All S2 Applications development suspended... but...

Search This thread

A_C

Jan 5, 2007
www.ac-s2.com
As you all know, all S2 applications are freeware. That is, they cannot be sold for any purpose and it's stated clearly in the attached license file.

However, it's found some guys do repeatly sell them through eBay or their own websites. For eBay, I have to submit an individual email to eBay when a suspicious listing is found. That's really time-wasting.

Recently, I came across this website: www.iphonethemeforppc.com. I asked the website owner to remove S2U2, but he simply declined.

I'm totally sick of them.

So, I'll suspend the development of any S2 applications until there is any good sign of changes.

Anyway, thanks all for your support. Take care.

Update: 11-Sep
Got the reply from iphonethemeforppc
We do not sell S2U2! We offer it as an optional free download from our
site just as most of the other sites on the web.
When you purchase the iphone theme you will download a zip file that is
an html file and a Cab file with all the wisbar theme addons and a txt
file. This is NOT the S2U2 files and we do not sell your software. I
already said this once so get it straight!
We don’t believe in selling copyright software and we don’t endorse it!

Now if you want to know who I believe is doing it wrong look at this
site: http://www.web-resort.com/. They actually have it included in
their download package!

With that being said, We don’t have a problem re-wording our site if
that makes you feel better, but we are NOT selling your software.
But up till now, S2U2 is still posted on this website with screenshots & wordings like "Features"...

Here is the reply from another beggar at web-resort.com:
we are not selling S2U2 as it is a free application as stated on our
website.
Please read the part of our Warranty Disclaimer relative to freeware:

"...THIS PACKAGE IS DEVELOPED MIXING TOGETHER FREE SOFTWARE. BUYING THIS
PACKAGE YOU BUY THE "KNOWLEDGE", "TIME" SPENT SEARCHING FREE SOFTWARE,
PUTTING IT TOGHETER, "TESTING" AND FINALLY "FINDING A RELIABLE SOLUTION".
It's even worser that it's selling the whole series of S2...

So, I have to keep on suspending the development. Take care.

Update: 17-Sep
I must say thanks all for your support & feedback. I'll think seriously about every suggestion you've posted here but I have not made up my mind yet. So please forgive me for the lack of update of any S2 apps in the near future.

Take care... I'll be back...

Update: 3-Oct
I've just set up a website... http://www.ac-s2.com

I'm still waiting for some legal advice... so please stay tuned...

Update: 21-Oct
I'm back... http://www.ac-s2.com

Last edited:

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
its really unfair that pple try to sell someone elses hard work....

but isnt there a copyright issue??? iphonethemeforppc cant just say no cuz its against the law

JukEboXAuDiO

Apr 9, 2008
For anyone who is doing this.. you should be ashamed. I hope if anyone finds these people in these forums to ban them and their IP.

xxza

Jul 12, 2007
i really hate those basta*d who make money on this great app. what a shame.

a_c, how about starting to commercialize s2 series? i'll buy lisence from you.

cp_kirkley

Oct 29, 2007
Cypress, TX, USA
Banning is not enough. Anybody remember how Jay and Silent Bob handled the negative movie reviews?

**Music***How many people wanna kick some @$$***Music**

I make light of the subject, but really. If you're douchebag enough to steal someone else's work and sell it as your own, you deserve nothing betther than to have the 5#17 kicked out of you. No stupid sentencing, no community service or refund money, just hefty fines and ass-whoopin's. Simple as that.

dan0zone

Mar 4, 2007
LYNN
hope this idot seen what he's done what is wrong with these people...sorry to see that you have stop A_c ....you made such great apps. for us ,now some jackass killed it .Hope he gets sued by some customer that comes accross a bug that i know he can't fix
BTW i noticed that the price is in $US again with the americans looking to make an easy buck... samething happened in the hearld fourm a while back with the touch IT roms and the guy apologized for doing it.... WTF how sorry can you be when your counting the money you made off someone elses work to hell with these guys ****ing basterds

_RMB_

Feb 24, 2007
miami
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

please dont stop A C..... i use all your apps religiously!!!!

its a shame that people will stoop that low!!!!!

JstarLuvsTina

Mar 12, 2008
Banning is not enough. Anybody remember how Jay and Silent Bob handled the negative movie reviews?

**Music***How many people wanna kick some @$$***Music**

I make light of the subject, but really. If you're douchebag enough to steal someone else's work and sell it as your own, you deserve nothing betther than to have the 5#17 kicked out of you. No stupid sentencing, no community service or refund money, just hefty fines and ass-whoopin's. Simple as that.

+1 for this..

bronx

Oct 18, 2006
thanks for all You hard work A_C. I was really hoping for future developement of Your s2v app, but it is Your choice and I respect it.

see... this is situation without solution to be honest. If You would decide to sell Your apps, then they would become even more populare on warez sites.

crap. hopefully in next few weeks/months some failure @ CERN will put a definitive end to all this madness. :D

br

bro

uniqueboy

Apr 11, 2006
Is this guy trying to sell crack copies of wisbar as well? if so lakeridge software may also have something to say about his $10 offer.
Thanks AC for all you've done, don't let the fools get you down, it's just because your work is so damn good!