[Build] ThaiDai Android Loader and Setup v2.3 [DISCONTINUED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
ThaiDai Android Loader for Windows Mobile

Hi,

I started to make an program for choosing the OS you want to run. Select Windows or Android and boot. Change default value in seconds for starting the default OS automatically.
And more important you can select what administration tasks you want to start.
I added a first snapshot of the program window.
Have some more ideas like choosing from more than one backup you made before.

ThaiDai%252520Android%252520Loader.jpg

ThaiDai Android Loader for Blackstone

Hallo, I just succeeded in starting my Android Loader and booting into Android.
I can select options for the different tasks already, have Android as default booting after 10 seconds.

In the photo you can see that the countdown stopped as soon as I changed an option (here "Fix System")

ToDos:
  • Add warning/confirmation dialog when changing options, right now it boots and runs the selected tasks
  • Save countdown time and default OS in file, now default OS is Android and timer is 10 secs
  • Change resolution so other devices may be used (not sure about this)
  • Order of tasks if more than 1 is selected (order is fixed now and I am not sure if I change this, but have to explain what happens)
  • Test, test, test

ThaiDai%252520Android%252520Loader.jpg

trial2008

Jun 18, 2008
Hello ThaiDai,
first of all I want to thank you for your latest work.
I started using the phone and I noticed the following issue:
Often restarts for no reason at a multitasking operations (such as installing more than one app at the same time - "JIT problem?" really no problem in the previous version).
Regarding to the audio stuttering problem, I have tried the command "kill -9 29" and apparently I have an improvement but the volume of media is a little bit too high and you can hear background noise when playing mp3.

I have installed in your previous version (0.99) "Laucher Pro", as system shell, and this appears faster than "Go laucher" and the phone works without delays.
I think that Go Laucher has very good interface and many features but it can be too heavy for the hardware of Blackstone.
To preserve battery life I'm testing "CPU tuner" apps with good results.

In general, the only things that needs to be fixed to have a perfect version are the sound problem and the unforseen reboot.

I'm sorry for my English,
Thank you very much for your work that provides "new life" for my Blackstone.

Hello Mark.

RideTheTube

Apr 17, 2008
Rock City
www.xda-zone.de
Hey guys, i hope u can help me out.

I try to run this version, but it will not work for me with any sd card.
Today i bought a class 4 - 4gb sandisk. But the problem is still the Waitin for SD script.

So do u guys think it could be a problem on the radio or Custom rom.

ROM is energy - GTX version - Energy.BLACKSTONE.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.GTX.Jul.04

Radio is 1.12.25.16.

All of the card are formatted with SD Formatter Fat32.

Hope u can give me a hint! thx

chuab67

Feb 19, 2010
Hallo ThiaDai,

by installation 1.08 there are graphical errors and distortions.

I try it 3 times with clean install.

Bootsystem Energie-Rom

mrobo

Nov 4, 2007
Bratislava
where is the link ?
I have downloaded and installed the build now and
by me I have graphical errors and distortions by installations and even after instaled too :mad:

Last edited:

lamidosol

Apr 25, 2008
I solve the graphical problem by using the startup.txt from1.07, and the audio stuttering by using module said in post 2.
lamidosol

mrobo

Nov 4, 2007
Bratislava
Can you post the startup.txt file from version 1.07 here ?
Please !
I dont know where can download old version and don't want dl it whole again.
Thx!

morpheo1321

Jan 30, 2008
here you go
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2030
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "rel_path=thaidaiboot physkeyboard=blac lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off msm_blackstone_pad.vibrate=1 board-blackstone.is_gsm=0 force_cdma=0 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=620000 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3 msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave"
boot

I Brick Phones

Sep 14, 2008
KC
does the "install system" option also do the "make clean" part or do they both need to be checked? is there any faq or docs for your loader?

edit: yes, it does format the partitions as well. nice app!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ThaiDai Android Loader is a program for Windows Mobile 6.1.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    A few words why I stopped development:

I had to stop this project for personal reasons (reason called baby).
    And this was easy because nearly nobody (or only a few < 10) used my loader.

But more important for me now: I do not see any improvements on bugs or missing features for Blackstone with Android, there is no real kernel developer community anymore. Sound problems, BT, battery and performance aren't funny if you want to use the device. For playing with Android it was ok and I learned a lot. But not for every day use. So I switched back to WinMo 6.1.

And yesterday I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note. Android rules!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

(6.5 builds will not work because there is an error in writing files with Windows Mobile 6.5 which will appear when linux makes a fsck. So no support for 6.5
    You can use builds like Damn Small Topix (Rapidshare works) or other 6.1 builds)

If you run into problems and want help, please provide me with the generated log files in folder "thaidaiboot/Logs".
    No Logs = No help!

With the loader you can start Android or you can install Android without doing the usual things: no copy, no edit, no changes etc.

The setup (a normal cab-file) prepares the necessary files on your sd card automatically.

With the program you select what you want to do (install, backup, restore, change device, choose Android Build, edit startup.txt and build.prop) and press "Boot". That's it.

