[21.MAR.11][ZIP]skink Clean Desire v1.4|APPS2SD+|CWM+AD Rec.|theme support[prj v0.4]

Search This thread

skink123

Sep 9, 2008
ok thanks man for answer

but
1- When the phone off in case I have to be connected to the battery Usb I'm compulsion and I turn on the phone back. Why?

2- canot install zip file form sd on cwm is error:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing Update...
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to ClockworkMode 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

1. If I understood you correctly you were talking about this:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10270961&postcount=696

2. It seems that you are using update.zip from old version of Clockwork Mod. The actual version is 1.2 and is based on Gingerbread Source. You need to use update.zip that support updater-script or convert your update-script to updater-script. You can search forum or use one of my addons as an example.

skink123

Sep 9, 2008
When putting MDJ S10.3 on, I can't seem to get any data connection. Any idea why?

I haven't tried this kernel. Maybe if I have some free time I will try and check it but I’m focusing to be as close as possible the same as prj build. I think his kernel is fast, very low battery drain and have very little bugs (for me they aren’t even noticeable).

esatch

Oct 10, 2008
Rovigo
Thanks a lot, i love prj clean desire but i'm always low on space.
With your mod it's perfect now.
Thanks again!

zooz11

Oct 11, 2010
Thank you for you work..

I am using your ROM now. I've just flashed it few hours ago.
2 question:
1) how to transfer apps to ext3 partition?
2) the extra files (for data transfer) did not work with me! can you please explain how to do that? (I've tried to run it from my pc while connecting my device using sync & usb options, but did not succeed!)

Last edited:

b14ckd34th

May 4, 2010
Jacksonville
Hot damn! Finally a Rom that doesn't make my phone freeze.only issue I have is it doesn't show that I connect to 3g or H network.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

b14ckd34th

May 4, 2010
Jacksonville
Oh Jesus Christ on a bike.....I spoke too soon.damn thing froze on me three times..I really wish someone could offer me a solution for this.

skink123

Sep 9, 2008
Thank you for you work..

I am using your ROM now. I've just flashed it few hours ago.
2 question:
1) how to transfer apps to ext3 partition?
2) the extra files (for data transfer) did not work with me! can you please explain how to do that? (I've tried to run it from my pc while connecting my device using sync & usb options, but did not succeed!)

1. Apps are automatically placed on ext3 partition. You don’t need to do anything.
2. For script to work it needs Android SDK installed. I forgot to mention that, sorry. I’ve uploaded updated extras.zip file (that doesn't need Android SDK, and have all necessary files included). Link is on first page or extras.zip

skink123

Sep 9, 2008
Oh Jesus Christ on a bike.....I spoke too soon.damn thing froze on me three times..I really wish someone could offer me a solution for this.

I’ve used prj build from beginning and now use my ROM and I don’t remember to have freezes. Maybe you use some app that makes it.

b14ckd34th

May 4, 2010
Jacksonville
I’ve used prj build from beginning and now use my ROM and I don’t remember to have freezes. Maybe you use some app that makes it.

It happens with many different apps.your Rom has seen the least freezing tho.hasn't froze today yet.yesterday 3 times.usually when I start a new app or something that I haven't done on phone yet.

lemar123

May 14, 2010
great job

good to know we have polish rom makers
prj Clean Sense is my favorite, it is the time to check your rom

ML

zooz11

Oct 11, 2010
1. Apps are automatically placed on ext3 partition. You don’t need to do anything.
2. For script to work it needs Android SDK installed. I forgot to mention that, sorry. I’ve uploaded updated extras.zip file (that doesn't need Android SDK, and have all necessary files included). Link is on first page or extras.zip
1. do you mean when I choose to install the app on the phone, or to move them to phone they will be installed automatically to ext3?

2. thank you, I downloaded it & will try it later on this day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    skink Clean Desire v1.4
    based on prj Clean Desire v0.3.2
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

I've made this build based on great prj Clean Desire v0.3.2 build. It has the same features + I’ve added things that I was missing the most:

• Clockwork Mod 1.3
    • Apps2SD+
    • Evo keyboard
    • Reboot option in shutdown menu
    • Notification Menu Power Control Widgets
    • Un-squashfsed, oxed system app and framework
    • ROM is rooted (SU app + SU binaries)
    • Percentage display on battery
    • Fast and low battery drain
    Now you don’t have to worry about decreasing internal storage when you install more application. You don’t also lose access to application when you phone is connected in drive mode to computer, because application data is being hold on ext3 partition on SD card. That partition isn’t mounted when your phone is connected to computer. The things that are redirected to this partition are: /data/app, /data/app-private, /data/dalvik-cache and /data/data.

Requirements:
    • MAGLDR v1.13
    • ClockworkMod Recovery v1.3 (included with package)

Changelog:
    v1.4
    • fixed missing APN's and hopefully data connection drop
    • hopefully fixed low call volume

v1.3
    • added Notification Menu Power Control Widgets (based on JsChiSurf and mendozinas work; see screenshots; thanks to mini_robot; you can customize this widgets using notification.widgets_signed.zip addon)
    • hopefully fixed high call volume (thanks to athulag and oyvpet)
    • added option to install without SD card
    • now by default after clean installing /data/data folder also will be moved to SD card (you will have more free internal storage; if you'd like to have /data/data on NAND use data2NAND.cmd script from "extras" folder)

v1.2
    • fixed Angry Birds issue:) (fixed problem with installing big apps; it needs repartition of NAND; see upgrade info)

v1.1
    • Supports AD Recovery in MAGLDR (now you have access to ClockworkMod Recovery from NAND partition)
    • added Evo keyboard as default
    • added reboot option (normal and hot restart, based on snq- mod) to shutdown menu (see screenshots)
    • for those who would like to customize their themes I’ve added an optional skink_Clean_Desire_v1.1_update_deodex_signed.zip deodexed package (see addons)

v1.0 initial release
    • based on prj Clean Desire v0.3.2
    • basically clean Desire build
    • removed: Maps, Youtube, GMail, Flash Player, Facebook (these was old version; install what you need using Market)
    • un-squashfsed, oxed system app and framework
    • ROM is rooted (SU app + SU binaries)
    • percentage display on battery
    • no 60ma drain after call
    • Wifi mac individual for every device
    • Smartass governor by default
    • G-Sensor freeze fixed
    • low volume in-call fixed

Clean installation:
    1. Extract skink_Clean_Desire_v1.4_package.zip.
    2. Power on phone holding power button to access to MAGLDR menu.
    3. Select the "USB Flasher" item.
    4. Run DAF.exe from “daf” folder and go through installer to create partition layout and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    5. After phone reboot, hold power button to access MAGLDR menu.
    6. Select the "AD Recovery" item. ClockworkMod will be loaded and you will see ClockworkMod Recovery menu.
    7. Select the "advanced->Partition SD Card" item, next select size for your A2SD+ partition (1024MB recommended), next select 0 as size of swap partition. (Remember that this will delete partiotion on your SD card, so make backup if you need !!!)
    8. After the partitioning will be done select the "reboot system now" item.
    9. Using USB cable connection or SD card reader copy skink_Clean_Desire_v1.4_signed.zip from “zip” folder to root folder of SD card.
    10. Power on phone holding power button to access to MAGLDR menu.
    11. Select the "AD Recovery" item.
    12. Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select skink_Clean_Desire_v1.4_signed.zip.
    13. After flashing will be done select the "reboot system now" item.

Upgrade from skink Clean Desire v1.3:
    Just in case something goes wrong make backup with CWM first!
    1. Using USB cable connection or SD card reader copy skink_Clean_Desire_v1.4_update_signed.zip to root folder of SD card.
    3. Select the "AD Recovery" item.
    4. Select the "backup and restore->Backup" item.
    5. Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select skink_Clean_Desire_v1.4_update_signed.zip.
    6. After installing select the "reboot system now" item.
    7. After booting go to "Settings->Wireless&networks->Mobile networks->Access Point Names->Reset to default" and after that choose your operator from list.

Migrate from prj build:
    1. Make backup of your phone using Titanium Backup (select all user applications and system data).
    2. Copy all files and folders from SD card to local folder on your computer.
    3. Install Clockwork Mod 1.3, create partition on SD card and install ROM as described in clean installation guide (steps 1-12).
    4. Copy all files and folders from local folder on your computer back to SD card.
    5. Restore application and system data using Titanium Backup and reboot your phone.

Recommended apps:
    • Titanium Backup
    • Adfree
    • Flash Player

Download:

Addons:
    How to install addons:
    1. Using USB cable connection or SD card reader copy selected addon.zip file to root folder of SD card and turn off you phone.
    3. Select the "AD Recovery" item.
    4. Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select addon.zip.
    5. After installing select the "reboot system now" item.

