[DEV][RC5] Team Nyx [Android 4.0.4] (ICSSGS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cumanzor

Apr 19, 2008
It is the same, I am just packaging it up to simplify it for the noobs. I just uploaded a .zip, then I realized that I had screwed up with it, so I'm re-uploading now. :p

EDIT: As for it being slower, Alpha 7 has some wicked partitioning changes that should speed it up. Of course we are always trying to make it better, but HW Accel. is built into Alpha 7.

I guess the 404 means it's still uploading right?

I was wondering this too because I used the Captivate Kernel and ICS_4.0.1_r1-alpha7.zip release but I'm getting a bootloop. I'll try again though, or just start over.

everest.deth

Dec 22, 2010
Managua
It is the same, I am just packaging it up to simplify it for the noobs. I just uploaded a .zip, then I realized that I had screwed up with it, so I'm re-uploading now. :p

EDIT: As for it being slower, Alpha 7 has some wicked partitioning changes that should speed it up. Of course we are always trying to make it better, but HW Accel. is built into Alpha 7.

Thanks for clarifying. I just wanted to confirm it was the same, so I wouldn't have to flash all over again, it takes a while to get everything set up :p

Also, after the first reboot I feel like most of the sluggishness i had before is gone. It's either because i rebooted, or because i overclocked lol :cool:

b-eock

Dec 30, 2010
Dallas, Texas
You got FFC working? I remember someone using video chat by using the back camera.

Sent from my I897 using xda premium

b-eock

Dec 30, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Look I'm not here to argue, I'm here to do whatever I can to help push this ROM to its limits.... I will do anything that is asked, I could be a tester, since my phone is unbrickable it would not be a problem, that is of the Devs don't mind me trying to help(just wanna be a part of this)

b-eock

Dec 30, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I have another question, why was a Gingerbread(JVT) build.prop used? Also when you upload the Captivate version would you mind editing it to make it say SGH-I897/captivate in all the right places?

Tarima

Mar 26, 2011
Montreal
Two questions.

There were reports yesterday about alpha 7 possibly messing with the imei. Any info on that?

Also, are the new speed increases in alpha 7 simply the same 2d hw acceleration lib files that have been available for a few days? I had tried those with alpha 6, and while some things were faster (app drawer), i found things to be generally slower (home screen, slight lag after button presses).

Thanks for the ROM devs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for all your work guys. Just wondering if there's any issues with imei or losing superuser like the i9000 thread?

Last edited:

ksimilie

Oct 27, 2010
The OP installation instructions say "if you are flashing for the first time" but it doesnt say anything about what you need to flash it for the first time. What if im on stock 2.2 or 2.3.3 or some custom rom? What do I do then? It's not clear and i feel like many people don't know where to start off from, myself included.

mikel.canovas

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago
The OP installation instructions say "if you are flashing for the first time" but it doesnt say anything about what you need to flash it for the first time. What if im on stock 2.2 or 2.3.3 or some custom rom? What do I do then? It's not clear and i feel like many people don't know where to start off from, myself included.

Should be able to flash over just about anything.

pqee

Sep 13, 2010
Ottawa
Two questions.

There were reports yesterday about alpha 7 possibly messing with the imei. Any info on that?

I just flashed from Mosaic 8 with i9000 bootloaders and only had a minor problem. Did the double flash and got it to boot, but couldn't save any APNs, my IMEI number was all screwy and my basband was empty. Everything pointed to my Simlock being on, which it was but I can't disable it (thanks Rogers).

I found THIS post by maverick340.

My basband was unknown so I flashed a jvt modem and things started working.
A list of APNs came up on their own, my imei number was fixed, and my baseband was showing the modem I just flashed.

Set the 99enable3G script up and 3g is now working along with just about everything else.

Reactions: Tarima
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Team Nyx

-- DemonWav -- Nushor -- Onecosmic -- PaulForde -- RaymondDull -- Trae32566 --

This ROM is based directly on the source code straight from Google themselves, the way Android is meant to be. This ROM is produced by a collaboration of many different people, with the main development being done by Onecosmic himself. We strive to bring releases as often as possible and provide a stable AOSP ROM.

We are in the midst of many changes and will try to have our source code back up as soon as possible.

We do not support anything that is not produced by us!

Team ICSSGS is now Team Nyx!

We have made lots of changes, and part of that includes moving our base from XDA to our own website. All information, as well as downloads will be on our website, but please continue your discussions and we will continue our support here on the forums. Please check out our site at http://team-nyx.com/
    loleverything works pretty much not a huge need for this here
    Ok guys here is what IS going to happen. People WILL search before posting, people WILL NOT flame others for not searching but WILL use the report button or hell send me a PM. Now these things will happen or I WILL go on a "Iron Fist" Banning spree and and send people on a vacation.

I really hope I made things clear.
    Sorry Diablo III came out, so the release date is pushed back indefinitely...I mean, what can I say? LOL Just kidding of course...kind of. ;) We are working on maybe a Friday release of RC5.
    RC5 is finally getting near it seems. But I do have AP tests to take until next Wednesday so it definitely won't be till at least a few days after that. If there is anyone that is from the US who remembers/knows about the AP tests then you know how hard they are...takes up all of your time until they are done. :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA