[Android 2.0+] Camera Translator - Translate Anything With Your Camera

Search This thread

edawerd

Jun 25, 2010
Hi guys,

Edward Kim here. I just wanted to share with you my latest app. I'm going to South America next week on vacation, and don't know any Spanish or Portuguese. So, I made this app, which lets you take a picture of anything, then translates it for you into any language you want.

It basically runs OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on the photo you take, then sends it off to Google Translate to translate the recognized text.

This community has been extremely helpful to me in the past for feedback/bugs/feature suggestions. I'd really appreciate if you could check it out and give me any of your comments!

App link

As always, I'm more than happy to refund the purchase for anyone here who purchases the full version of the app. Just purchase it on the market, and then fwd me your order receipt to eddie [period] kim at googles email service [dot] com

Thanks!

Last edited:

DaClowns

Jul 6, 2011
Hi guys,

Edward Kim here. I just wanted to share with you my latest app. I'm going to South America next week on vacation, and don't know any Spanish or Portuguese. So, I made this app, which lets you take a picture of anything, then translates it for you into any language you want.

It basically runs OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on the photo you take, then sends it off to Google Translate to translate the recognized text.

This community has been extremely helpful to me in the past for feedback/bugs/feature suggestions. I'd really appreciate if you could check it out and give me any of your comments!

App link

As always, I'm more than happy to refund the purchase for anyone here who purchases the full version of the app. Just purchase it on the market, and then fwd me your order receipt to eddie [period] kim at googles email service [dot] com

Thanks!

Edward! Wow I just realized you are the developer who created Car Locator, and Screenshot it! Do you work on apps by yourself? Or do you have a group/team/company? Also, do you use a program to develop your apps?

I am downloading this right now, will test it, and leave feedback!

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

HTC Sensation

I tried the app with my Rooted HTC Sensation For T-Mobile with the Custom ROM Android Revolution HD.

I tried 4 pictures of spanish things. One of which was a huge sign saying: Peligro, which means danger, the sign is very big too, but once cropped, and I select "Crop" It just has an empty box, with no works, like I have to type them in, which in my opinion defeats the purpose of Taking a picture, instead of typing.

I also tried taking a picture of my homework, at the top is it says "Mi Familia" In about size 16 font, and the camera could not focus on the lettering in the app, but my normal camera app would do fine.

Your concept seems very intelligent, and If either Im doing something wrong, or the app is not fully complete maybe, once this works good, I'd be happy to help you promote it.

dofseo

Sep 22, 2011
www.diamondsonfire.com
RE: Camera Translator - Translate Anything With Your CameraArrow

Thanks for this, But tell me how much language Translation facilities in this camera Translator APP.

Macklegrey

Sep 15, 2010
Bolton
I tried the app with some french text on a website (took photo of what was on my computer's monitor) but sadly it couldn't recognise any of the text to translate :(

shinjijalzie

Oct 26, 2011
I saw your concern and let me share to you what I have right now.
I have this app on my iPhone called speechtrans that let me communicate with people with different languages.
this is the website speechtrans.com
this app help me to my language class
i hope that this will assist you :)

BWalker01

Feb 19, 2011
That was pretty slow too :/
theres an app i saw on the iPhone ads that translates video in real time but cant fin an android equivilent

Simo-ita

Aug 11, 2010
tomorrow is another day

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

yess i done it yeah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

App link

Thanks!
    Camera "Tranlator"??? it is also time for a spelling-checker. ;-)
    haha....oops! Thanks for pointing that out.