Root de la Vega [KNOX 0x0 Root | SM-N900T]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kipster3001

Jan 4, 2011
Dallas
hellppp what happened

hi there every one i rooted my note 3 using the method shown here http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-note-3-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-3/
but when it was time to restart it will try to boot to recovery then it goes to the couldnt do normal boot odin mode.. if I flash the cwr with odin the phone comes on but i get pop ups that say everyting stops working.. any help or sugestions i just wanna get it to boot normal.

GEMINI365I

Feb 27, 2009
www.urbanradiousa.com
Hawt Damn! Just purchased my GN3 today from TMobile and I got my baby rooted using this method. Well, the post on page 2 that links to the original Tmo Tar file...simple, quick, easy. No pain! Now using Titanium to back up my apps from the GN2.

Unfortunately all the apps are not working..ugh. EVERYTHING is force closing on the phone now. Had to reset the device...

Thank you-Thank you!

Last edited:
---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Hawt Damn! Just purchased my GN3 today from TMobile and I got my baby rooted using this method. Well, the post on page 2 that links to the original Tmo Tar file...simple, quick, easy. No pain! Now using Titanium to back up my apps from the GN2.

Unfortunately all the apps are not working..ugh. EVERYTHING is force closing on the phone now.

Thank you-Thank you!

Here you go:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2473115

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonv31

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
Getting this error where it wont flash files in Odin...screen shot attached....i am in download mode and i tried both methods of getting to it as well just in case

EDIT: Loaded files first and then went into download mode and now its working.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:

kcfong2

Apr 11, 2004

Unfortunately all the apps are not working..ugh. EVERYTHING is force closing on the phone now. Had to reset the device...

Thank you-Thank you!

Did you run TB Restore Fixer after running Titanium? See this link for more information.

chadman

Dec 25, 2007
I've been reading if you froze/uninstalled My Magazine, it crashes email.

Stock email still crashed with MyMagazine installed. I just froze the stock email and use K9. So far issue is solved.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Did you run TB Restore Fixer after running Titanium? See this link for more information.

No, but thanks for that. After I flashed it back to stock I just started over and reinstalled my stuff by hand. I did not have much on it.

Slappy_G

Apr 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Thanks designgears! So what do I need to do to keep Knox at 0?

So, I'll be donating later tonight, but I wanted to make sure I followed best practices now that I'm rooted.

I've seen reports that some people end up accidentally tripping the Knox flags by performing certain actions after rooting with this method. Is there anything else I need to watch for beyond this list?

• Flashing a custom ROM will trip the flag
  • Flashing a custom Kernel will trip the flag
  • Flashing a custom Recovery will trip the flag
I'd like to start applying some mods and try doing some hacks on files in the /system hive, but don't want to risk tripping the flag for now. All help appreciated!

chadman

Dec 25, 2007
I successfully perform the root.

I thought this method was suppose to wipe my data and internal sdcard?

it did not wipe mine either and everything worked fine. I did not have any issue until I tried to freeze applications to remove bloatware. I think I have found most of the safe stuff to delete. Currently I just have them frozen to test.

chadman

Dec 25, 2007
Thanks for that info, which apps is everyone stopping?

I have about 70 apps I have frozen. I did have to unfreeze a few to get other apps to work. I guess this is more personal preference since what I might call bloatware others might consider a great app. I would start by looking at this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2464694

This gave me the initial list to work with. I ended up freezeing a few more and had to undo a some mentioned in here to get other items to work. For instance I wanted to use assistant or sherpa. Both failed until I unfroze google search. It's nice to get most of the junk off my phone that I would never use. Once I feel it's safe, I can just uninstall all those apps and recover the space.

troyd28

Jan 14, 2013
I rooted this method and I tripped the Knox. How? I'm not even sure followed all the directions. Owell the phone is still awesome Samsung is trying to be like apple now I see.

Sent Via Tmobile note 3

NYCguy2020

Oct 21, 2010
NYC
Yea too late now but totally worth it. Hopefully a method comes up to restore the warranty.

Sent Via Tmobile note 3

Fingers crossed. Haven't heard much about any effort/progress in that regard. Wish we will soon have something a la Triangle Away to restore back to complete stock in case of a warranty return.

troyd28

Jan 14, 2013
Yes I hope so I'm pretty sure our buddies here on xda are working hard on something Samsung is pretty clever tho I have to give them that.

