FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anybody notice the screen gets rid of fingerprints?

165 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By uzii305, Senior Member on 4th May 2014, 09:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
OK. So i just got my phone a week or so ago. I'm used to fingerprints on my phones screen. When I'm at the office, I leave my phone alone while I work. I noticed my M8's screen was clean when I picked it up after a couple hours. Then I kept noticing the same thing over and over again. I'd leave the screen with numerous fingerprints. and hours later, they'd be gone. And the screen looked like it was cleaned with windex. It looked super clean. Am I missing something? Is this a feature of the screen? I'm just baffled and amazed but it keeps happening. I keep finding my phones screen clean. Either way. I'm loving it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

4th May 2014, 10:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Could it just be that your workmates are just picking your phone up with their sweaty paws to admire it and then cleaning it to hid the evidence?
5th May 2014, 01:47 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
No its not that... I'm dead serious... My phone is just sitting next to me for hours while I work and the screen just cleans itself its very perplexing.

5th May 2014, 02:47 AM |#4  
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Mine didn't you must have gotten a special one

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 02:53 AM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Flag nassau
Thanks Meter: 676

Donate to Me
More
Lmao I also notice it to I forget to clean my screen then wen I look the screen is clean

5th May 2014, 09:44 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daorderdillon

Lmao I also notice it to I forget to clean my screen then wen I look the screen is clean

Are you serious or are you just messing around?? Because Im dead serious.. This has me pretty confused and amazed at the same time. I don't know what to make of it. But it happens every time... F**k it I'm loving it lol

5th May 2014, 11:52 AM |#7  
Flag nassau

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzii305

Are you serious or are you just messing around?? Because Im dead serious.. This has me pretty confused and amazed at the same time. I don't know what to make of it. But it happens every time... F**k it I'm loving it lol

Never notice until u brought it up I know my pocket don't clean it and I have no screen protector on but it's clean again this morning

5th May 2014, 04:19 PM |#8  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I kind of notice the same thing. I was thinking that, since I am so used to clean my old One M7, I do it out of habit. Strange thing
5th May 2014, 05:48 PM |#9  
Flag nassau

Donate to Me
More
Wow if u ain't focus u won't notice it

9th May 2014, 06:45 PM |#10  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Okay. I thought this was crazy when I read it... but it's not. lol.
I am usually having to clean the screen on my jeans or whatever is handy... but not with this phone. Yes there are fingerprints... but when I just leave it alone and put it away... next time I grab it... the prints are gone. Maybe there is a coating of some sort on it? Anyway, it's pretty nice to not always have to clean the screen.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
9th May 2014, 09:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I've noticed that and the Screen also doesn't smear, which is great coming from the GS4.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)