• notification.widgets_signed.zip 14-03-2011 - if you'd like to customize Notification Menu Power Control Widgets just extract this zip and edit file "system/customize/widget.txt" and after editing compress back with zip; you can have up to 6 widgets one time; choose from toggleWimax, toggleAirplane, toggleAutoRotate, toggleBluetooth, toggleBrightness, toggleFlashlight, toggleGPS, toggleLockScreen, toggleMobileData, toggleScreenTimeout, toggleSleepMode, toggleSound, toggleSync, toggleWifi; remember to use | as separator; based on JsChiSurf and mendozinas work; thanks to mini_robot
    • Instantaneous GPS Fixation CWR Updated 2.14.11 21-02-2011 - for those who have problem with catching GPS signal; thanks to AngelDeath and feloccio
    • arabic_support_signed.zip 14-02-2011 - for those who needs Arabic support (it needs testing, please report your experience; I don't know Arabic so I can't tell if it's ok.)
    • skink_Clean_Desire_v1.1_update_deodex_signed.zip 11-02-2011 - for those who would like to customize their themes

For version 1.0:

Supported themes:
    If you’re looking for custom themes you can check http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=630 forum, where you can find lots of modifications. Not all will work but you can try (always make CWM backup before). Main reason why it’s not working is old type of META-INF\com\google\android\update-script in update.zip. You have to convert it to updater-script. Please post here any working theme and I’ll update list.

How to install custom theme:
    1. Power on phone holding power button to access to MAGLDR menu.
    2. Select the "AD Recovery" item.
    3. Select the "backup and restore->Backup" item.
    4. After backup will be done select the "reboot system now" item.
    5. Using USB cable connection or SD card reader copy downloaded custom theme zip to root folder of SD card.
    6. Clean /data/dalvik-cache folder (use "rm -rf /data/dalvik-cache/*" in android terminal or in adb shell on pc or Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache option in CWM).
    7. Reboot phone and hold power button to access to MAGLDR menu while booting.
    8. Select the "AD Recovery" item.
    9. Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select downloaded custom theme zip.
    10. After flashing will be done select the "reboot system now" item.
    11. Eventually if something goes wrong use CWM "backup and restore->Restore" item to restore from backup.

Credits to:
    • Cotulla + DFT
    • prj
    • Darktremor
    • snq-
    • JsChiSurf
    • mendozinas
    • oyvpet

If you like my work please consider donating:

Thanks everyone for donations.
    Downloading..thx

1) with chinese handwriting or not?
    2) work in ext 4 ?

1) No.
    2) ext3 because of kernel.
    Nice Work, but after reboot, I have one 140mb of memory. Do you know what´s happened? Thanks

Everything is ok. It's just how Apps2sd+ work. You have ext3 partition on SD card that you normally don't see under SD & phone storage. On this partition are stored /data/app, /data/app-private and /data/dalvik-cache (eventually /data/data if you use method described under tips). This folders are linked to folders on internal storage. So for android nothing changed, but when you install apps they are physically stored on /system/sd/app, /system/sd/app-private and /system/sd/dalvik-cache. The simplest way to check available space is to use Titanium Backup. On first page you see: Internal Storage free space, SD card free space an SD card (a2sd) free space. (you can also use terminal app and command: df –h)
    quick one: i searched the thread but can't find any answer to the below question?

is there a solution for low call volume? or is there a fix planned to be realesed for this ROM?

I have the latest 1.4 version and still the call volume is radomly (mostly in answered calls) very low...... (yes, speaker on/off trick does work but it's a bit frustrating)

This is the only issue with this ROM I have, as for the rest - it's awesome :)

This is the definitive solution:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=858448&highlight=default.acdb

Only you don't delete the two files but only rename default.bak and htcleo.bak after reboot and volume is very high!
    100% work!!!
    Enjoy ;-)
    Is this ROM rooted? I remember I've tried to make my prj 0.3.2 rom see ad-hoc networks but I didn't manage to replace a "wpa supplicant" file.
    Also, I'd like to go back to the good old sense ui in froyo :)

Pozdrawiam!

Yes this ROM is rooted. As for this file the problem that you have in prj v0.3.2 appeared because /system partition is mounted as read-only. I can make update.zip for you that you can use as described in addons section and change wpa_supplicant file.