FORUMS

[ROM]★●[TF300T/G/L/201/301][CROMi-X 5.4][ROM2SD | ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.5][02/22]●★

12,753 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,733

By sbdags, Inactive Recognized Contributor on 29th August 2013, 10:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2013, 06:36 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 1,131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

Yes you need 2 EXT4 partitions as explained in the instructions.

In this order Fat 32 (2 - 16GB), Large EXT4 (4 - 48GB), Small EXT4 (1GB)

Edit: Still not working, The installation was fast and went fine without any errors. How does it know that it needs to boot from MicroSD?

Below is my partition configuration, I have 64GB SDXC card.
1) Fat32 2) Ext4 3) Ext4

I am using _that's V4 kernel during installation.
10th November 2013, 08:40 PM |#1002  

More
Giving Rom2SD another try, following these instructions from TF700 thread:

Quote:

Remember you must have a fast microSD card formatted with a fat32, ext4 for /data and ext4 for /system in GPARTED for Rom2sd.
1. You need a fast microsd card - preferably at least a 16GB Class 10 - UHS-1 card like a sandisk or Samsung with a read speed of over 20MB/s
2. You need to use Linux or how I did it a GParted ISO on a Bootable USB Stick on a PC
3. In GParted set up your micro sd with 3 partitions all primary (no logical) in this order FAT32, EXT4, EXT4
They will be used as SDCARD, /data, /system in that order so I recommend the following sizes for a 16GB sdcard; 4GB for SDCard, 11GB for /data and 1GB for system or thereabouts.
If you used a 32GB or 64GB card then increase the SDCard and /data partitions as you see fit (I went with 16GB, 47GB and 1GB on my 64GB card)
4. You must have already installed CROMi-X with ROM2SD compatibility selected from the installer and have it working - dirty or clean will work.
5. Install the ROM2SD version and let it finish. Let it reboot.
6. You should be presented with a clean install setup wizard when it boots if it has worked. If it hasn't worked you will be back at your previous CROMi-X/miniC installation launcher.
7. Job done - set up your ROM2SD however you like - it can't interfere with your normal setup
8. You will notice 2 folders on root - datai and sdcardi - these allow you to see your internal /datai and sdcardi partitions if you wish to copy files over
9. As long as the SDCard is inserted you will boot to ROM2SD, remove it (not whilst in android unless you want to crash) and on that boot you will switch back to your normal miniC or CROMi-X if you installed that to SD.

10th November 2013, 09:14 PM |#1003  
OP Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvsgh

Giving Rom2SD another try, following these instructions from TF700 thread:

It should work fine - I have tried it out at least 10 times. If it isn't talk me through the steps you are taking.
10th November 2013, 09:47 PM |#1004  

More
Quote:

It should work fine - I have tried it out at least 10 times. If it isn't talk me through the steps you are taking.

It seems to be working following the steps mentioned for TF700

I have to first install a ROM to Internal Memory(Rom2SD Compatibility mode), boot it up. Let it run for few minutes.
Reboot to recovery, and then install the ROM again with Rom2SD option.

So basically now I will have 2 ROMS installed on my TAB, 1 normal installation and another on MicroSD.

I am seeing some random reboots on the ROM installed on MicroSD, but I have to wait for a while and see if it gets stabilized.

Thanks for this wonderful ROM.
10th November 2013, 10:11 PM |#1005  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It seems to be working following the steps mentioned for TF700

I have to first install a ROM to Internal Memory(Rom2SD Compatibility mode), boot it up. Let it run for few minutes.
Reboot to recovery, and then install the ROM again with Rom2SD option.

So basically now I will have 2 ROMS installed on my TAB, 1 normal installation and another on MicroSD.

I am seeing some random reboots on the ROM installed on MicroSD, but I have to wait for a while and see if it gets stabilized.

Thanks for this wonderful ROM.

How did you partition your sd card with gparted? See if you can run e2fsk on the partition whilst in twrp:

e2fsck -fvyD /dev/block/mmcblk1p2
10th November 2013, 11:29 PM |#1006  

More
I'm using Minitool Partition Wizard on Windows, it always works for me.

I can execute that command successfully, it outputs summary information about the files on MicroSD ext4 partition and there is no error.
11th November 2013, 12:05 AM |#1007  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,276

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm using Minitool Partition Wizard on Windows, it always works for me.

I can execute that command successfully, it outputs summary information about the files on MicroSD ext4 partition and there is no error.

Most people who used Minitool for Data2SD had problems, but nobody investigated why so far.

Can you please post the output of

Code:
fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk1
?
11th November 2013, 02:15 AM |#1008  

More
Please see the output of fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk1 command.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fdisk_tf300t.png
Views:	226
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	2384840  
The Following User Says Thank You to pvsgh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvsgh Ad-Free
11th November 2013, 06:36 AM |#1009  
Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 801

More
Quote:

If you can restore a backup it might not be corruption. It sounds like the file you are flashing is corrupt to me. The sure sign is that TWRP is asking you install SU as it can't find root.

Download it again and try flashing it again.

This is exactly why I posted checking the md5 of your download is CRUCIAL. So many people skip this step yet is one of the most important ones lol. A bad download can still flash and work, but also will give you all sorts of hell after the flash. It is easy and takes only seconds to compare the md5 against Sbdags md5 in the OP.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
11th November 2013, 08:10 AM |#1010  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 10

More
This ROM is so good that ever since i flashed it some 10 months ago i never came back to XDA to check new ROM development. Made my tablet awesome.
Just wanted to thank the developers. You are the best!

Sent from my OptimusX4HD using Tapatalk
11th November 2013, 08:12 AM |#1011  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyraxiate

This is exactly why I posted checking the md5 of your download is CRUCIAL. So many people skip this step yet is one of the most important ones lol. A bad download can still flash and work, but also will give you all sorts of hell after the flash. It is easy and takes only seconds to compare the md5 against Sbdags md5 in the OP.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Also I sign all my files which means that if you turn signature verification on in TWRP it will do a file check for you and will stop if the signature doesn't match. I recommend everyone turn it on by default
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
10.6.1.27.1, cleanrom inheritance, cromi, cromi-x, jb 4.2.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)