FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
New to this phone and I am running 4.1.2 there is a system update a 4.3 that's already downloaded and ready to install but I wanted to make sure the update didn't install any new locks on my phone before I accept. I plan on rooting soon.

Thanks
Rich
21st April 2014, 02:39 AM |#2  
gronimo21's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag WINTER PARK,FL
Thanks Meter: 201
 
Donate to Me
More
U get knox but there are ways to still root with knox so go ahead update

High Definition Note II
23rd April 2014, 04:39 PM |#3  
tx_dbs_tx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas, USA
Thanks Meter: 8,651
 
Donate to Me
More
Uuum hold on. If you plan to root your phone there is no point in allowing the OTA which does install KNOX. Root now and save that extra trouble.
23rd April 2014, 05:35 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 383
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx

Uuum hold on. If you plan to root your phone there is no point in allowing the OTA which does install KNOX. Root now and save that extra trouble.

If the poster wants to install 4.3, then accept the update, root, then flash your 4.3 rom.. This way you won't have all those reboot, lock up issues, that people keep on having.. Plus most devs do not have knox filex in their roms.. And you won't have to flash the wifi fix..
23rd April 2014, 10:17 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I Would Accept It.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledragon5

If the poster wants to install 4.3, then accept the update, root, then flash your 4.3 rom.. This way you won't have all those reboot, lock up issues, that people keep on having.. Plus most devs do not have knox filex in their roms.. And you won't have to flash the wifi fix..

If I was in this position, I would accept the update as doubledragon5 said and move forward with root, etc. I have 4.1.2 right now and want the 4.3 update, but I'm rooted and trying to figure out how to unravel this to get to 4.3 myself.
23rd April 2014, 11:34 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 383
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashred

If I was in this position, I would accept the update as doubledragon5 said and move forward with root, etc. I have 4.1.2 right now and want the 4.3 update, but I'm rooted and trying to figure out how to unravel this to get to 4.3 myself.

If your rooted, go back to bone stock MC2 like I have mentioned in a few other threads. accept the 4.3 udate from sprint, re-root using the tookit, then flash away...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes