Official Verizon Galaxy S4 Discussion Thread ***Updated: 5/22***

Search This thread

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Crap, I just misread the date and thought it said April 30. Now I'm mad. There's no way to get an "unlocked" one elsewhere and get it going on their network? I don't care where I buy the thing if I'm paying full price anyway.

Unlocked versions don't work on Verizon's network. The CDMA radios aren't there and the LTE chip for Verizon's network is a little different. Even if there was one, it has to be added as an approved device into Verizon's network before letting you connect. Verizon and Sprint both work that way due to the CDMA network design.

berfles

Sep 4, 2011
Unlocked versions don't work on Verizon's network. The CDMA radios aren't there and the LTE chip for Verizon's network is a little different. Even if there was one, it has to be added as an approved device into Verizon's network before letting you connect. Verizon and Sprint both work that way due to the CDMA network design.

So basically, if you want to use Verizon there's no way of getting this phone before May 30?

berfles

Sep 4, 2011
I hate Verizon. I also hate the other carriers for having such garbage coverage here which essentially forces me to continue using such a moronic carrier.

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Reached out to one of my sources. Here is a leaked photo of the Verizon Galaxy S4.

Pulled the file per request. Please PM me if you want to see a photo,

Last edited:

marcusblade

Jul 18, 2010
Detroit, MI
www.marcusblade.com
I had woken up at 3:30 EST this morning and checked the Verizon website from my phone and got to a page that said pre-order now. But when I tried clicking on the link, the link didn't seem to be active. I tried again at 8 EDT and the page was gone. Now just patiently waiting.

AirBaker

Aug 29, 2007
You can pre-order through the back-order process. Click "Add to Cart" next to the iPhone 5 and then go through the process. A chat rep helped me through it.

Reactions: marcusblade

AirBaker

Aug 29, 2007
That appears to be right. A charge for $0.00 is showing up in my credit card activity as pending. You can't add it to your account to do the financing plan online, only in the store, but she said the pre-order is only online.

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
I don't see A 32gb version do we have to wait longer for that?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Bloodcrav

Dec 3, 2011
Just called and ordered it through customer service I could've opted to bill it to my account but I wanted credit card. She told me it will charge when shipped.

Sent from my XT912 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Terrible boot up screen and no Wi-Fi toggle. Just Verizon’s on going notification as we all assumed. Besides that seems great!
    Update (5/22) - Root has been achieved: Link Here

Update (5/21) - Customers have started receiving their devices starting today.

Update (5/18) - Customers are receiving e-mails of shipping notification, order statuses are now updating with tracking numbers, most customers will receive their devices BEFORE the 23rd. Please check your e-mails and order statuses here: Link (Proof)

Update (5/17) - Customers are receiving e-mails of early arrivals, order statuses are now updating, and bank accounts are being charged. Please check with your accounts and order statuses here: Link (Proof)

Update (5/14) - Verizon is updating preorder shipping dates to 5/23 starting today, please check yours here: Link (Proof)

Update (5/13) - The Verizon Galaxy S4 will be available for purchase online and in Verizon Wireless Stores starting May 23. - Link

Update (5/9) - Changing this thread as all discussion related to the Verizon Galaxy S4.

Update (4/25 - 9:00AM EST) - Preorder is live: (Order Here) and orders will be shipping May 30th (Proof)

Update (4/25): Just spoke with a Verizon representative. Preorders start at 3:00AM EST.

Check here and here.

Update (4/24): Source

C8vnTKA.png

Details

I00k3J6.png

Original Post: Source

cogvHXf.png

Official Samsung Listings (Model: SCH-I545)

Black Mist

GS4_Verizon_Black_400x400_large1_HERO_1.jpg

White Frost

GS4_Verizon_White_400x400_large1_HERO_1.jpg
    The reason is there might be a 50% chancee the Verizon Version will have the 800 snapdragon that's why they are going to have that huge presentation in may to let people now about how Verizons will be a true beast compared to the others. So I'm and since the 800 is new it will be very very limited that's why only Verizon will have it and no bootloader Samsung already said no.. :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app

Stop posting your nonsense in our forums. Go troll somewhere else.

ATTN MODS: Time to put up the Verizon S4 Section :good:
    I'm thinking about canceling my preorder.. some people that received their att version are reporting that it doesn't feel that much faster than the s3 and it seems slower than with a custom ROM. Plus the boot loader is also locked for now. I'm thinking about selling my 2 unlimited data lines on ebay. They go for around 200$ so I get 400$ for that plus u sell my s3 and iPhone 4s for maybe $550 combined that's $950 minus $460 ETF fees. That's still $500 in my pocket and cut my bill from $160 a month to $$85-90 with T-Mobile. Sounds soooooo tempting

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

OMG!! You are one of those people that tweets to let everyone know your taking a dump, right?? Do you even think about what you say before you say it? First, nobody cares about your plans to ditch your network, sell your lines or otherwise. If you want to leave Verizon for possibly the slowest carrier in the country feel free. Second, you must have download the whole play store to use 32gb of space, apps arnt that big. Third, yes it will support talk and surf, the only 4g phone that does not it the s**tphone 5. Forth and final, if you are gullible enough to listen to a bunch of clowns talk about the lack of speed of a far superior phone compared to last years model then please DO cancel your order and save the phone for somebody else. if you honestly believe that a quad core 1.9 could possibly be slower than a dual core 1.5 then you should just go pick yourself up another iPhone, because that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard in my life. from what it sounds like you should hope the bootloader is locked because if it wasn't you probably brick your phone. Clearly some genius on this website will have it un locked before you even get your pre order in the mail. I've never snapped on anybody on this website before but do us all a favor and stop clogging up this thread with your opinionated garbage and banter.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S3
    Please hit the "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/