[OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3

Search This thread

KindleFireHD6

Jul 20, 2015
I have version 1.0.32. Do I need to uninstall before I install the latest version. I tried searching the over 1000 posts, but didn't come up with anything. :D

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
where is this installed to remove ? i don't understand the first post
Adb and fastboot are installed to c:\adb or c:\users\yourWindowsUsername\adb - folder depending if installed all or current user only. Also path is set to system variables or user variables depending installation and drivers to system.

G

GuestD2640

Just bought a mini-pc and needed to connect my phones up to it. This tool did the job. Thank you

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
@Snoop05
On first post please update info about download link. Version is 1.4.3 (not 1.4.2)
Is there a portable version (without installer)?
Which version are adb.exe/fastboot.exe? Could you please include this info in changelog? Thanks.

Reactions: seedless99

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
Just a FYI for those like me that forgot or just didn't know it can cause problems... I was unable to install the 1.4.x version although the older 1.3 would install because my user name and hence my User folder name had a blank in it. This is on a Windows 10 system but I'd guess it applies to earlier too.

Unfortunately my device wouldn't let me sideload with the older version of adb/drivers in the 1.3 version of this tool. My simple fix was to create a temporary administrator account that had no blanks then proceed with rooting while logged into this temporary account. I'm just partway through that process so I will edit this once I know if the updated adb drivers which I choose to install system wide work on my 'regular' admin account/login work or not. Hopefully everything is good and I can delete the dummy account

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
For some odd reason it isnt installing.... Windows 10 x64 NOT ON CREATORS UPDATE.

It says it cannot find the path.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I have no idea what is wrong here.

Tried to exact it as well using 7-Zip but same error: "The system cannot find the specified path"

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

WTF...Im looking at the .bat and it looks like the most simple thing in the world.

Im going to reboot and try again.

For some odd reason it isnt installing.... Windows 10 x64 NOT ON CREATORS UPDATE.

It says it cannot find the path.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I have no idea what is wrong here.

Tried to exact it as well using 7-Zip but same error: "The system cannot find the specified path"

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

WTF...Im looking at the .bat and it looks like the most simple thing in the world.

Im going to reboot and try again.

Hi i think i found a possible solution for this.
I also strugled with this issue. Then i noticed that de *.bat is trying to put soms stuff on de dekstop folder.
Usually that location is C:\Users\{username}\Desktop

However i am using onedrive and syncing my desktop to the cloud wich made my location of dekstop changed to C:\Users\{username}\OneDrive\Desktop

When i created a folder named "Desktop" in the folder C:\Users\{username}\ and ran the installer as admin it worked as i should :)

Hope you might find the solution in this.

OldSkewler

Nov 4, 2015
New York
Adb and fastboot are installed to c:\adb or c:\users\yourWindowsUsername\adb - folder depending if installed all or current user only. Also path is set to system variables or user variables depending installation and drivers to system.

I need some help here. I went thru the executable a few times and this is what is happening: the drivers seems to be installed correctly, as I can connect my phone and under Device Manager I see "Android Composite ADB Interface" - before running the tool I had MTP.

Now the issue is I cannot find the ADB Folder anywhere. Tried installing it system wide and user only but nothing. A screen pops up at the end of the installation with the following message:

ERROR: Invalid command line parameter "Skweler\Desktop\adb-installer.log"

I already tried downloading the tool from another server but same results, I run it and look for the folders as listed above but they are not created. Not sure what is going on here. Anyone?

Windows 7 x64

Thanks!

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I need some help here. I went thru the executable a few times and this is what is happening: the drivers seems to be installed correctly, as I can connect my phone and under Device Manager I see "Android Composite ADB Interface" - before running the tool I had MTP.

Now the issue is I cannot find the ADB Folder anywhere. Tried installing it system wide and user only but nothing. A screen pops up at the end of the installation with the following message:

ERROR: Invalid command line parameter "Skweler\Desktop\adb-installer.log"

I already tried downloading the tool from another server but same results, I run it and look for the folders as listed above but they are not created. Not sure what is going on here. Anyone?

Windows 7 x64

Thanks!

Do you try to install it with administrator privileges? And if so what the adb-installer.log says in you desktop?

OldSkewler

Nov 4, 2015
New York
Do you try to install it with administrator privileges? And if so what the adb-installer.log says in you desktop?

Yes, installed with Admin Privileges. The installation window says "0 files copied". No files are created in the desktop.

Just tried on a different machine, also W7 x64, and same exactly results.

BTW, I am running the 1.4.3 tool.

-------------------------------------
Going thru the 100+ pages on this thread trying to find out why the adb folder is not being created, I came across an alternative to the tool, a direct link to the SDK Platform Tools. It includes adb.exe & fastboot.exe. Does that mean I can give up troubleshooting the 15-sec ADB tool? I suspect the end goal is to simply have the adb & fastboot installed, correct?

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, installed with Admin Privileges. The installation window says "0 files copied". No files are created in the desktop.

Just tried on a different machine, also W7 x64, and same exactly results.

BTW, I am running the 1.4.3 tool.

-------------------------------------
Going thru the 100+ pages on this thread trying to find out why the adb folder is not being created, I came across an alternative to the tool, a direct link to the SDK Platform Tools. It includes adb.exe & fastboot.exe. Does that mean I can give up troubleshooting the 15-sec ADB tool? I suspect the end goal is to simply have the adb & fastboot installed, correct?
So basically something preventing you or the installer have write access to those folders. You could try to see if problem is in those folders security settings. But you are correct. The main goal is to to have working adb and fastboot and mentioned SDK Platform Tools are obvious alternative.

OldSkewler

Nov 4, 2015
New York
So basically something preventing you or the installer have write access to those folders. You could try to see if problem is in those folders security settings. But you are correct. The main goal is to to have working adb and fastboot and mentioned SDK Platform Tools are obvious alternative.

Thanks for the reply and confirming the SDK Tools would suffice. Everything is working (adb & fastboot) but unfortunately I could not figure out why the 15 Sec ADB Tool was not working.

Cheers!

bojan.1995

Aug 31, 2013
fastboot is not recognized as internal or external command...
i got this error while unlocking bootloader, what now??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My problem is setting the path variable, hard to do

Not so hard if you follow a tutorial like the ones above (especially the one by XDA)
    I understand that it's a bit more work than installing one of the adb& fastboot tools but the advantages are that you're always up to date and have no problems with installation.
    yeah with platform tools 35, thats really old
    Why don't use platform tools itself? As you say, it's actual and the installation is as easy as for every adb/fastboot tool.
    15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3
    ADB, Fastboot and Drivers
    MCPoJ81.png

What is this?
    This is All-in-One installer for 3 most needed PC tools for Android. No need to download big SDK for 3 small things. I originaly made it for my Kurdish friend AnGrY DuDe in early 2013. I saw another ADB installer on XDA, but it wasn't good enough for me so i'm finaly posting it here. It's very small and fast installer for tools and drivers.

Features:
    Small - 9.18 MB
    Fast - 15 seconds install (many times its even less)
    AIO - ADB, Fastboot and also Drivers
    Easy to install - just run it and program will guide you
    Clean - ADB and Google Drivers from latest SDK

Install process:
    1. Run it (Require administrator privileges)
    2. Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
    3. Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
    4. Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
    5. Continue Driver installation
    6. 15 seconds passed - finished!

Notes:
    System-wide: ADB and Fastboot are installed to %SystemDrive%\adb directory, and added system-wide path.
    Current user only: ADB and Fastboot are installed to %UserProfile%\adb directory, and added path for current user.
    CMD can use ADB and Fastboot from any directory.
    Drivers are installed to system - no need to install them from directories.
    Installer automaticly decides if install 32-bit or 64-bit drivers.
    If anybody got problem with detecting device, go see picture guide View attachment howto_driver.zip
    If installation fails, then post here contents of "adb-installer.log" from desktop. (if there is any)

If you have problem with driver enumeration in Windows 8.1 install update KB2917929

If you have older Google USB Driver installed, please uninstall it from Control Panel before installing new

If you have previously installed it as system-wide and now you want it current user only (or vice-versa), it won't remove it, you must do it yourself. (at least for now)

Mod edit
    In this post it was brought to my attention that this installer installs a very outdated version of ADB and its related tools.
    It's highly recommended you use the latest version.
    If you wish to proceed, that is of course okay as this installer arguably provides an easier way to get going with ADB for some people, but do know that it's currently very outdated.
    Downloads: Version 1.4.3
    XDA Mirror added by Mod @Redline
    Downloads: Version 1.4.2
    Google Drive
    Userscloud
    Zippyshare
    Dropbox

Version 1.3 (If upper one doesn't work)
    Google Drive

If you like my work, want to support development and have few coins spare:

Video tutorials: (thanks goes to savadam)

Used tools:
    BRAIN, 7-Zip, Notepad++, WDK, ResourceHacker, UPX, Android SDK, and maybe something else
    Changelog

Changelog

Next version (WIP)
    I will completely rewrite the project and make 2 versions, offline and online one.
    Can also download latest files.
    Will be open-source, code hosted on GitHub.

Version 1.4.3
    - Updated adb and fastboot to API 23 version (Android 6.0)
    Version 1.4.2
    - Updated adb and fastboot to API 21 version (Android 5.0)
    Version 1.4.1
    - Fixed bug refusing to set %PATH%
    Version 1.4
    - Fixed %PATH% for Windows XP (SETX missing)
    - Updated Google USB Driver to version 11.0.0000.00000
    - Errorlog
    - Cleanup

Version 1.3
    - Now use 7-Zip SFX (instead of WinRAR)
    - Add choice for "system-wide" or "current user only" installation of adb
    - Newer DPInst (WDK 8.1)
    - Reduced size
    - Fixed bug

Version 1.2
    - Update only files that need to be updated
    - Add to PATH only when its not already present (prevent having it twice or more)
    - Updated Google USB Driver to version 9.0.0000.00000
    - 2KB bigger :(

Version 1.1
    - Added Y/N option for installations (you can choose what to install)
    - Changed installation directory to "%SystemDrive%\adb" and added PATH
    - Will also remove adb from WINDIR if you still have it here
    - Changed x86/x64 detection system
    - Faster
    - 0.01MB smaller than previous version :D

Version 1.0
    - Initial release
    Nice! Thank you. Will give this a shot. My adb/fastboot quit working when I moved and I cannot get it uninstalled or reinstalled for some reason. Have even tried other one click packages and still no go. Will try tonight. Does this need internet connection to install proper drivers, or are they packaged?

Edit: I just looked at the driver pics and it appears they're local. Great! Thank you.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is WinRAR SFX archive that will start batch script, adb is copied using xcopy and drivers are installed using DPInst - Driver Package Installer from Windows Driver Kit, whole thing is extracted to temp directory and deleted after completition.

And yes, no internet conection is required.

How much did installation took ?
    when the installaton got succesful i got notiication from Bitdefender that Ransomeware behaviour detected by adb-setup-1.4.3.exe. Is this file reallly safe and one more thing i wasn't able to download adb file from your source so i used other webpage. xda forum is not letting me paste the here for now.
    Use this its the original direct download from xda.