455 posts
Thanks Meter: 199

By MLIGN, Senior Member on 3rd July 2011, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2012, 05:22 AM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you for your quick response.

I already paste this file PG58IMG.zip on the sd sard root folder. the android-info.txt inside that zip is modified with a value I get from CID getter. below is the CID and MID of my sensation xe phone

modelid: PG5813001
cidnum: HTC_044

can you help me to create the correct android-info.txt? it seems that some syntax is missing or with spaces.

Thank you very much in advance.....

16th March 2012, 10:43 PM |#152  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by musarraf172

kill HTC sync

Then RUN

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb devices

If it fails , then may be the HTC new driver causing the issue. I had no pain to setup adb on win7 32bit /64 bit and Ubuntu 10.10 / 11.04 /11.10 32bit .
Some guys got problem with new HTC driver. Try to use the old driver available on XDA.

This didn't work either but I managed to get a connection when I changed the connection type from charge only to htc sync and back =)

But now I've tried installing about 5 different ICS roms but I always end up in a bootloop. I already did a data and cache wipe but it didn't change anything :/

EDIT:
Nevermind, it seems that there was a Problem with the Firmware version. After installing it again, everything went fine and I got my Sensation with Android 4.0 Sensless =)
Thx Musarraf172
17th March 2012, 04:15 AM |#153  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 448

Donate to Me
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statixx91

This didn't work either but I managed to get a connection when I changed the connection type from charge only to htc sync and back =)

But now I've tried installing about 5 different ICS roms but I always end up in a bootloop. I already did a data and cache wipe but it didn't change anything :/

EDIT:
Nevermind, it seems that there was a Problem with the Firmware version. After installing it again, everything went fine and I got my Sensation with Android 4.0 Sensless =)
Thx Musarraf172

Glad to see that you figured it out. !!
20th March 2012, 08:00 PM |#154  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Works like a charm. Thx
28th March 2012, 12:06 AM |#155  
Flag Ã…rhus
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Awesome post to the noobs! Cool job!
29th March 2012, 05:51 AM |#156  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smint86

I did everything as written by OP, but there is no fastboot in \tools\ folder. Am I doing something wrong? Got "Android SDK Tools Rev. 15" and "Android SDK Platform-tools Rev. 9" installed. No fastboot, anywhere

As far as I recall, the fastboot executable has been moved from /tools to /platform-tools

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statixx91

First off, really nice Guide.
I did everything and it worked fine so far but now I'm encountering a problem.

When I enter adb devices, daemon starts but my device is not shown. I've aleady searched for a solution but couldn't find anything helpful.

Would be great if someone could help me. Thanks in advance.

Try enabling USB debugging on your phone at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. There should be a checkmark beside USB debugging. See if "adb devices" now works.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgaara

What exactly is all this for?

The guide is for setting up the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) on one's computer. :) It is most useful to those who develop Android apps. It is also useful to non-developers of apps, especially the tools called adb and fastboot.

Before getting ICS on my Sensation XE, I've always wondered how ICS looked and felt like. I installed the SDK and ran an Android Virtual Device through the emulator. T'was uber cool. But, now I have ICS on my Sensation XE.
18th April 2012, 11:35 PM |#157  

More
superb, thx!
17th May 2012, 10:59 PM |#158  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Sdk menager wont load????

canot load files from sdk (??
24th May 2012, 10:55 PM |#159  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
When should you flash the Kernel?
When you are changing ROMs, should you always flash the kernel separately. If I have understood correctly, CWM does not flash the kernel.. right?
8th June 2012, 07:37 AM |#160  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 199

Donate to Me
More
People still use this? If it is still any bit helpful let me know I will try to update it the best I can!

Cheers!
16th June 2012, 05:17 PM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLIGN

People still use this? If it is still any bit helpful let me know I will try to update it the best I can!

Cheers!

Tips and trick for ADB/FASTBOOT command maybe?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)