Disabling home key/wake activation

Search This thread

swagatsourav

Feb 16, 2011
I was previously able to disable the Home Key for the Wake Activation by editing gpio-keys.kl

After i have upgraded to Kitkat, i can now see in place of WAKE, there is WAKE_DROPPED already in that file, and even if i remove it , i cannot stop the home button wake activation to stop.

The reason i wanted to do this was i use the jelly home button and it with flip cover or slim Armour view, this will keep my phone screen awake if i do not disable the wake function

any one has any idea how this is done in Kitkat.

I am on NB4

jimzmaycry

Oct 31, 2012
I was previously able to disable the Home Key for the Wake Activation by editing gpio-keys.kl

After i have upgraded to Kitkat, i can now see in place of WAKE, there is WAKE_DROPPED already in that file, and even if i remove it , i cannot stop the home button wake activation to stop.

The reason i wanted to do this was i use the jelly home button and it with flip cover or slim Armour view, this will keep my phone screen awake if i do not disable the wake function

any one has any idea how this is done in Kitkat.

I am on NB4

are you rooted? if yes, install xposed framework then install wanam xposed..there are option to disable home button wake up in wanam. :)