Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2013, 04:58 PM |#41  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,519

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski

Apparently I didn't wait long enough! I manually flashed the update and all is normal but it does boot up faster than before.

It happens, just always turn on your TV to make sure your device is not updating before unplugging it from power.

21st December 2013, 05:04 PM |#42  
Flag Boca Raton
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Awesome job!
Thanks for the early christmas present!

Keep up the good work!
r...
21st December 2013, 05:28 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Hey guys - great work!

A few suggestions...

Some sort of reference to the thread ROM version number (e.g, 1.1), along with the Build version number (eg 14975.002) on the chromecast web panel would be cool.

Do you have any plans to make the home screen more interesting? Eg, maybe the ability to set a custom home screen (rather than those photos), or some sort of portal type page where maybe we could see things like the weather, calendar invites, stock prices - like Google Now, but for Chromecast! (obviously I realise this would be done via baby steps at first!

I just rebooted 14975.001 - and it rebooted back in to the home screen and didn't seem to pick up an update to 14975.002...?

Thanks for all your work!

James
21st December 2013, 05:49 PM |#45  
Flag Minnesota

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesking420

Hey guys - great work!

A few suggestions...

Some sort of reference to the thread ROM version number (e.g, 1.1), along with the Build version number (eg 14975.002) on the chromecast web panel would be cool.

Do you have any plans to make the home screen more interesting? Eg, maybe the ability to set a custom home screen (rather than those photos), or some sort of portal type page where maybe we could see things like the weather, calendar invites, stock prices - like Google Now, but for Chromecast! (obviously I realise this would be done via baby steps at first!

I just rebooted 14975.001 - and it rebooted back in to the home screen and didn't seem to pick up an update to 14975.002...?

Thanks for all your work!

James

For the version thing, in the future on the home page under status we will have the panel check and tell the user if its the lastest build or not.

As for plans, yes we have more stuff in the works no worries and the custom wallpapers is definitely on the list of things to work on.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddggttff3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ddggttff3 Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 05:57 PM |#46  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddggttff3

It happens, just always turn on your TV to make sure your device is not updating before unplugging it from power.

My CC is powered by the TV so it doesn't matter but this time I removed it and used the wall wart to get the update but this does bring up a question. Do we always have to select the CC as our input to see if it's updating before turning the TV OFF? I assume it will show that it's in the middle of a update?? Powering OFF during an update isn't good as I just have found out!
21st December 2013, 06:02 PM |#47  
Flag Minnesota

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski

My CC is powered by the TV so it doesn't matter but this time I removed it and used the wall wart to get the update but this does bring up a question. Do we always have to select the CC as our input to see if it's updating before turning the TV OFF? I assume it will show that it's in the middle of a update?? Powering OFF during an update isn't good as I just have found out!

You don't always have to, but its good to check during a OTA rollout. Also, this is probably one of the reasons why the official user manual for the device says to use the external power brick instead of the TV for power. That way you cant interrupt the update process.
21st December 2013, 06:20 PM |#48  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:

You don't always have to, but its good to check during a OTA rollout. Also, this is probably one of the reasons why the official user manual for the device says to use the external power brick instead of the TV for power. That way you cant interrupt the update process.

Or just disable OTA from the panel? What's the "Apply Updates" for? Does "Disable OTA" download but not apply?
21st December 2013, 06:22 PM |#49  
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:

Can I make a future request for OTA updates? Could we make it so that it could be a manual process? Mine is powered on and plugged in 24/7 but I would like to be in control for when the update applies. I would hate to be fiddling with my system and accidently power it down while it was doing a update. Just something to consider .
The Following User Says Thank You to Anakha56 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anakha56 Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 06:22 PM |#50  
Flag Minnesota

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakha56

Can I make a future request for OTA updates? Could we make it so that it could be a manual process? Mine is powered on and plugged in 24/7 but I would like to be in control for when the update applies. I would hate to be fiddling with my system and accidently power it down while it was doing a update. Just something to consider .

Thats why you can disable OTA updates. Just disable them and watch this thread, so if theres ever a update you just do it by using a flashcast jumpdrive.
21st December 2013, 06:44 PM |#51  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 276

More
How do you check the temperature of chromecast?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)