FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Paranoid Android Captivate Features

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By worldextermination, Member on 11th December 2013, 05:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First off, let me start by saying I know this thread probably should be under the 3.99 RC2 Paranoid Android Captivate development thread, but I haven't made 10 posts yet (any question I've ever had has been asked already and every bit of advice I've ever had has been given already).

Now, I was running PA 2.54 for Samsung Captivate. I just upgraded to the 3.99 RC2 last night, and I'm befuddled. What happened to all of the features? The settings are not as in depth and customizable as they once were. The three major qualms I have are the absence of the slide to unlock shortcuts on the lockscreen (or whatever they're called, and I'm talking about the shortcuts that you were able to place on the lock ring), the inability to edit the functions of the four hardware keys (you're able to edit the home and menu keys, but not the search key, which I really enjoyed), and the lack of performance options in the settings menu. Why are these missing? I understand this is a release candidate I'm running, but that has nothing to do with the absence of these features. It just seems odd to me that I upgraded my version of PA, and now these key features that sold me on said rom are missing. Does anybody have any input or explanations?

FYI I'm running NOVA launcher, not Trebuchet (which came as the default launcher on PA 2.54), but I can't see how this has anything to do with my problem(s).

Any input would be greatly appreciated! And I apologize again if this is in the wrong area of the forum! Thanks a lot!
11th December 2013, 03:52 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 404

More
I haven't tested the latest ported PA, but in my experience light AOSP ROMs run much better on Captivate. The hardware is just too limited to handle all full-featured ROMs bells and whistles and offer smooth UI in the same time. If you want to see/test all custom ROM features without changing ROMs often, then try PAC-ROM. It's an All-in-One package with features from CM, AOKP and PA.
11th December 2013, 06:44 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Well, PA runs smoothly on my Captivate, but I get where you're coming from. I actually flashed PAC Rom for a day, but switched back because it wouldn't run smoothly at all. By far the choppiest performance I've ever seen from a ROM, even though I love the idea of it. I'm now running Dirty Unicorns, which has all of the features I want, since, like PAC Rom, it uses features from PA, AOKP, and CM, but it is much less resource intensive.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)