Program is installed in autostart folder and will automatically boot into last chosen OS after a number of seconds (default 100 s, you can change of course). Stopping countdown is easy: klick somewhere or change a value).

FRX07.1 build is included as default. More builds to come from tomorrow.

Loader%2525202.3.png

-------------------- v2.3, 2011/09/18 --------------------

Changelog: including 2.0/2.1/2.2 changes, starting with 2.3 ;-)

• ---- 2.3 ----
    • Editor for build.prop for each build
    • Explanations for entries in build.prop (just started to gather them)
    • additional logging information in window mobile stage of installation
    • selected builds stay in original folder (so no system.tgz in folder thaidaiboot) and are used in rootfs.img for installing /system
      ---- 2.2 ----
    • Timer option for booting into Android automatically after n seconds is working correctly now.
    • I added the option to select Apps for installation - but I do not change the apps delivered with the specific build. So this part ist only for your own flavour of apps you want to add.
    • Next big change: Editor for startup.txt. You can easily change the commandline parameters (like display density or OC or ...). The set parameters cannot be changed until now (I didn't see the necessarity).
    • Resolution changed to 480x800 and using it. So from now concentrating on Blackstone. Other 480x800 devices may work but still no guarantee.
    • Resolved some stupid error with choosing Kernels (I just found this one today, nobody else did before)
      ---- 2.0/2.1 ----
    • Changed format for builds to tgz. Now it is easier for me to prepare cwm based builds
    • New rootfs.img for installation and updates with tgz files
    • Added download links for build thunderbolt
    • In every build I checked I have to make changes to build.prop: double entries, wrong entries, obsolete entries, stupid entries, optimized entries. That's why I started adding a build.prop-editor to my program.
    • As default I still use NeoFroyo. (without GAPPS).
    • Added GAPPS as Update-Package (selected on first start, please install)
    • New setup package and installation file for windows mobile
    • For all typical devices like Blackstone, Diamond, Raphael, Rhodium, Topaz
    • New user interface in windows program
    • autostart into Android after n seconds (changeable)
    • new UI (Hubs)
    • switched from comboboxes to lists for selection (better information on first look)
    • new ts-calibration for Topaz (thanks to Aggy in Neopeeks forum)
    • changing Hubs color possible (just for fun)
    • removed Apps from system.ext2 to folder APPS, so the different Builds will be much smaller and I have to install and upload Apps only one time
    • with apps in folder Apps the selection of Apps in loader program will soon be possible

Downloads:
    One big cab file (about 95 MB) including everything.
    Setup for ThaiDai Android Loader v2.3 with FRX07.1

Bugfix for Exe, please copy to your program files folder with thaidailoader, will give a complete new cab file next days.

Some more builds:
    Setup for Build Froyo Blue

Prepare SD card:
    You need 4 primary partitions on sd card (I use MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition)
    All sizes here are only examples. Start with them, feel free to change.
    • All partitions have to be "primary" (ignore warning in Windows)
    • Partition 1: FAT32 (at least put folder "thaidaiboot" from zip here)
    • Partition 2: EXT2, about 150 MB (used for Android system partition)
    • Partition 3: EXT2, about 250 MB (or more for Android data partition)
    • Partition 4: EXT2, about 100 MB (for Android cache partition)
    • Size of partition 1: [Size of sd card] - [Size of 3 EXT2]

Installation:

Delete folder thaidaiboot on sd card and deinstall Loader program before using this setup (copy cab to sd card and start it).

- copy first big cab to sd card
    - execute cab and start setup
    - install on sd card (not on internal memory!)
    - start "ThaiDai Android Loader" from start menu
    - select your options and boot into Android

Adding new builds:

- copy cab for build to sd card
    - execute cab and start setup
    - install on sd card (not on internal memory!)
    - start "ThaiDai Android Loader" from start menu (build will be copied - takes some time)
    - select different build and install (Please start program one time before adding builds!)

Warning:
    - Do not edit or change files in folder "thaidaiboot" on your own. Use the program.
    - I hope it will install now in all language versions of Windows Mobile. I tested it only with an english installation. And maybe some foreign fonts (like Thai ;-)
    aren't recognized by haret.exe or linux.

-------------------- ThaiDai Android Loader options: --------------------

Administrative Tasks

• backupSystem
    • backupData
    • make Clean
    • installSystem
    • fixSystem
    • fixData
    • restoreSystem
    • restoreData
    When started in Windows Mobile no Task is selected!
    After "haret.exe" is started my installation script will go through the selected tasks

Device Selection

• Select "startup.txt" and "ts-calibration" from folder "Startups" for possible devices in FRX07 like Blackstone, DIAM, RHOD, RAPH, Topaz

Build Selection

• Select the build you want to install
      • NeoFroyo (default)
      • XDAndroid FRX07 (the original)
      • THUNDERBOLT
      • ... (tell me what you want to see here)

Kernel Selection

• Select the kernel you want to use
      • 1346 (default)

Typical Tasks:

• For a new and clean installation (data is deleted) choose: "backupSystem", "backupData", "makeClean", "installSystem"
    • For an update of your system (no data changed) choose: "installSystem"
    • You can always choose to start with backups first and choose: "backupSystem", backupData"
    • Tasks with "fix..." are only necessary for updates I will post here
    • Select Device [Blackstone]
      • When you select another device, the program checks if there is a "startup.txt" in the folder of this device. If not found, nothing is changed. When a "startup.txt" is found it is copied to the folder "thaidaiboot" and you can start your device.
      • If a "ts-calibration" is found, it is copied. Please be careful: I do not know if all ts-calibration files are ok.

