updating to kit kat flashing?

Search This thread

markysd

Apr 5, 2012
san diego ca
hey guys been a while but back it it..im on jelly still and rooted and i cant get the OTA update.. can i just flash the kit kat? not sure what one to download.. i just want a stock base rooted version..im on att but have tmo note 3 and going back to tmo later this month..

do i have to factory restore clean via kies first?

thanks guys

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
hey guys been a while but back it it..im on jelly still and rooted and i cant get the OTA update.. can i just flash the kit kat? not sure what one to download.. i just want a stock base rooted version..im on att but have tmo note 3 and going back to tmo later this month..

do i have to factory restore clean via kies first?

thanks guys

Yea, if you wanted the ota, in short you would have to grab the stock non rooted firmware kies , I prefer Odin and just get back to stock stock. You may be able to hide root, and grab the ota but I've never got into that. I prefer to back up whatever needs it via titanium saved to ext card, wipe completely and just start fresh with the kk update. That way you getbthe modem, you get the boot loader, the new partitions etc etc and IMO a more solid user experience. Some may beg to differ, but, updates are updates for a reason and ne6 is far more stable and reliable than nb4 was. Kernel source is cleaner, ROM bits were cleaned up, volte was added and its just better. If you've never checked tweaked ROM out before man, you are missing out. Its the way touch wiz was meant to be, dwitherall is a friggin smali destroyer, and his work is the work others strive to do. Thats just my two cents and what I would do, but if you wanted to just flash a kk ROM right now, ya probably could, but you aren't getting the benefits of why is was the upgrade in the first place. Users may disagree with my statement but, the real devs, would agree ne6 is a far more solid base to be on, and once tweaked is done is game over. Thanks for the time man