[ROM] Verizon i815 STOCK ICS rooted IMM76D.LP11 - Verizon OTA as CWM flashable ROM

Search This thread

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
I read through lp10 post and it said you could use Odin to flash the modem without the stock recovery. I'm currently using paranoid android 3.56 and wondering can I flash lp10 or lp11 without using the stock Rom or recovery?

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
Just wondering why I flashed the modem but only 1/2 of the firmware identification changed? Any idea why and does that effect 4g coverage? my 3g coverage is awesome but 4g is still suffering

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-20-11-33-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-20-11-33-34.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 348

WangChung81

Mar 19, 2012
Halp! I was updating busybox on my tab and something borked in the process. I have no WiFi access and busybox and other programs are saying SU is not installed/available. Can I just re-root the thing or do I have to start over? Thanks!

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
What are you using for super user? Superuser stopped working for me a while ago and I had to switch to supersu.

Sent from my SCH-i815 using XDA Premium HD app

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
Something tells me there is no reason to update to LP 11 if I use as a wifi tablet only. I don't want any wifi issues, although I am tired of the nagging update notification. If I just flash the LP11 ROM and not modem, should I see any issues?

Also, I just got this tablet a week ago from a friend for free, it was basically brand new, he just never used it and is an Apple fan. Is there a stable 4.1.2 ROM for the i815. I forgot how much ICS sucks compared to JB. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7 that runs 4.4 flawlessly. I tried the new 4.2.2 Bean Stalk ROM but it had too many issues and was laggy. Again, I don't use data nor do I plan to. Regardless, does a P6800 ROM work on our tablet if we don't want data?

Last edited:

WangChung81

Mar 19, 2012
Something tells me there is no reason to update to LP 11 if I use as a wifi tablet only. I don't want any wifi issues, although I am tired of the nagging update notification. If I just flash the LP11 ROM and not modem, should I see any issues?

Also, I just got this tablet a week ago from a friend for free, it was basically brand new, he just never used it and is an Apple fan. Is there a stable 4.1.2 ROM for the i815. I forgot how much ICS sucks compared to JB. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7 that runs 4.4 flawlessly. I tried the new 4.2.2 Bean Stalk ROM but it had too many issues and was laggy. Again, I don't use data nor do I plan to. Regardless, does a P6800 ROM work on our tablet if we don't want data?

I had zero issues with LP11 and WiFi for over the year that I'd been using it, up until I borked it with the BusyBox upgrade. AFIK there is no official JB update yet, so all the unofficial ones will have a few bugs included.

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
After trying just about every rom available for the i815 I finally came back to LP11. It is by far the most stable, my data works and I don't have any glitchy applications. I know the dev's are trying but I just think this forgotten tablet does not have the large developer base needed to provide constant updates. I know the few devs here work hard but there are so few of them for this platform. Darn shame as I still think it's a solid tablet for it's age.

jnuts5423

Sep 23, 2008
Illinois
can someone point me how to get this thing rooted to try this update. My buddy was given this tablet for free because it nonstop reboots. Im the only one who he knows thisd type of stuff, and I cant get it. Ive tried the stock update firmware, but no go.. Id be happy to try anything, THIS THING IS A PAPER WEIGHT RIGHT NOW. I been messing with it for about a week. Ive tried different odin versisons,, and read through a cuople complete threads without getting any further. im stuck

Last edited:

zeroweaver

Dec 22, 2011
Need to update bootloader for SCH-i815 but all links to files neeed are dead. Help!

I have an older Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 LTE Verizon SCH-i815 and I broke one of the most important rules of flashing, never flash while drinking. :silly: So I accidentally flashed the wrong cwm recovery and soft bricked then unbricked then bootlooped my tablet. I managed to install what I think is the correct CWM recovery img but now I am in bootloop with CWM recovery and stock recovery both working (sorta). I am not an expert so I have to follow guides and all the guides I can find for this device are old and the links for the files I need are dead. Please someone help!!! :eek:

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
I have an older Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 LTE Verizon SCH-i815 and I broke one of the most important rules of flashing, never flash while drinking. :silly: So I accidentally flashed the wrong cwm recovery and soft bricked then unbricked then bootlooped my tablet. I managed to install what I think is the correct CWM recovery img but now I am in bootloop with CWM recovery and stock recovery both working (sorta). I am not an expert so I have to follow guides and all the guides I can find for this device are old and the links for the files I need are dead. Please someone help!!! :eek:
Try Twrp instead as its still being actively developed and maintained. Cwm is no longer being developed

Reactions: zeroweaver

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: My hosting I had for XDA related work expired, so I re-uploaded everything here: http://www.mods4cars.com/pub/xda

Here's the new Verizon OTA packaged up as a full CWM flashable ROM. Wiping should not be necessary if you are coming from our last ICS ROM (LP10).

This is meant for those who have CWM installed and for those who modified their system to the point that the OTA does not work because it expects certain files.
    If you are on full stock (rooted) ICS LP10 and are not getting the OTA update the regular way, you can look here for a way to manually install it:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1932597&page=26

The rom is pre-rooted. After installing, run super-su and let it check for binary updates. Also a cached copy of su for restoring with Voodoo OTA rootkeeper is included (for extra safety).

Part1: The ROM
    Install with CWM
    http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP11_i815.zip

Part2: The MODEM
    Flash with ODIN in PHONE section
    http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP11_i815_modem.tar

Part3 (optional): Stock Recovery
    If you want to be full stock afterwards, flash with ODIN in PDA section
    http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP11_i815_recovery.tar

Part4 (optional): Stock SBL
    If you did all 3 parts above and want to be able to receive future Verizon OTA's flash this in ODIN in BOOTLOADER section
    http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/electron_ICS-LP11_i815_sbl.tar

Enjoy :)
    My hosting plan expired. I updated the OP
    Try Twrp instead as its still being actively developed and maintained. Cwm is no longer being developed