[ROM] {NAND} AOSP-GBX | < Kernel: 2.6.27 > | 2013.01.20

Search This thread

fagyi

Jan 22, 2012
BUDAPEST
Hello everyone!

Perhaps you know me, I'm trying to revive the NANDROID on our beloved HTC Thouch HD, aka Blackstone.

I want to thank to XDAndroid developers team & detule, they create & make it possible/available with pathes on gitorious or others site for the SD kernel source and a GBX tree!
Thank to Arganis31 for the great work on Blackstone LK!!! { LK source, soon on the git from Arganis31 }
Of course deepest of respect to [ACL] for everythings!

And everyone who i forget!!!

Please note :

- I don’t take any responsibility for any damage to your device! So use at your own risk!!!
- My kernel source is here: https://gitorious.org/linux-msm-blac-nand/linux-msm-blac-nand
- Change Log – 2 post ; Install – 3 post
- This is not an official GBX release, rather something I compiled from the current GBX tree.
- This is work in progress, so there may be minor or major problems
- Please attach your getlogs if you have some problem, thank you

Main problem is:

- Shutdown / reboot { just hang on } not working need reset or battery pull out.
- 3D not really good so if i enabled HW3D than i get a blank screen :/ { gralloc or kernel pmem issue??? }
- Any others are working, like SD version or just better.

I am a only who are working on the Blac Nand Kernel & setup the ROM right, Im updating g3rm0 git source with some good stuff, I can say that now i got it a lot of better funkcionality on nand. Nearly everythings updated on source. For example new acoustic code working on nand and audio fully working, with BT audio too!!!

Any help are welcome and thanked If you think that's right.
Downloads: http://code.google.com/p/nandroid-for-htc-blackstone/downloads/list

Necessary files and older downloads : http://www.mediafire.com/?85m45naii6dpk

Big Thank to all my donators: ( included SD/NAND too )

- uberto.costanzo
- wanpaopao
- Drifft Art
- Osiris
- Roland
- Philippe
- Etoxus
- Nick Brown
- Disaster
- William Botteldoorn
- FazZ
- adamph

if i forget anyone from the list, please send a pm me! Thanks

Good luck!

Best regards,
fagyi

Last edited:

fagyi

Jan 22, 2012
BUDAPEST
Change Log

2013-01-20 Change log

- Synced with the latest source 2013.01.13.
- ICS wallpaper
- JellyBean animations
- JellyBean Clock widget backported
- Videocamera support
- Speed improved
- Battery life improved!
- Tweaked framework-res with some ics stuff ( res tweaks )
- Tweaked system apps with some ics sfuff ( smali & res tweaks )
- Statusbar its transparent. ( smali tweak )
- MBB - MegaBassBeats support - Thank you DeHuMaNiZeD all credit goes to him!
- Haptic feedback disabled by default.
- Enabled non-market app install by default.
- Youtube LQ mode working
- PlayStore fixes | /cache/download linked to /mnt/sdcard/cache-download
- Latest PlayStore and Gmail merged

2012-11-30 Change log from the release

- Synced with the latest source 2012.11.29
- Custom wallpaper
- Custom bootanimation - Thank you Sandmann, all credit goes to him for this.
- Light gapps it was preinstalled, note your market its PlayStore and not updating automatically ( marketupdater removed ) | showed up in the menu when you enable the internet connection & synced with google.
- Some tweak
- Zipaligned
- Native App 2 SD support - Now you really can moving app to the sdcard
- Wifi support - need trick with Sdcard!
- Best speed on NAND

-Wifi FIX with SDCARD inserted-

Confirmed, not only for me worked!

badzed said: ↑
I found a way how to enable wifi with scdard inserted.

1. Remove SD card.
2. Reset your phone.
3. When phone begin boot insert SD card.
-IMPORTANT. Insert SD card BEFORE begin android boot.
-Try insert when you see blue fastboot screen.
4. Turn on WiFi.

Thank you badzed, nice found!!!

Kernel

- Native App 2 SD support
- Wifi support
- Battery update
- Netflix support - ( need for Droidwall, iptable )

2012-10-02

- Synced with the latest google source 2012.09.25.
- Stock Theme
- Gsensor working now
- Battery usage : 9 hr 17 min -> 18 % lost -> sleep mode
- Incoming ringtone working on default. Cyantone ported from ICS and setting up to the default ringtone. I just love this ringtone.
- Audio rebuild to the latest htc-acoustic_wince
- Audio fully working on nand, you need forget the trick / Fixed on kernel with new audio routing!
- Build.prop setup
- Boot.img configurations updated ( big )
- Better overall speed.
- Hardware key vibrating
- Htc One X bootanimation
- Launcher changed to the latest free launcherPro version
- Stripped Gapps
- Zipaligned
- Camera support ( Just photo, no video so far )
- Bluetooth support ( fully working )
- Native a2sd support. - Removed from the Build because with this camera not work.
- Darktremor Apps2SD support ( need ext2 partition on your sdcard )

Kernel

- h2w support ( new headset )
- New acoustic_wince code base and neccessary modification for blackstone - Fully working
- Shutter in music? not anymore
- Added camera support and neccessary drivers - Fully working
- Battery changes for the better life
- Config updated
- BT updates - Fully working
- Clock-wince changes
- Improved shutdown and reboot funkcion. - seems to be need fixes

2012-09-28 – Testing release { got some fixes from the before list but not at all }

Last edited:

fagyi

Jan 22, 2012
BUDAPEST
Install

You need charging your battery minimum to 70% in Windows Mobile before starting everythings !!!
do not play with less value if you dont know what do you do!!!

* All files ready which you need on downloads place.

Installation guide from Windows Mobile to the Android:
Thanks to FazZ & Nick Brown! Great work!

1. Flash the latest HardSPL from OliNex
2. Extract the 'adb files & fastboot.exe' files to a folder and grab the latest recovery-XY.img from Necessary files and older downloads. Place it in the same older and rename it to recovery.img
3. Format the microSD card fully as FAT32
4. Copy the 'BlacIMG.NBH' file and your selected ROM (zip) you wish to use to the root of the microSD
5. Boot in TriColour mode (Power button and Volume down button)
6. Whilst in the TriColour mode, connect the Blackstone to a USB port ('Serial' should now say 'USB')
7. Run 'BlackstoneRUUAdvanced' and select the 'Task 29' which is full wipe of the Blackstone
8. Once completed, insert the microSD card and reboot into the TriColour mode again
9. The Blackstone will auto-flash-install (after key confirmation) the 'BlacIMG.NBH' on the microSD card
10. The 'BlacIMG.NBH' must NOT be flashed via Windows using the RUU tool (it will only fail)
11. Once flashed with the 'BlacIMG.NBH' it will reboot to a new Fastboot screen (blue background)
Note: the phone won't automatically reboot, you have to reboot it manually
12. After a short time the Blackstone in Fastboot mode with enter a USB connect ready state
13. Now connect the Blackstone to your Windows OS and open a CLi/Command prompt
14. Within CLi go to the directory where you place the 'adb files & fastboot.exe' files (from step 2)
15. Type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (this will flash install the custom CWR)
Note: The "recovery.img" file has to be in the same directory as fastboot.exe. It is in the "Necessary Files" download folder of the 1st post.
16. Then type: fastboot boot recovery.img (this will reboot your Blackstone into CWR)
17. In CWR use the Volume keys to move up and down, and the Power button to select
18. First thing to do in the recovery screen is press Volume-Up, Volume-Down, Volume-Up, then you will see a message at the bottom of the screen that says
'Back menu button enabled' , after power button using for the selecting in the menu!
19. You are now finally ready to install your chosen ROM that is on your microSD
20. Once installed, let it reboot into Android OS which takes about 5 minutes on the first run
21. Once the Blackstone has settled within the OS (you can see the typical Android home screen), reboot
22. This time round, it should only take about a minute to start and you can now start using you NAND ROM

Installation guide from before versions or another Android to the New Android:

1. You need make one reboot and pressing power key on fastboot screen - this will booting your Blackstone into CWR)
2. In CWR use the Volume keys to move up and down, and the Power button to select
3. First thing to do in the recovery screen is press Volume-Up, Volume-Down, Volume-Up, then you will see a message at the bottom of the screen that says
'Back menu button enabled' , after power button using for the selecting in the menu!
4. You are now go to mounts & storage option and format boot and system partitions
5. Back to the Main options in CWR and make one wipe data/factory reset!
6. You are now finally ready to install your chosen ROM that is on your microSD
7. Once installed, let it reboot into Android OS which takes about 5 minutes on the first run
8. Once the Blackstone has settled within the OS (you can see the typical Android home screen), reboot
9. This time round, it should only take about a minute to start and you can now start using you NAND ROM

Last edited:

dastimlein

Oct 30, 2008
Hey, i dont want to be ungrateful, youre doing a great job, but the most important fact is to get wifi working, without wifi there is nearly no sense for android...

thanks for your work

elfenoir

Dec 24, 2009
Hi, the installation is to complecated for me (for the moment) (also beacause I'm a french speaker). So as soon as it will be easier for me to understand, i'll try it.

Thank you for bringing balckstone back to live. Keep going.

yosafathimura

Feb 24, 2009
Jakarta
www.facebook.com
Thx Fagyi

work great than the others roms.
^^
test it since yesterday..
everything is ok, but my ram is very low.
maybe the next rom from Fagyi be better again.
i'm waiting for it.
sorry for my english...

thx Fagyi :good:

mfsr98

Nov 26, 2011
Porto
If android is running, your boot.img is installed :) (boot.img is included in the flashable .zip
btw, you dont have blackstone on your sig... this is only for blackstones! ;)

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

oh, and boot.img is the kernel

Reactions: HTC0017

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
If android is running, your boot.img is installed :) (boot.img is included in the flashable .zip
btw, you dont have blackstone on your sig... this is only for blackstones! ;)

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

oh, and boot.img is the kernel

Thanks, that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.
My blackstone isn't in my sig because it is my "play" device.:D But if this ROM is stable and can be used as my regular phone, I may finally replace my Rhod210 running WM6.5 and make that one my play phone.

mfsr98

Nov 26, 2011
Porto
This ROM is stable, a lot faster than SD ROMs and as some functions that even work better than on SD! (like bluetooth) If you can survive w/o wifi, you're good to go! :D

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
This ROM is stable, a lot faster than SD ROMs and as some functions that even work better than on SD! (like bluetooth) If you can survive w/o wifi, you're good to go! :D

Wifi is good to have, but I can live without it if I must. BT, GPS, phone & battery life are crucial to me for navigation and music in my car so if those 2 work and 3G, I can give it a real try.

mfsr98

Nov 26, 2011
Porto
then yes, you are good to go :)
the only thing that can go wrong is battery life but try it out and see for yourself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

Perhaps you know me, I'm trying to revive the NANDROID on our beloved HTC Thouch HD, aka Blackstone.

I want to thank to XDAndroid developers team & detule, they create & make it possible/available with pathes on gitorious or others site for the SD kernel source and a GBX tree!
    Thank to Arganis31 for the great work on Blackstone LK!!! { LK source, soon on the git from Arganis31 }
    Of course deepest of respect to [ACL] for everythings!

And everyone who i forget!!!

Please note :

- I don’t take any responsibility for any damage to your device! So use at your own risk!!!
    - My kernel source is here: https://gitorious.org/linux-msm-blac-nand/linux-msm-blac-nand
    - Change Log – 2 post ; Install – 3 post
    - This is not an official GBX release, rather something I compiled from the current GBX tree.
    - This is work in progress, so there may be minor or major problems
    - Please attach your getlogs if you have some problem, thank you

Main problem is:

- Shutdown / reboot { just hang on } not working need reset or battery pull out.
    - 3D not really good so if i enabled HW3D than i get a blank screen :/ { gralloc or kernel pmem issue??? }
    - Any others are working, like SD version or just better.

I am a only who are working on the Blac Nand Kernel & setup the ROM right, Im updating g3rm0 git source with some good stuff, I can say that now i got it a lot of better funkcionality on nand. Nearly everythings updated on source. For example new acoustic code working on nand and audio fully working, with BT audio too!!!

Any help are welcome and thanked If you think that's right.
    Downloads: http://code.google.com/p/nandroid-for-htc-blackstone/downloads/list

Necessary files and older downloads : http://www.mediafire.com/?85m45naii6dpk

Big Thank to all my donators: ( included SD/NAND too )

- uberto.costanzo
    - wanpaopao
    - Drifft Art
    - Osiris
    - Roland
    - Philippe
    - Etoxus
    - Nick Brown
    - Disaster
    - William Botteldoorn
    - FazZ
    - adamph

if i forget anyone from the list, please send a pm me! Thanks

Good luck!

Best regards,
    fagyi

Install

You need charging your battery minimum to 70% in Windows Mobile before starting everythings !!!
    do not play with less value if you dont know what do you do!!!

* All files ready which you need on downloads place.

Installation guide from Windows Mobile to the Android:
    Thanks to FazZ & Nick Brown! Great work!

1. Flash the latest HardSPL from OliNex
    2. Extract the 'adb files & fastboot.exe' files to a folder and grab the latest recovery-XY.img from Necessary files and older downloads. Place it in the same older and rename it to recovery.img
    3. Format the microSD card fully as FAT32
    4. Copy the 'BlacIMG.NBH' file and your selected ROM (zip) you wish to use to the root of the microSD
    5. Boot in TriColour mode (Power button and Volume down button)
    6. Whilst in the TriColour mode, connect the Blackstone to a USB port ('Serial' should now say 'USB')
    7. Run 'BlackstoneRUUAdvanced' and select the 'Task 29' which is full wipe of the Blackstone
    8. Once completed, insert the microSD card and reboot into the TriColour mode again
    9. The Blackstone will auto-flash-install (after key confirmation) the 'BlacIMG.NBH' on the microSD card
    10. The 'BlacIMG.NBH' must NOT be flashed via Windows using the RUU tool (it will only fail)
    11. Once flashed with the 'BlacIMG.NBH' it will reboot to a new Fastboot screen (blue background)
    Note: the phone won't automatically reboot, you have to reboot it manually
    12. After a short time the Blackstone in Fastboot mode with enter a USB connect ready state
    13. Now connect the Blackstone to your Windows OS and open a CLi/Command prompt
    14. Within CLi go to the directory where you place the 'adb files & fastboot.exe' files (from step 2)
    15. Type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (this will flash install the custom CWR)
    Note: The "recovery.img" file has to be in the same directory as fastboot.exe. It is in the "Necessary Files" download folder of the 1st post.
    16. Then type: fastboot boot recovery.img (this will reboot your Blackstone into CWR)
    17. In CWR use the Volume keys to move up and down, and the Power button to select
    18. First thing to do in the recovery screen is press Volume-Up, Volume-Down, Volume-Up, then you will see a message at the bottom of the screen that says
    19. You are now finally ready to install your chosen ROM that is on your microSD
    20. Once installed, let it reboot into Android OS which takes about 5 minutes on the first run
    21. Once the Blackstone has settled within the OS (you can see the typical Android home screen), reboot
    22. This time round, it should only take about a minute to start and you can now start using you NAND ROM

Installation guide from before versions or another Android to the New Android:

1. You need make one reboot and pressing power key on fastboot screen - this will booting your Blackstone into CWR)
    2. In CWR use the Volume keys to move up and down, and the Power button to select
    3. First thing to do in the recovery screen is press Volume-Up, Volume-Down, Volume-Up, then you will see a message at the bottom of the screen that says
    4. You are now go to mounts & storage option and format boot and system partitions
    5. Back to the Main options in CWR and make one wipe data/factory reset!
    6. You are now finally ready to install your chosen ROM that is on your microSD
    7. Once installed, let it reboot into Android OS which takes about 5 minutes on the first run
    8. Once the Blackstone has settled within the OS (you can see the typical Android home screen), reboot
    9. This time round, it should only take about a minute to start and you can now start using you NAND ROM
    Change Log

2013-01-20 Change log

- Synced with the latest source 2013.01.13.
    - ICS wallpaper
    - JellyBean animations
    - JellyBean Clock widget backported
    - Videocamera support
    - Speed improved
    - Battery life improved!
    - Tweaked framework-res with some ics stuff ( res tweaks )
    - Tweaked system apps with some ics sfuff ( smali & res tweaks )
    - Statusbar its transparent. ( smali tweak )
    - MBB - MegaBassBeats support - Thank you DeHuMaNiZeD all credit goes to him!
    - Haptic feedback disabled by default.
    - Enabled non-market app install by default.
    - Youtube LQ mode working
    - PlayStore fixes | /cache/download linked to /mnt/sdcard/cache-download
    - Latest PlayStore and Gmail merged

2012-11-30 Change log from the release

- Synced with the latest source 2012.11.29
    - Custom wallpaper
    - Custom bootanimation - Thank you Sandmann, all credit goes to him for this.
    - Light gapps it was preinstalled, note your market its PlayStore and not updating automatically ( marketupdater removed ) | showed up in the menu when you enable the internet connection & synced with google.
    - Some tweak
    - Zipaligned
    - Native App 2 SD support - Now you really can moving app to the sdcard
    - Wifi support - need trick with Sdcard!
    - Best speed on NAND

-Wifi FIX with SDCARD inserted-

Confirmed, not only for me worked!

badzed said: ↑
    I found a way how to enable wifi with scdard inserted.

1. Remove SD card.
    2. Reset your phone.
    3. When phone begin boot insert SD card.
    -IMPORTANT. Insert SD card BEFORE begin android boot.
    -Try insert when you see blue fastboot screen.
    4. Turn on WiFi.

Thank you badzed, nice found!!!

Kernel

- Native App 2 SD support
    - Wifi support
    - Battery update
    - Netflix support - ( need for Droidwall, iptable )

2012-10-02

- Synced with the latest google source 2012.09.25.
    - Stock Theme
    - Gsensor working now
    - Battery usage : 9 hr 17 min -> 18 % lost -> sleep mode
    - Incoming ringtone working on default. Cyantone ported from ICS and setting up to the default ringtone. I just love this ringtone.
    - Audio rebuild to the latest htc-acoustic_wince
    - Audio fully working on nand, you need forget the trick / Fixed on kernel with new audio routing!
    - Build.prop setup
    - Boot.img configurations updated ( big )
    - Better overall speed.
    - Hardware key vibrating
    - Htc One X bootanimation
    - Launcher changed to the latest free launcherPro version
    - Stripped Gapps
    - Zipaligned
    - Camera support ( Just photo, no video so far )
    - Bluetooth support ( fully working )
    - Native a2sd support. - Removed from the Build because with this camera not work.
    - Darktremor Apps2SD support ( need ext2 partition on your sdcard )

Kernel

- h2w support ( new headset )
    - New acoustic_wince code base and neccessary modification for blackstone - Fully working
    - Shutter in music? not anymore
    - Added camera support and neccessary drivers - Fully working
    - Battery changes for the better life
    - Config updated
    - BT updates - Fully working
    - Clock-wince changes
    - Improved shutdown and reboot funkcion. - seems to be need fixes

2012-09-28 – Testing release { got some fixes from the before list but not at all }
    Reserved for the future

--------- Reserved ---------​
    Hey folks.

Great news!

I just want to say that I could operate the WIFI !!! :cool:

Lot of work but now its here.

Kernel updated too for wifi!

Battery it will be better on kernel now, update its coming a few days ;)

:good::good::good:

Oh, really happy man here :D