TPU Cases for AT&T SGSII Already hit eBay

Search This thread

kinubic

Apr 9, 2008
I ordered it, it fits nicely..but it does not go under the charging dock with the case :(..I love the case though!

NO. THIS CASE DOES NOT FIT. I purchased it and paid for next day delivery. Please see pics:

61WKyl93OjL.jpg

617SX1J19lL.jpg

thanks ! i suppose u can send back the item. looks like yours was defective ><? hit and miss on the case it does look pretty solid >< still debating if i should grab it. though wud be perfect if it sat on the dock ><!!

u guys think these cases will fit with out phones? lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8Pcs-Ne-Mes...=130584069538&ps=63&clkid=3244882191749737008

Last edited:

jank0023

Jul 10, 2007
Tampa, FL
just bought it, coming tomorrow plus the screen protector. It said ONLY fit ATT version. I don't trust other cases that said fit many types of samsung galaxy sII

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005QDIM88

Please report back how well it fits and whether all the holes/ports aline, thanks! I need a case badly, I'm paranoid I'm going to do something to this before I get a case on it.

Slightly off topic, anyone know how hard the glass is on these? I went from an iphone 4 to an Atrix...and the glass on the Atrix seemed softer, much more susceptible to scratching than the iphone 4's glass.

jacorso

Jun 10, 2008
Slightly off topic, anyone know how hard the glass is on these? I went from an iphone 4 to an Atrix...and the glass on the Atrix seemed softer, much more susceptible to scratching than the iphone 4's glass.

I believe it is Gorilla glass which is the same as the Captivate. I had my Captivate for over a year and the glass is still flawless.

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
Incipio fits... with a slight modification (Part 1)

The Incipio case fits around the phone fine, but it does cover the secondary microphone hole that is located on top of the phone near the 3.5mm jack. It is a few mm off from where it is located on the international version. I have attached pictures to demonstrate where it is off, and show the slight modification I had to make to the Incipio case for it to work.

Outside of that 5min adjustment w/ an razor blade, the case goes on and off just fine and doesn't seem overly tight on the phone. This is pretty much going to be a temporary case for me until something better comes out. I would really like the BodyGlove Mirage cases that AT&T sells at their stores to release for this phone. I have one on my Captivate, and one on the wife's Infuse, and they are great cases.

See next post for more pics.

Last edited:

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
Incipio fits... with a slight modification (Part 2)

And here are the rest of the pictures of the modification I had to make. Stupid 4 file attachment limit....

Again, the case fits around the phone just fine, just the upper mic is covered. A method that my also be easier than a razor blade is a hot needle or small nail to punch a new hole where the 2nd mic is. Worth a try, and if that doesn't work, fix it with the razor.

I also ordered the TPU case on eBay made specifically for the AT&T version. Should be here in a day or two, and I will compare it to the Incipio.

simpl3lang

Aug 31, 2010
Please report back how well it fits and whether all the holes/ports aline, thanks! I need a case badly, I'm paranoid I'm going to do something to this before I get a case on it.

just got mine. its not the glossy back but from the same amazon seller. it fits perfectly. lovin it. the thing that really opted me to get this was the screen protector. i like the 3 layer static clinging screen protectors. the feeling is smooth when you run your fingers on its surface (not the best fingerprint repellent but youll love it). be careful with lints/dust when applying. the only thing i find weird about the case is the extra hole above the volumes, dont know what it is for. but excellent fit.

Last edited:

jank0023

Jul 10, 2007
Tampa, FL
just got mine. its not the glossy back but from the same amazon seller. it fits perfectly. lovin it. the thing that really opted me to get this was the screen protector. i like the 3 layer static clinging screen protectors. the feeling is smooth when you run your fingers on its surface (not the best fingerprint repellent but youll love it). be careful with lints/dust when applying. the only thing i find weird about the case is the extra hole above the volumes, dont know what it is for. but excellent fit.

Does it fit snuggly and does it add much bulk? I almost ordered the casemate with the stand as picture made it look pretty slim than I read that is huge like an otterbox...defeats whole purpose of buying a sleek phone like this.

On the front, do the edges of the case extend slightly past the surface of the screen, ie can you lay it on its face and the case will ensure the screen doesn't actually lay flush against the surface?

tysj

Feb 8, 2010

Extra hole is probably for the lanyard loop hole on the international version of the phone. I guess most of the "made for AT&T" cases right now are just ones for the i9100 since they are virtually the same out dimensions/shape.

simpl3lang

Aug 31, 2010
Does it fit snuggly and does it add much bulk? I almost ordered the casemate with the stand as picture made it look pretty slim than I read that is huge like an otterbox...defeats whole purpose of buying a sleek phone like this.

On the front, do the edges of the case extend slightly past the surface of the screen, ie can you lay it on its face and the case will ensure the screen doesn't actually lay flush against the surface?

Yes it fits snuggly. Not too thick just right for me. And yes the edges on front extend slightly pass the surface. Screen wont rub the surface. Even the backside wont let the back camera touch the surface when laid flat in its back

mpazevedo

Feb 15, 2011
The TPU cases are probably at the moment the the best fitting cases with all the mic holes where they should be. The only issue, very minor in my opinion is right above the volume rocker is the hole for the lanyard that is only available in the international version. The case fits like a glove. I like the slight protruding edge to keep the screen protected. It does come with a screen protector which is a nice addition. Just purchased an Invisibleshield for it. I put that on everything I have.

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
Just wish they made it in white :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts