AT&T One X+ 4.2.2 Update Guide with RUU

Search This thread

manikumary

Feb 12, 2014
hyderabad
Seriously I have no idea.

But is ur hboot or radio updated......????

can u check that and report.......

Yes updated. Hboot:1.73.0000
Radio :2.21.5517.15

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Ok guys, there IS A WAY to flash when you have "error 158"

I got someone to test this out 1st, so i know it works (AT&T device tested)

Here's what you need ;

Minimal ADB\FASTBOOT HERE saves downloading THE WHOLE ANDROID SDK
The OFFICIAL RUU (download is in the OP)
and a file that i own, also known as the HBOOT. DOWNLOAD HERE (temp download link it's dropbox)

1st you will need to backup everything from sdcard,

reboot into FASTBOOT-USB (bootloader) make sure the USB is connected

Run the HBOOT exe file 1st, let that run, once that has run and done, run the RUU in fastboot-usb still with bootloader locked.

AND TADA

sorted

**I'AM IN NO WAY RESPONSABLE IF YOUR PHONE, BLOWS UP, BRICKS, DIES, BECOMES SENTIANT**

it won't work, will struck at installation screen. tried from 1.19 to 2.15

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Can any one help me how to downgrade android version also HBOOT? maybe this will solve my wifi issue

droids@m

Dec 16, 2012
Bangalore

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Can any one help me how to downgrade android version also HBOOT? maybe this will solve my wifi issue

Then I guess ur boot partion got installed during the Ruu and left with the 4.1.1 os itself......

Ask any one to share the boot.img for the 4.1.1 and flash that from the fastboot.......

to use the fastboot u have to unlock the bootloader......

manikumary

Feb 12, 2014
hyderabad
Then I guess ur boot partion got installed during the Ruu and left with the 4.1.1 os itself......

Ask any one to share the boot.img for the 4.1.1 and flash that from the fastboot.......

to use the fastboot u have to unlock the bootloader......

I have this

RUU_EVITARE_UL_JB_45_Cingular_US_1.19.502.1_Radio_2.14.55.01_18.21.95.55L_release_310178_signed.exe also successfully installed before. can i get boot.img from this?

droids@m

Dec 16, 2012
Bangalore
I have this

RUU_EVITARE_UL_JB_45_Cingular_US_1.19.502.1_Radio_2.14.55.01_18.21.95.55L_release_310178_signed.exe also successfully installed before. can i get boot.img from this?

I recently tried to pull the file from the rom.zip which will be found in the temp when u try to run the RUU...

I got an file corrupt error...........

Seems there is an workaround for extracting the rom.zip...

refer to this guide

manikumary

Feb 12, 2014
hyderabad
Why don't you just install one of the 4.2.2 custom ROMs? Or re RUU without force rebooting it this time

Sent from my One X+ using Tapatalk

Suggest me one. HBOOT is 1.70 and radio is 2.15, everything from screenshot is same. im unable to re ruu, since i installed hboot version of 1.70. can i down grade hboot version? i did not find the 1.19 hboot ruu.

thanks

Attachments

• 13022014045.jpg
    13022014045.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
yes true, that screenshot is old one. can you tell me good stable custom rom for my hox+(at&t). or how to downgrade hboot to 1.19? casue my android version is 1.19.502. but hboot is 1.70.000. cause of this my wifi is not working.:crying:

well force rebooting while you think the device is frozen is kind of your own fault.....anyway, any rom in the android development section, and be more careful next time...

manikumary

Feb 12, 2014
hyderabad
well force rebooting while you think the device is frozen is kind of your own fault.....anyway, any rom in the android development section, and be more careful next time...

So cant downgrade to hboot 1.19? cause if i have to install custom rom, i need to be unlocked so that i cant install stock rom's in future right?

Modit

Apr 12, 2011

Here's what you need ;

and a file that i own, also known as the HBOOT. DOWNLOAD HERE (temp download link it's dropbox)

Run the HBOOT exe file 1st, let that run, once that has run and done, run the RUU in fastboot-usb still with bootloader locked.

AND TADA

sorted

**I'AM IN NO WAY RESPONSABLE IF YOUR PHONE, BLOWS UP, BRICKS, DIES, BECOMES SENTIANT**

Mine updated as well without any problems thanks again for the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Details: http://www.htc.com/us/software/software-updates/htc-one-x-sense-5-update/

AT&T RUU: https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...5_18.27.11.35L_release_341689_signed_0220.exe

Sense 5 ROMs: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36091570&postcount=1

Q&A

I am on the stock ROM, but my bootloader is unlocked and I am rooted. Can I accept the OTA update?

No, you must relock your bootloader before taking the update. Otherwise, it will do nothing.

Can I accept the OTA update while on a custom ROM like Viper, Elegancia, Blackout, etc?

No, because the OTA checks to see if any files have been tampered with from stock, so your phone will refuse to update. You will have to go back to a stock ROM or flash the RUU to get the update.

Will the Telus One X+ be getting the OTA update?

It looks like Telus isn't getting the update according to this update schedule, which lacks any mention of the X+.

How do I get said update if I am not on the AT&T network?

Your only options at the moment are to flash a custom ROM based on Sense 5 or flash the RUU, as you cannot receive the OTA from AT&T while on another network.

Is there a way to get the update without updating the bootloader?

Yes, flashing a custom ROM based on Sense 5 will give you the update without updating your bootloader.

I tried updating, but it downloaded a 13 MB update and I'm still on Sense 4+. What gives?

The Sense 5 update is a two-part update. The first small update gets the phone ready for the larger and fully Sense 5 update.

But now I have to wait another 24 hours before I can check for updates again! What if I want it NOW?

You can go to Settings > Date and Time and uncheck Automatic Date/Time, then manually set the day ahead by one. This will allow you to check for updates again.

If you still have some unanswered questions or want something clarified leave a reply and I'll see what I can do. :fingers-crossed:

Here's what you need ;

and a file that i own, also known as the HBOOT. DOWNLOAD HERE

AND TADA

sorted

I have successfully captured both the preliminary 13.8mb OTApkg.zip as well as the second 532mb OTApkg. The smaller(first) update caused me to lose root so I had to back through the steps to regain it. I am currently waiting for the files to upload to dropbox and will share the link when the upload is complete.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda developers app

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

It is strange, but the text file named version in the first OTApkg shows version 1.19.502.1 CL161932. Is this the older update that they might have accidentally left on their servers?! Regardless, I will still link to both packages.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda developers app
    Schedule Update!

I sent an email to Jason Mackenzie at HTC, and he was able to narrow down the timeframe for the 4.2.2 update to early January!:D A little far off, but it's great to finally hear some more definitive dates.

V0Dioda.png
    New Information and Speculation

I've been keeping up to date on the Twitter-sphere for any new HTC update info. The AT&T 4.2.2 update is still stuck in the certification process with AT&T. :( It appears though that the EVO 4G LTE will get an update via OTA to 4.2.2, then will have a 4.3 update given through PC only. This seems like a good possibility for the One X+ as well (at least the AT&T version). Also, the Droid DNA has a confirmed 4.2.2 release in November, with a confirmed update to 4.4 in Q1! This is also a possibility for our phone. Again, this is all speculation, but by the looks of it, 4.2.2 will most likely not be the last update for us! :laugh: