Premium Headphones

Search This thread

mafiadesi

Mar 23, 2011
Claremont
skullcrushers

definitely skullcandy skullcrushers. they aren't too expensive and they deliver huge bass (go figure...with built-in subs). pretty good combo and not too many other headphones ive seen offer bass control.

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
I've been using the Skullcandy Heavy Medal and am rather impressed. Very good headphones and notably better build quality. Sound is amazing, very crisp bass, good mids and clean highs. I don't listen to very "bassy" songs so I can't comment if it's the "brain rattling" bass their description makes it out to be, so far it's not over the top. I really like them though. Very comfortable too despite the weird shape.

I tried the Heavy Medal with Puscifers D is for Dubby, the only really bassy songs I could think of and it will absolutely rattle your brain around. I tried them against my Skullcandy 50/50 and noticed the 50/50 had a "louder" bass but it wasn't as clear. You can differentia the notes much more with the Heavy Medals and it's not as much of an annoying - not sure if that's the right word for it - bass. They definitely have a cleaner bass compared to the 50/50, but the 50/50 are really great headphones for the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Padillla

Sep 29, 2010
Heredia
I got ATH-M20 from Audio Technica, the best headphones for a $30 steal. Amazon

If you use Voodoo Louder for like 3 bucks, you will have AWESOME sound, high volume and a delicious sensation that you didn't lost 150 bucks in that piece of expensive fashion sh!t named Beats.

Or you can get $150 ATH-M50, which are really good headphones. Hats off.

Ashhong

Feb 25, 2011
definitely skullcandy skullcrushers. they aren't too expensive and they deliver huge bass (go figure...with built-in subs). pretty good combo and not too many other headphones ive seen offer bass control.

Definitely not. What the hell, Skullcandy as premium headphones? What kind of messed up thread did I enter?

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
Definitely not. What the hell, Skullcandy as premium headphones? What kind of messed up thread did I enter?

Just because they don't have some audiophile brand doesn't make them not premium. Side by side Skullcandy is worlds better than Beats which no one seems to have a problem dubbing "premium". Sure the budget side of Skullcandy will never compete with other brands, hell some are even worse than the $5 jvc buds. And whoever came up with Smokin Buds should be fired and then shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

fajhaj

Sep 9, 2011
Anyone have over ear headphones that have inline controls/mic that work with sg2?

I use headphones from iPhone, the answer/hang up button works flawlessly. I would definitely recommend this headphones to anyone. I, myself had a hard time finding what works with our Samsung Galaxy S 2 and iPhone's headphones are the solution to our problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

lanisan

Jun 22, 2007
The Artic North
I don't know if you're still checking your thread but it's like to share.. I use outdoor technology Bluetooth tags. They're 69.99 on Amazon, they sound better than beats, skull candy, and about 7 or 8 other headphones I ended up returning. They have full concise range, excellent bass and are comfortable. I use them for exerting from working out to biking to skypeing..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

RubbberDucky

Mar 26, 2012
I highly recommend checking out the Head-Fi forums. They have threads covering just about any headphones/earbuds/sound-makers-you-stick in-ear-holes you can think of.

Most of the guys over there are real audiophiles though. They will tell you beats and scullcandy are overpriced crap. However I believe if you are looking for style points and love rap they could be just right for you. Personally I want it to sound amazing, even if I look like an idiot with some giant cans on his head. :)

Good luck to you all in your search for good sound!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: dalhectar

LegoGuy

Feb 11, 2012
Palm City, FL
steamcommunity.com
Anyone have over ear headphones that have inline controls/mic that work with sg2?

EDIT: <<I did not read "over the ear" in you post. My bad.>>

The Klipsch S4a's. They were mentioned earlier in the thread as well, but I also own a pair and can attest that their sound quality. Its on par of that of phones twice their price. It has plenty of bass, but don't expect it to be like Beats by Dr. Ripuoff. Its not overpowering, and also has crisp highs and strong mids. You know, to better reproduce the actual music.:p
I'd highly recommend them. Best pair of in-ear headphones I've ever owned.

Sent From my SGH-i777 using xda premium.

Last edited:

chilean03n

Nov 27, 2009
St. Petersburg, FL
I use the Klipsch S4 and they sound great with the phone.
I use the SE MW600 bluetooth sometimes and it sounds great as well. The ICS Roms fixes the bluetooth problems that Gingerbread had on the i777. It sounds crystal clear :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Klipsch, Sennheiser, Shure - all well respected high-end brands

Skullcandy is well below the price range you state but they offer good "bang for your buck", especially if you buy a set of Comply foam eartips for their earbuds.

Bose and Beats are massively overpriced crap.
    Don't get Beats.. They're overpriced useless things. Quality of sound and build is nothing compared to better companies such as Bose and Sennheiser. I'd suggest getting a pair of those. I have CX 400's and they're very good. Of course you can get higher-priced pairs. They really do make a difference in sound. For people who say otherwise, try a pair of 200 dollar headphones/earbuds and then try a pair of 10 dollar JVCs... It's night and day.
    150...FOR EAR BUDS??

I can't see that ever being worth it. I got some sennheiser cx200s (I think) recently on sale for 15 and they're awesome.

150 is nothing lol my throw around everyday ear buds are shure scl4's which were like $399 when I got them and my other pair is a pair of shure se 535's which are like $499 (I only use them on stage as in ear monitors and when I cant find my other ear buds and I'm in a rush) lately for my phone I've been using the Monster mobile jamz because it has the control talk mic and the sound quality is decent.
    ..haters gonna hate ;)

sent from my Galaxy SII

*shrugs* Everybody's ears are different so not everything will sound the same to everybody else. But most audio-focused folks who have had a lot of experience with other brands seem to agree that the Beats in particular are overpriced and not well balanced. However it's incredibly subjective and every person has a different level of hearing loss, different musical tastes, and different opinions on what part of the music should be emphasized.
    I think it's more that people who are actually willing to drop that much money on headphones are looking for a pair that is more balanced rather than bass heavy.