Android 2.2 (FroYo) On HTC [03 Sep 2010] (V1.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

veehexx

May 6, 2009
yes, i agree with what you say...
in terms of new working features for the touchHD specifically - not much has changed since 2.1 (battery level issues, camera not working etc).

obviously any fixes in android OS itself between 2.1 and 2.2 have been brought across. as i say previously, the activesync calender support is a huge nail in WM's coffin. if my phone breaks tomorrow, then i'll aim for android since it will do exactly what i want now for business use!

jura55

Nov 14, 2008
Brno
Speed

Hi,
have someone tested this:
XDANDROID.2.2.AOSP.18.7.10.RC1.system.ext2.7z version?
I have been using this version for 2 days and it seems that is faster than this build.
Have someone else this experience too?

Regards Jiri

rvenes

Jun 26, 2009
not as snappy as my htc desire, but what can we expect?

testing it on my old htc hd (blackstone)

Spotify works! maybe my old htc hd will be a spotify player for my car.

mmp7

Aug 25, 2008
Nottinham
No it does not have Sense. Why would you want it?
You can get virtually all the same widgets from other sources. Sense is a massive resource drain (esp on XDAndroid), and on non 3D supported hardware

If you want the flipclock, you can get it from multiple places, the wallpaper, the wallpaper, and similar widgets are all floating around too.

I am not a big fan of sense as well, ever since the winmo age.

TheBrilliantMistake

May 3, 2007
Hi,
have someone tested this:
XDANDROID.2.2.AOSP.18.7.10.RC1.system.ext2.7z version?
I have been using this version for 2 days and it seems that is faster than this build.
Have someone else this experience too?

Regards Jiri

It's virtually the same release, but this is using squashfs and not ext2 partition.
Most 'normal' users have no idea (or wish) to partition their SD cards, so this is my release avoids the need to do so.

All of that said, the speed appears to take time to build up, the first few minutes are not as fast as the 2.1 releases. But after a few minutes the speed improves.

mercedez

May 3, 2010
Help

I have tried several version of android for my HD2, but all of them are not able to run in my HD2

I am using Manila 1.0.19211620 version

Thanks

dzeen

Nov 2, 2009
Moscow
TheBrilliantMistake,

thanks a lot for another great job!

after playing with froyo for half a day i can highlight 2 issues:
1. battery charging process is no longer indicated - after plugging in usb or ac, the batter indicator immediately starts to show that battery is fully charged. although, the charging itself goes normal (i checked the % values in winmo).

2. a critical one: the device won't wake up from a deep sleep :( it means that after a couple of minutes of staying in my pocket with screen off the device has to be reset :( actually, i didnt have this issue in 2.1

Workz

Mar 29, 2007
Very nice build. :D
Very fast. Faster then other builds.
Looks - Very nice, sweeet.
Battery- dont know yet.
Games - I play Worldwar. Its much faster then other builds,
it scrolls much faster and loads faster.
Gallery doesnt work. Only thing i found that doesnt work.

From all builds thats arround, this is bifar the best build.
Nice Job. Props.

TheBrilliantMistake

May 3, 2007
Help

I have tried several version of android for my HD2, but all of them are not able to run in my HD2

I am using Manila 1.0.19211620 version

Thanks

Hmmm, the BIG clue here is that this is NOT a HD2 forum. Nor is HD2 mentioned in the supported devices. The HD2 uses a TOTALLY different processor and other hardware than these devices.

You should be looking in the HD2 forum for HD2 version of the port.

adamsmiley

Jul 23, 2010
Hmmm, the BIG clue here is that this is NOT a HD2 forum. Nor is HD2 mentioned in the supported devices. The HD2 uses a TOTALLY different processor and other hardware than these devices.

You should be looking in the HD2 forum for HD2 version of the port.

Can you point in the the right direction then? I'm new to this form and there is a lot of pages to it. My phone is on the list of ones to choice from it is the Rhodium one.

Tom1386

Jul 16, 2009
i got the same problem, after a few minutes in sleep my hd freeze and i have to reset...

who don´t have this problem and which rom do you use?

dubc35

Apr 1, 2009
Seattle, WA
Can someone mirror the .cab file somewhere else for a couple hours? The Megaupload d/l cut off in the middle (probably my internet's fault) but now I'm getting download exceeded messages and can't d/l either file (cab or zip).

[edit] nvm, got it to work. thanks

Last edited:

ykman1

Jun 10, 2010
RDG
i got the same problem, after a few minutes in sleep my hd freeze and i have to reset...

who don´t have this problem and which rom do you use?

I have the same problem... I have tried chuckyrom, miri v17 rom and now astriaos rom, all confirmed working good with android. I have a radio that's supoose to be compatible, tried all android hd2 versions except 2.2 with sence that was just release (tryin this later today) and tried all zImage files on all builds yet I still have either "sleep of death" or re-boot issues on my hd 2, nothing seems to work right for me...
Anybody??

HSPL 2.8
Astriaos Lite Rom
2.10.50.26 Radio
Dan1j3l V1 Froyo Build
SD Card Formatted Fat32 (tried it from both phone and PC formats)

Sent from my HTC Dream using XDA App

ykman1

Jun 10, 2010
RDG
Sorry for the HD2 post in the Touch HD forum, I just noticed that...

But if anyone sees this and can help, Im a ears...Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xdandroid.jpg

Android on your Windows Mobile HTC Device...
    Supports Blackstone, Diamond, Diamond 500, Fuze, Raphael, Raphael 800, Rhodium, Tilt 2 & Topaz

This thread is dedicated to FroYo, and NOT Eclair releases!

First things first, this post is PURELY an instruction guide for noobies that aims to reflect the latest status and downloads (give or take a day).
    I am not an Android developer, I do not create any of this software... this is done by far more talented people than I. This thread is purely to collate the latest info for Android on Windows Mobile HTC devices and make deploying Android on your device as simple as possible.

If you have new information that should be added to the guide (and is relevant for ALL folks) then feel free to add to the thread and I'll update the OP frequently.

These opening few posts should have ALL the latest info you need to get started (no need to trawl through the threads).
    The only time you 'might' need to look in the thread is for 'breaking news' info that is no more than a day old...i.e. The Opening Post is the place!

Credits: There are too many to mention, and many are unknown, but basically the guys poring Android to our devices should be thanked, along with all those making the effort to help others test, document, or use their work (along with those who provide answers to the same questions, time and time again). These are the guys who deserve the credit. From memory...
    osamaa,
    babijoee,
    phhusson,
    herpez
    scanny
    klinux
    Oliwe
    and many more

What's New?
    Latest Update: 03 Sep 2010 (V1.6)
    • InitRD - 20100813-b11116a
    • Rootfs - 20100828-c29a486
    • System - XDAndroid 2.2.AOSP.3.9.10.RC.2.2
    • Kernel - 20100830_01302 (no debugging)
    • Headset support - Credits to Oliwe
    • 3D support for Blackstone/Diamond/Raphael (Rhodium/Topaz have no 3D)- Credits to Oliwe
    • Gallery working - Credits to Oliwe
    • Touchscreen Calibration is back! During first clean install, touch each of the five calibration points CAREFULLY to calibrate your screen before installation completes. Plus, general touchscreen fixes and power off support - Credits to Oliwe
    • Back to basics System... stock Android system.
    • Takes about 5 mins usage before the system starts to speed up, so expect it to be a little sluggish for the first 5 mins.
    • None 3D devices may not show boot screen, so please be patient during install (screen will show black)
    • I'd advise that once installed, you also launch SpareParts, and configure the window animations etc to 'fast'
    • There is a chance that after installation, some Startup.txt settings MAY be incorrect for your device. If you discover any mistake, PLEASE let me know, I will correct asap. I need your help on this guys.

How To Install (CAB Version)
    • Step 1 - Prepare your SD Card
      Find a nice clean SD card to load Android on.
      You can either format your card to get it entirely clean, or you can leave all the files you may already have on there.
      *Warning* - If you have valuable data on your card, back it up. Android is usually safe, but if you can't afford to lose the data on your card, don't risk it!
      Some cards have difficulty working, there is a POSSIBILITY this is due to the formatting of the card. If in doubt, format to FAT32, not FAT16

• Step 2 - Download and install the CAB
      Download and install the following 'full package' cab (a collection of ALL the files you'll need to run Android on your device) by clicking the XDAndroid Cab button below.

You MUST install on the Storage Card. The cab file will take a couple of minutes to install Android. Please be patient.

For those that are interested the cab files does the following:
      - Installs Android in the root of the SD Card
      - Deploys the correct Startup.txt for the device (the user can choose their device type)
      - Adds a high res icon for Android in the root of the SD Card
      - Installs a shortcut in Program Files named "Android" (launches Haret.exe)
      - Installs the high res icon in the registry for WM6.5 users

• Step 3 - Run Android
      Android is now installed... So launch 'Android' from your Program Files menu in WinMo. Your phone should reboot into Android with 2 quick vibrations.
      Have patience... the first time you do this can take a LONG time (3 mins or more). During the first boot on SOME devices, you will be asked to calibrate the screen. This is very similar to Windows Mobile screen calibration (except it's in text mode).
      The reason the first boot takes longer is that Android is 'preparing' your device for the first time. :)

How To Install (ZIP Version)
    • Step 1 - Prepare your SD Card
      Find a nice clean SD card to load Android on.
      You can either format your card to get it entirely clean, or you can leave all the files you may already have on there.
      *Warning* - If you have valuable data on your card, back it up. Android is usually safe, but if you can't afford to lose the data on your card, don't risk it!
      Some cards have difficulty working, there is a POSSIBILITY this is due to the formatting of the card. If in doubt, format to FAT32, not FAT16

• Step 2 - Download and extract the ZIP
      Download and install the following 'full package' zip(a collection of ALL the files you'll need to run Android on your device) by clicking the XDAndroid zip button below.

You MUST unzip to the ROOT of the Storage Card. The zip file will take a short while to extract. Please be patient.

Once you've extracted the zip:
      - Click Auto-Setup.exe to configure XDAndroid for your particular device

• Step 3 - Run Android
      Android is now installed... So launch 'Android' from your Program Files menu in WinMo. Your phone should reboot into Android with 2 quick vibrations.
      Have patience... the first time you do this can take a LONG time (3 mins or more). During the first boot on SOME devices, you will be asked to calibrate the screen. This is very similar to Windows Mobile screen calibration (except it's in text mode).
      The reason the first boot takes longer is that Android is 'preparing' your device for the first time. :)

If you want to exit Android and go back to Windows Mobile, then you need to shut down / reboot. To do so with the latest Android releases, hold down the 'end call' button until you see a menu appear.
    If this fails to work, then the only option is remove the battery or press the reset button.

Known Issues
    Many things are still not working properly, and the developers are fully aware of 99% of them.

• SDCard - Most SDCards are working, but if you the 'waiting for SDCard' message, you should try one of these fixes (and please let us know if it works)
      Fix 1: Format your card with this tool http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/
      Fix 2: Edit your startup.txt file and add these entries to your cmdline:
      set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3
      msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave
      "

Fix 3: Tell your wife / girlfriend that you are about to make some modifications to her phone... change the ringtone and steal her old Class 2 SD Card to use with Android. She will never discover what you have done, and if she does, you'll be able to use Android to send texts to your former girlfriends ;-)
    • SDCard - A few users have claimed to have had trouble using their SD Cards after installing XDAndroid. Some of those have reformatted the SD Card, and it worked, some couldn't recover it. This is a minority of users, but be warned.
    • Camera - Not working
    • GPS - working
    • Battery Status - Highly problematic for most users (don't trust the capacity Android tells you, it's simply up and down a lot, and highly inaccurate)
    • WiFi - Working for most people, suspected to cause slight heat, definitely drains the battery faster than WinMo.
    • Audio - Speaker working for most people, microphone can have issues
    • Deep Sleep - Working for most people, but can have issues waking up (sometimes, it will not wake up)
    • GPRS - Working
    • 3G - Working for most
    • PIN Code - Unknown
    • GSensor - Working (Screen only handles 0 and 270 degrees)
    • Bluetooth - Experimentally working (don't expect too much, but it's working for a number of users)
    • OpenGL ES - 'should' be working but only for Blackstone... more to follow soon
    • USB - Supported, but will NOT operate in mass storage mode. You can charge via USB and you can debug, but forget accessing your files by it.
    • Headphone Socket - Semi working (see FAQ for details on how to make it work)
    • Application Errors: It's very common to see 'Application (xxxxxx) is not responding: Force Close or Wait'. Click wait. I do not know the precise reason for this, but from what I can gather, it COULD be related to the slow speed of the SD Card causing the app response times to JUST be a little too slow for Android's liking, thus causing the message. This seems to happen more after bootup or wakeup when the device is busy doing stuff in the background.
    • Cannot choose ringtones: This is believed to be caused by the media scanner failing (due to discovering some filenames with none English characters). The best option of all is to use a CLEAN SD Card. But, if you insist on hosting other files on the same SD Card, you MUST make sure they have English character filenames.
    for all those having problems with this build there are two newer builds out here they are
    this is the full package
    DoWnLoAD

this is the newest build
    DoWnLoAd

Remember if you do the full package reformat sd card. if you are using the newest build delete data.img and modules.tar.gz and replace with new modules.tar.gz and zimage android will build a new data.img on boot
    Hi,
    Here is what I've done:
    After Formatting to fat32 and copying the content of both zips I still needed a startup.txt for my blackstone, so I took one from the startup configs of the 2.2V1.6, but I wonder, since android freezes after a few moments, is it the right thing to do? :confused:

Here is its content, should it work with this last build?

set ramsize 0x10000000
    set ramaddr 0x10000000
    set mtype 2030
    set KERNEL zImage
    set initrd initrd.gz
    set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=528 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3 msm_blackstone_pad.vibrate=1"
    boot

If this is not right then what should be the best "startup.txt" for non-overclocked Blackstone ?

I've tried with the startup.txt that came with the first zip, same results.

Here is what my startup.txt looks like for those who need one the download is below just edit out the andboot out of downloaded one

set ramsize 0x10000000
    set ramaddr 0x10000000
    set mtype 2030
    set KERNEL zImage
    set initrd initrd.gz
    set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=528 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3 msm_blackstone_pad.vibrate=1 lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3 msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave"
    boot

Download

maybe a strange question but will this be updated?
    last update is from september
    i want to put this on touch pro 2 but if a update is coming soon i will wait for it:p

Here is the latest build 12-18-10

Download
    reserved

reserved reserved reserved 2
    See above your post. I do have a copy of both if you think you still need/want it.
    :cool: