How to really pump up performance

Search This thread

siddharthsai

Feb 2, 2010
I've been using the mini running 2.1 for about 2 weeks now. At the start I noticed considerable lag while sync or while heavy multi tasking. This simple way made my phone give a quadrant score of 570 without JIT.

* Install titanium backup
* Freeze every unused applications
* restart

Your so called lag will definitely vanish.
Removing apps is kinda bad to the file system because some apps will depend on the other for a service. Freezing just makes the app unresponsive and takes it out of memory completely.

Have fun. Post the result. Those who have already removed apps , ignore !

Sent from my E10i using XDA App

I

iphonepimp

Thanks. Works really well. Only problem is still my lag in my msg app. Do you know which system processes we can freeze?

Sent from my E10a using XDA App

Xaeons

Aug 27, 2010
Manila, PH
Whew almost repaired again, me and my stupid impulses..

Just to clarify, the apps that I would most likely freeze would be the same as those listed as safe to remove on the other threads?

I haven't really removed applications from my ROM, as my TB doesn't show me an option to restore an app once its been removed [though it has a backup]
Hence my 4th, most recent, repair >_<

JaffaTB

Oct 22, 2010
Sheffield
warning i did this earlier and froze something that stopped the market from working, i unfroze everything and now i still get force close when i open the market :(

galaningenieros

Sep 9, 2010
Brunete
Could anyone pelase post the AppS to freeze in orden to get such an important performance improvement? I have tried a lot, even with jit and can not get higher than 570

JaffaTB

Oct 22, 2010
Sheffield
i had the same problem! google apps stop working after being frozen and still dont work after being defrosted :( the only way i found to fix it was reinstall the firmware