reviews&opinions about htc 8s

Search This thread

toby913

hey i'm toby,

i was considering to buy this phone because of the beats audio feature and the simplicity of the OS....
i really like the colors it comes in and i wanna stop worrying if my phone gets a custom firmware, i want to become a simple user again who doesn't care about bootloaders and hacks also i wouldn't mind if there were any.
now it comes down to your opinions, doyou think its a good phone? are you happy with it?
please consider to describe me the pro's and con's of the htc 8s and if you like about the wp8 pro's and con's too.

currently i'm using a lg l5 ;)

thanks

regards toby

Last edited:

KillMoves

Jan 11, 2013
i've had a desire x and 2 days ago i've trade my dx for a htc 8s and i simply love it ! The screen is great for it's price, speakers are good, it's fast and responsive. I've been a android user for 3 years now and this is my first wp device and i think wp is better (but not for gaming) . So if you want something new/fresh buy this phone. You wont be sorry. The only thing i don't like is the small keyboard when you type in landscape mode.

toby913

i've had a desire x and 2 days ago i've trade my dx for a htc 8s and i simply love it ! The screen is great for it's price, speakers are good, it's fast and responsive. I've been a android user for 3 years now and this is my first wp device and i think wp is better (but not for gaming) . So if you want something new/fresh buy this phone. You wont be sorry. The only thing i don't like is the small keyboard when you type in landscape mode.

the phone speakers are not so important ;) i'll use my pair of sennheiser 485hd, what do think about the beats audio feature? and how about holding the phone? mine is really large and i have to hold it almost with to hands. using it with one hand is a thumb excercise for me ;) before my first android, i had a nokia 5800 for 2 years on a customfirmware... i loved it, and somwhere in between i had a iphone 3g which i'm still using from time to time... which color do you have?

homer.web

Nov 9, 2009
Prague
the phone speakers are not so important ;) i'll use my pair of sennheiser 485hd, what do think about the beats audio feature? and how about holding the phone? mine is really large and i have to hold it almost with to hands. using it with one hand is a thumb excercise for me ;) before my first android, i had a nokia 5800 for 2 years on a customfirmware... i loved it, and somwhere in between i had a iphone 3g which i'm still using from time to time... which color do you have?

Hi toby,

I have bought it on Friday to my son and I can tell you, that the phone is amazing value for the money (approx. 300 USD). The size and weight are great and the phone fits just right to the hand. I have myself HTC HD7, and compared it to 8S I just realized how much my phone is ancient... :D
I love the feeling of the material of which the 8S is build, the lightness and the quality of the display. Also the speed and smoothness is incredible.
Son also bought 32GB SD card and copied almost all of his music to it. The Beast Audio sound is great with my Bose headphones and we both love it.

The only drawback I see is lack of HTC apps if you compare it to Nokia. Especially I am missing HTCs DLNA app to play music over the air on our Pioneer Receiver.

Hope this helps :)

toby913

Hi toby,

I have bought it on Friday to my son and I can tell you, that the phone is amazing value for the money (approx. 300 USD). The size and weight are great and the phone fits just right to the hand. I have myself HTC HD7, and compared it to 8S I just realized how much my phone is ancient... :D
I love the feeling of the material of which the 8S is build, the lightness and the quality of the display. Also the speed and smoothness is incredible.
Son also bought 32GB SD card and copied almost all of his music to it. The Beast Audio sound is great with my Bose headphones and we both love it.

The only drawback I see is lack of HTC apps if you compare it to Nokia. Especially I am missing HTCs DLNA app to play music over the air on our Pioneer Receiver.

Hope this helps :)

that's great news :D i am in europe so it costs around 260€
is there anything else i should know about ?

KillMoves

Jan 11, 2013
Beats audio is awesome as always. The phone fits perfect in my hand and i love the build quality (it doesn't feel like cheap plastic like samsung) you can easily do everything with one hand. Like i said it's a great phone but i'm a little dissapointed about games and apps from the windows market. The good ones aren't free :/ (if someone know how to get free paid apps pls tell). And i have the domino one (black and white) . The yellow one looks awesome but you can't get it in my country -.-

Last edited:
Reactions: toby913

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
I think one problem with apps on SD cards is the performance of these apps...
There are a lot of bad and slow SD cards out there... this would decrease the performance of these apps a lot...

There should be a least a option for navigation programs and similar apps to store maps and content on the SD card....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beats audio is awesome as always. The phone fits perfect in my hand and i love the build quality (it doesn't feel like cheap plastic like samsung) you can easily do everything with one hand. Like i said it's a great phone but i'm a little dissapointed about games and apps from the windows market. The good ones aren't free :/ (if someone know how to get free paid apps pls tell). And i have the domino one (black and white) . The yellow one looks awesome but you can't get it in my country -.-
    I think the only minus for this phone is just the small internal memory. That's it.
    I think the only minus for this phone is just the small internal memory. That's it.

Yep, the small internal memory is the weakest point of the phone (besides the bad camera photos). But if MS decides to let you install apps on SD Card this won't be the issue. Overall your getting a lot for your money, simple and elegant and most of all fast