom once, is adopting it for always

Features
    Quote:
    Ω Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Ω Latest One V Base: 2.22.401.1
    Ω Sense 4.1
    Ω Evervolv Kernel (2.6.38.8)
    Ω Tabbed Quicksettings
    Ω Sense 4.1
    Ω Tabbed Quicksettings
    Ω Cube animations like One X
    Ω Full work stock Camera
    Ω Stable , Fast and Optimised for Battery Life
    Ω Cube Animations in all apps are smooth as butter
    Ω Sense 4.1 lockscreens added
    Ω LIGHTNING Fast
    Ω Deodexed, zipaligned
    Ω Synchronisation fully working
    Ω NEW Advanced Power Menu
    Ω Busybox + runparts
    Ω Location is enabled
    Ω A lot of junk removed
    Ω Rooted and SuperUser
    Ω init.d support
    Ω Enhanced further Beats Sound Audio
    Ω Init.d tweaks
    Ω Multilanguages
    Ω Fix package signature checking
    Ω Fast and optimized
    Ω more

Fast , smooth & stable...

Credits to :

*Dsixda for his kitchen
    *The UOT Kitchen team
    *HTC for the base
    *XDA devs for the inspiration!
    *Coolexe for his permission to port

http://d-h.st/ix9 - update 9.0

Kernelsource:

https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k

Change log:
    version 9.0:
    - added Full Lockscreen
    - full Sense 4.1 with all widgets and apps
    - better sizing sense 4.1 rosie
    - resized all widgets
    - resized Weather animation in landscape mode
    - fixed Taskmanager (show real size - 768M)
    - fixed contacts icons
    - added FaceLock - 100% work
    - added more build.prob Tweaks
    - something More That I Can't Remembered...

Instructions

1. Flash Superwipe

2. Flash Superwipe again :laugh:

3. Flash Rom

4. Flash m2sd (For me : I am on cm7r2 , I decided to store apps, data, dalvik to sd-ext, take the dl option) , and all works like charming ,

If anyone is quite a bit tougher than me in compiling kernels, than fixing FM will not be a problem. My Problem is that every selfcompiled Kernel don´t interact with the bcmdhd_fw files, alltough I compiled with tghe right Kernel Sources....
    @Nonamer any help in developing is welcome... :good:
    i fixed wifi, n made some tweaks

included new CoolDroid 8.5 stuffs
    http://d-h.st/csH
    So now I´m home again from hospital. Think I will prepare little Update this week. Hope to get camera full fixed
    Uploaded new smooth Version , Screenshots coming tonight... all Hboots, fully rooted, working Audio, Sensors , Camera, etc...
    @Nonamer any help in developing is welcome... :good: