Android 2.1 (Eclair) On HTC [27 Jun 2010] (V2.5a) Voice Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tigermoto

Nov 7, 2008
Rochdale, GBR
A haha

WOW! About time someone made a thread like this. Easy to understand and not having to read 20 billion posts!!! I reckon this should be a sticky.
Nice Work.

Makkiezz

Oct 22, 2007
My device is working fine as well with the startup from the rar:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2030
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=210 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3"
boot

With the startup txt from the first post I had problems with the g-sensor and I didn't know where to push the buttons right.

I have an error on startup, the error text is "The application Android keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Last edited:

Jal84

Apr 10, 2009
Thanks for the tutorial. I just had a little problem with yout STARTUP.TXT the screen axises are inverted, I mean when it is vertical the display is on landscape mode and when it's horizontal the display is normal, I put back the one on Osamaa's topic and it worked fine (without the mac address)

Makkiezz

Oct 22, 2007
...I just had a little problem with yout STARTUP.TXT the screen axises are inverted, I mean when it is vertical the display is on landscape mode and when it's horizontal the display is normal, I put back the one on Osamaa's topic and it worked fine (without the mac address)

I used the strartup from the rar instread, working fine for me. Now will test the build of today.

Bl@ck

Nov 6, 2008
Rome
already tried it a bit, it's working really fine but i can't seem to wake up the phone after a couple of standby, can't understand if the phone is freezed or it just takes some time to wake up since the touch buttons don't vibrate anymore :\

Syc

Feb 16, 2009
Sandnes
Just a tip:

The Sleep button on the top is better for waking up the device, less buggy. Remember to press it _once_ and if it doesn't wake up, press the end call button _once_.

damo_samps

Oct 17, 2008
hi, i am an avid blackstone flasher, trying new roms on a regular basis, i found this thread to be amazing, i have wanting to try an android build on my blackstone for a while but always seems to be to much effort, until this thread!!

I followed the simple step by step instructions, to be greeted with "waiting for sd card" after running haret???

am i being an idiot, and have missed something v.simple?

brodos123

Nov 5, 2008
Zedge

Hi I am trying the XDANDROID.22.01.7z and I noticed the Zedge ringtons and wallpapers was beeing downloaded automatically.
Is this normal?

ali30349

Jun 29, 2009
Thanks

Dude thanks you are the man I have been trying to troubleshoot this for a while. I am testing now and will def send feedback.

twanj

Dec 23, 2008
Venlo
Thanks!! This is just what i needed. All the info we need. Will get a sd card fast. Any suggestion which cards work best? I believe class will work best?

Twanj

7896zx

Feb 13, 2009
when i boot and it goes to the black screen it does everything and then i get "waiting for SD card" over and over again is this ment to happen?

TheBrilliantMistake

May 3, 2007
I've updated the opening post with new instructions for the latest build... incorporating the comments folks have made.... esp the Startup.txt file (which I'd incorrectly pasted from the wrong device). It should be correct now!

I do realise that the startup.txt file is included in the package, but it was easier to tell folks the settings than to tell them how to find the right file in the package!... and besides, it helps folks SEE what those settings are when discussing if values need to be changed. So there's a sort of logic of documenting it this way.

I've also added a note about the SD Card issue... since some users have trouble with their SD Cards.

With regards to the 'status' of what's working and what isn't... I'm having to rely purely on my own findings, the documentation, and anecdotes from other users. (The last part is the hardest) because in some cases, I have to 'filter' the evidence.... ie. Some user will say "doesn't boot"... I have to guess it's the user at fault ;-). If 20 users say the same... then I'll believe it :)

Also, the Opening Post should be the place to get the latest info, not the thread... general rule of thumb should be:

1) The opening post has the latest info (based on the date in the OP).

2) If there's any 'hot off the press' info, you need only look at posts in the thread dated after the OP date (usually a day at the most). So no trawling through hundreds of pages.

Syc

Feb 16, 2009
Sandnes
hi, i am an avid blackstone flasher, trying new roms on a regular basis, i found this thread to be amazing, i have wanting to try an android build on my blackstone for a while but always seems to be to much effort, until this thread!!

I followed the simple step by step instructions, to be greeted with "waiting for sd card" after running haret???

am i being an idiot, and have missed something v.simple?

If you try the newest kernel build from http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/ it might work. Some have reported that Class 6 cards works fine now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try turning off Manila, rebooting windows, then launching haret (just to try)

But if you really are using a clean install, you should definitely be able to boot (as long as you chose the right device during installation, and you install to SD Card)
    I run Topix 3.6 without Sense, without password, without PIN, without everything like lights enhencement... and each time i try to boot 2.2 i get a different error. This is verry strange. Now i even got a "waiting for sd card" at the end of the building :confused:²
    Sometimes it build everything, unpack and boot, but guive errors then freez.
    I keep tryin'...

EDIT: wow, after more than 20 try, i give up. Each time i try i get an other error.
    Gonna try a search about a log file...
    Iv just installed 2.1 Eclair and it works ok on My HTC Diamond but i still have some problems..I know that camera ist yet supported but i have problem with the usb..i connect my diamond with usb serial and it doesnt shows that he found my phone so i cant get into my internal storage card...Now if i want to put somethong on my Diamond i must run first Windows 6.5 and put files and stuff and than run Android...any help would be appreciated...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Probably not the best place to get noticed since FroYo is working nicely and Gingerbread is in the oven (minus neopeek's Alpha2). You do know testing for camera is on-going now with your device? Check HERE for that and check HERE for more info on the USB situation.
    :cool:
    n-Joie!
    Dear TheBrilliantMistake,

I have HTC Touch 3G (JADE), can I load the any ver Android given by u in this handset.
    if yes, then please guide, what are the setting to do.

I have tried but faced some problem. error: Terminating heret due to unhandled exception (PC=00daa494)

attachment.php

please guide me....!
    This is for Blackstone/Diamond/Raphael/Topaz/Rhodium,no Jade support
    does this support HTC Touch HD???
    have anybody tried it, any errors or bugs?
    This is for touch hd,try it