Sent Via Tmobile note 3

LaloHigh

Oct 16, 2010
Corpus Christi, TX
Good attitude, it's just a matter of time before we catch up with samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is dev (billard412) on the sprint n2 that complete returned the n2 back to stock. Reset counter and all. I know this is a different beast but hopefully it's on the works.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

bladehawk

Apr 15, 2013
Ok. Here we go. I've been on android for a long time and never heard of KNOX. What the hell is this and do we need it?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk now Free

EDIT: I forgot--Google is my friend. Nvm

KNOX is a secure sandbox for work apps to run, basically its to get companies to let employees BYOD to work.

Unfortunately Samsung is using it as a BS excuse to void the warranty since it can track if a custom ROM (or prior to this root access) was installed. Not many companies use it (yet) or require it as it's Samsung only.

troyd28

Jan 14, 2013
KNOX is a secure sandbox for work apps to run, basically its to get companies to let employees BYOD to work.

Unfortunately Samsung is using it as a BS excuse to void the warranty since it can track if a custom ROM (or prior to this root access) was installed. Not many companies use it (yet) or require it as it's Samsung only.

The concept to my understanding is stupid now I was reading up also region locked devices might get a break because everyone doesn't like that which I think is stupid you are paying all this money for this device let the people do what they want just not to go crazy can a rom effect a headphone jack or charger port from not working completely I never heard of that but it's the waiting game I guess. I did want to void my warranty the root la Vega I tried it but it tripped my Knox anyway but not worried about it yes its a expensive phone but hey now it's cat and mouse.

Sent Via Tmobile note 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question & Answer

"Root de la Vega" What kind of name is that?
    It's named after Ralph de la Vega, CEO of AT&T Mobility.

Can I flash custom recovery/kernel/rom without tripping KNOX flags?
    No, Flashing a custom ROM will trip the flag
    No, Flashing a custom Kernel will trip the flag
    No, Flashing a custom Recovery will trip the flag

Will this set a tripped KNOX flag 0x1 back to 0x0?
    No.

Can you help me with the drivers?
    No, but you can head over here for help with drivers.

How do I get into download mode?
    Method 1: adb reboot download
    Method 2: Pull the battery out, unplug the usb cable, reinsert the battery. Hold Volume Down + Home + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Will rooting or downgrading or flashing stock trip the Knox flags?
    No, KNOX flags will not be tripped!

Will root survive a factory reset?
    Yes, it does.

Will root survive an OTA update?
    The Sprint Note 3 has survived an OTA update, you only need to perform the sdcard steps again to get root. However, you should NOT take OTA updates, it is possible for them to patch the root method with an OTA update.

Do I need have to fully wipe my phone when rooting?
    Yes. If you don't you will get lots of nasty force closes. I have yet to find a way around it.

Does Xposed Framework work?
    Yes, it has been updated to work fully with the Note 3.

Will rooting report system as custom and display an unlocked lock on the initial boot screen?
    Yes. It can be removed by installing Xposed Framework with Wanam Xposed and enabling Security hacks > Fake system status.

Titanium Backup is giving me problems, how can I fix it?
    Check out this thread. If you are still having issues, please take your concerns to the dev, they are not related to rooting.

How do I open a 7z file?
    With 7zip or IZArc!

Can I do this on OS X/Linux?
    No, not until heimdall is updated to support the Note 3.

Can I unroot?
    Yes, use SuperSU full unroot option or flash stock.

I am getting a "Prevention Information" popup after running a root app, how do I disable it?
    From terminal emulator or adb shell as root, run; pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid
    Or freeze the Knox apps with Titanium Backup.

I am getting Force Closes after flashing, how can I fix it?
    Make sure you are flashing the CSC file! If you are, try flashing AP and CSC separately.
    Hey guys, just use Kingo Root or VRoot (Google them), much easier.
    Good stuff. did this yesterday and it worked like a charm.

Thank you so much!
    Heres a shot of my TMobile Odin mode screen. System status is custom and knox 0x0. My ATT version says the same using the same method with the ATT files..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app