hboot 0.75 - s-on

after

hboot 0.93 s-off

i have made it with Vmware 7.x

Last edited:

ieftm

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 17, 2008
Mine sat on stage 3 for around half an hour before my phone turned off. Will not turn back on will not charge or anything. Tried removing sim and memory card. Still no life.

Words cannot describe how i feel right now. I read the disclaimer so i guess it's my own fault!

Wow, it failed without even telling you?
Could you describe to me exactly what happened right before it turned off?

If it won't turn on again, there's little I can do. But, please provide your phone details, this is extremely curious as it should never fail without telling you first.

ieftm

Apr 17, 2008
It never failed. It still said waiting for hboot to flash or whatever it says. I wouldn't have touched it but the phone was definitely off for a while.

Hboot was 75.
T-Mobile handset.
SenseHD rom the flashable zip r2.

The method is set up so it:

1. Will try to flash hboot.
2. Verify, if old hboot is still on, fail and reboot.
3. If that failed, reflash old hboot again.
4. Verify again, and fail with a message to keep everything online and get on IRC.

I'm very, very curious as to know what went wrong here :/

Might be quite the long shot: Your battery was fully charged when you tried this? :(

Phone must he on? Or bootloader or what?

Just on. As in android.

ieftm

Apr 17, 2008
Battery was around 50% i guess i was a little careless. How long should stage 3 take?

Normally no more than 2 up to 5 minutes.

By then, you should've received feedback. That is, unless USB communication got disrupted somehow, then you might never see the feedback from the flashing process going on inside the phone..

quanghaidv04

Aug 1, 2010
Guide

please,give me the guide more detail such as step by step, I downloaded file .iso but I don't know how use it?

ephumuris

Dec 7, 2008
Hull
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
please,give me the guide more detail such as step by step, I downloaded file .iso but I don't know how use it?

Burn it. Boot it. Done.

Normally no more than 2 up to 5 minutes.

By then, you should've received feedback. That is, unless USB communication got disrupted somehow, then you might never see the feedback from the flashing process going on inside the phone..

Hmm well i didn't move or knock the phone. The cable has never caused me any problems in the past.

maliiina

Jan 7, 2010
mfgqgiy

I have this after plug to usb

mari0s

Jul 24, 2010
cairo
Flashed successfully, and S-OFF working flawlessly :)
for creating Live CD with USB flash drive i used *unetbootin-windows*

Undesirable

Jul 19, 2010
Plymouth
IRC details are: irc.freenode.net , channel #alpharev

Several people have had the "can't open '/tmp/feedback'" issue, and needed to verify their HBoot image on IRC to check that it was safe to reboot. Two people have successfully rebooted after that error so far.

@IEF said:
adb shell
dump_image hboot /res/hboot.img
md5sum /res/hboot.img
should read '8ff9742cfcd80e01b6345e87f304d74b'

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read more on the following page:

AlphaRev Website.

to our device fund :)

Enjoy!

In case you need it after the process completes successfully:

Flash your recovery using 'fastboot'. Do not ask here how to use FASTBOOT, there's a million tutorials for it if you just search a bit.

The livecd will now ask you to optionally install CWM-AlphaRev Recovery 2.5.1.8. This -should- support PVT4 models as well.

---

AlphaRev 1.8 has been released. This features:

-improved logic
    -on-screen progress (on the phone)
    -optional recovery installation
    -multiple device support

---

More new HBOOTS have been released for bravo.

-PVT4 support
    -6.93.1002 version numbering (better recognition)
    -Downgrade protection (cannot be overwritten by a RUU, unless you flash a downgrader HBOOT first.)
    -Misc is supported to be flashed through fastboot (for usb unbricking or mainver downgrading)
    -SuperCID patched, never need a goldcard again with these hboots. You can now safely flash a RUU, your HBOOT will not be overwritten.

-New sizes for Oxygen and CM7 HBOOT, indicated by the 'r2' tag.

Everyone is advised to upgrade to these new HBOOTS, even when you are using the stock partition table.

Make sure to verify the MD5SUM listed in the table right before you're about to flash these images!
    If you don't, and the file is corrupt, you WILL brick your bootloader.
    Get in! You guys are aaaaawwwsssoooommmeeee! :D

XDA MODS... This needs to be a sticky!

Sent from LeeDrOiD loaded HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    All the HBOOTS are updated as per yesterday, including stock.
    Read the first post for details.
    Hey Guys,

Im pretty new to the hole flashing rom's ect. Is there a screenshot/video tutorial to flash hboot?

/Martin

Flash it using a PB99IMG.zip from HBOOT.

I'm adding zipfiles to the website (which should be renamed to PB99IMG.zip on /sdcard)

If you then enter HBOOT, it asks you to flash that. Unfortunately there's no selecting a zipfile, it's just rename the correct one to PB99IMG.

But honestly, why in the hell would you need to flash radios all the time? (Especially on-the-go)

Thank you.

I missed it with all the noise on the Oxygen thread.

For info, from there http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10125671&postcount=9383

The first few HBOOTS are raw sizes, Oxygen is the only one with YAFFS2 sizes listed. Thats simply because Oxygen came much later :p

I'll adjust the other ones to show actual YAFFS2 size.
    AlphaRev 1.8 released. Bravo PVT4 is now supported (and legend/espresso).

Enjoy :)