-------------------- OK-not OK: --------------------
    Tested only on Blackstone

OK

• Wifi works right from the first start
    • Market ok
    • Phone ok
    • Camera and Video
    • Root access ok
    • 3.5 jack ok
    • 3G (UMTS HSDPA in Germany) ok

Not OK

• Audio stuttering
    • Youtube not really good (HD problems, normal ok)
    • Bluetooth starting, but no pairing
    Version 2.2 coming today

Hi,

after a few lazy days not working with the program I finished the windows part of version 2.2 today.

Loader%2525202.2.png

I added the option to select Apps for installation - but I do not change the apps delivered with the specific build. So this part ist only for your own flavour of apps you want to add.

Next big change: Editor for startup.txt. You can easily change the commandline parameters (like display density or OC or ...). The set parameters cannot be changed until now (I didn't see the necessarity).

And: Resolution changed to 480x800 and using it. So from now concentrating on Blackstone. Other 480x800 devices may work but still no guarantee.

I have to change the rootfs.img now to "respond" to the changes in the Android Loader, especially Apps selection. This I have to do on my notebook with Ubuntu installed and configured - but right now my wife took possession of it.
    Have to wait a while.

After I want to make the initial build with FRX 7.1 and provide links in first post.
    Thanks for your answer.

WLAN: I do not have problems until now (for me a go/nogo in every build)
    Bluetooth: no actual build (as far as I know) has working BT (I do not care)
    Go Launcher: nice but really too slow, I do not use it anymore

Installation: In the new version you can choose between different Builds (right now FRX07 and NeoFROYO) and Kernels (1342 and 1346). Added these options yesterday but want to test it a little bit more. Upload and links tomorrow or saturday.
    install procedure

I’m new to Android on WinMo

Created 3 EXT2 200mb partitions and remaining Fat 32 on Mic SDHC.

Copied folder “thaidaiboot” to root of the SD and then launched “Android Loader”.

After 30min or so phone was keep repeating attached messages over and over again (I think its loop every min or so)

first Back up all ur data from fat32 partition.

get sdformatter from https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

format ur card completly. use option - format type -> FULL OVERWRITE , format size adjustment -> ON.
    be WARNED. this will delete all the data from card and all partitions also.

now use mini tool partition from http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html and first make the fat32 partition. keep size accordingly.. but keep 300 mb for system and min 300 mb for data and 100 mb for cache. refer to naming and partition type as below. remember to click "apply" to apply changes u made.

i used nokia 8gb sdhc class 6 memory card(use whatever u have and change data and fat32 size accordingly)

1. primary fat32 = remaining
    2. primary ext2 = 300 mb = System
    3. primary ext2 = 1024 mb = Data
    4. primary ext2 = 100 mb = Cache

copy fresh (unrar from download) thaidaiboot folder on the fat32 partition. also whatever apps u want to install later on, make a folder in fat32 partition and put the .apk files there so that u can install them once ur device boots n settles in android.
    safely remove the card or mobile from computer.

now start ur wm device. once it full starts, run thaidai android loader

in that loader, select, install system and make clean. leave all other boxes blank.

then select "boot selected OS"

hope ur device is properly charged before u do so.

this time around am sure ur device will start in android. just leave it for sometime before it finally boots. remember, at android animation also, it will take time. dont think that it is stuck.

once ur android starts, u wont have english language. just press home key on hd and settings, and u will see an icon with A or something.. just go there n change language to english. dont be surprised if everything doesnt change to english. in second boot, everything will be english.

from second boot onwards, use haret. it somehow has failed every time i have used the thaidai loader. hope that problem goes once thaidai updates the app.

hope this helps.

@thaidai, u can use this for sort of instructions. modify as u please.
    OK OK you're right.
    Since version 2.1, you must do a lot of manipulation, a program not work.
    I do not know if it comes from a change in the desktop or if it was because of language (before in french).
    If you need log etc. , tell me where he is.
    PS : if I want to use version 2.0, I take my responsibility for the bugs :rolleyes:
    TED
    Read changelog and you will see what I changed - that's not "manipulation"
    I use Neopeeks original NeoFroyo and this build gives you only english. There are other builds like Thunderbolt and Tiadroid (see first post) or the original FRX07 for more languages.
    The logs are in folder Logs :D
    But the problem you have is inside a working build but not with the installation. It won't help.
    You see the old problem with giving something to a community: you are made responsible for every problem or error that occurs - more easy to blame than to analyze ;)
    And so still: no older version, please accept it. I'm concentrating on new but not old versions