FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,276

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd August 2012, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th October 2012, 06:46 PM |#541  
Thanks Meter: 566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4CK_H0PP3R

Hi friends,

please help me out to buy tablet,

I dont know much about there hardware configuration,

I want tablet specialy for hacking & fun purpose,like it can be rooted ,new ROMS,i can use backtrack on it n sum other distro & can pentest on it,

wht i wanted 1 gb RAM & highest n awesome processor

+dual boot will be awesome i mean i can use windows or andorid or anything at 1 click (IF AVIALBLE)

+ upgradable

+calling function wil b nice with sim card for using 2g +3g

+ i hv huwaei 7.2mbps modem E1750C unlocked, it can b work on it,

+ Battey must be awesome with gr8 battery backup cz my bro have HTC ka mobile usko full day charging pe rakhke cel use karna padtaa he, i dnt want to face this charging problem

+ front & back camera normal to take pics n for video caling

+ awesome touch scren experiance

+ awesome reviews cz i always buys 1 time only not again n again

+ other normal n amazing features like expandable memry including 16 gb internal memroy,wifi ,usb 2.0 usb 3.0 ports,good sound quality for music n bla bla etc..

My budget is 15-20 K INR but i can add more budget also if above budget fails my requirement

So plz guide me as i know there are some branded tabs also but no idea whether they meet my requirements or not, brand is not important for me, i know some tabs starts with 3.5K but stil i am looking for best long time usable tab,

Help me i will be very very much thankfull to you guys.

help me

THIS suits your Calling, Hacking & Performance requirements. It even has a XDA dedicated Forum.
THIS is also worth a view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightHawk223

Finally managed to rake in almost enough money for a tablet. Now I'm just wondering if the Nexus 7 is still a good buy as I won't be able to upgrade for a good while and it will take me some time (Around a month) before I can finally get it. I know I should then choose in a month but as I have other reasons of needing to choose early. I also heard of the Acer Iconia A110 which is apperantly almost the same as the Nexus with a sd card slot but minus the nexus benefits. Any advice for which is best?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Nexus 7 is very attractive but logically useless. Only WIFI, just 8-16 storage. It'll be fun for a month then you'll regret. So better go for THIS.
AFAIK, Atleast in India, Nexus 7 costs almost equivalent to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maged6294

I don't know what should I buy between Samasung Galaxy S3 Mini or Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Can some one hlep me to fix this "problem" for me?

This is a way off comparison!
S3 Mini is a sub 20k phone and a phone.
Note 2 is a 35-45 range phone and is a phablet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAddiction

Friends i want to buy a phone which has huge dev support and custom roms. i know about htc hd2 and nexus one but they are lil bit expensive. so recommend me a phone for which i can expect custom roms for future android. i can afford the following
1. htc aria
2. htc legend
3. htc explorer
4. samsung galaxy gio
5. htc hero
6. any other phone in the same price range
plz dont recommend zte blade as it is not available in my area.
Thanks in advance

You should get your budget right first.
Explorer is a starting range phone, 8-10k while HTC Hero is a high end 30k+ phone and HTC Legend is sub 20k phone..
The Following User Says Thank You to vj_dustin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vj_dustin Ad-Free
20th October 2012, 09:05 PM |#542  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97

Well, I listen to a certain number of music styles, such as electronics, rock, punk rock, a little of pop in general (not the ****ty pop most listen), and, IMO, it is perfect for me.

"A scattered dream that's like a far off memory
A far off memory that's like a scattered dream"

Surprisingly, I'm talking to someone who has my tast of music!
Yes, the sh*tty pop people listen to these days only to jack-off to the sexual lyrics most of the songs in that genre contain is sickening. Ok, I think it's time I go hunting for some Xperia S deals. And with it, gather all the mods and custom stuff that fit my taste buds along the way.

Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

BTW, can anybody recommend to me some good, not too over-priced covers for the Xperia S? After hours of searching, all I found to be somewhat decent are these:
http://www.spigen.com/sony-xperia-s-...in-series.html

Does anybody have any experience with them? They seem decent based on the few reviews and the overall look they have. My main target is to find ballistic cases, the ones with re-enforced corners. But, sadly, most cases like those are for the Ion and not the S.... Other than that, it completely sucks to see that Otterbox doesn't support most Xperia models. In fact, it only makes covers/cases for one model.
20th October 2012, 09:16 PM |#543  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost ic0n

Surprisingly, I'm talking to someone who has my tast of music!
Yes, the sh*tty pop people listen to these days only to jack-off to the sexual lyrics most of the songs in that genre contain is sickening. Ok, I think it's time I go hunting for some Xperia S deals. And with it, gather all the mods and custom stuff that fit my taste buds along the way.

Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

BTW, can anybody recommend to me some good, not too over-priced covers for the Xperia S? After hours of searching, all I found to be somewhat decent are these:
http://www.spigen.com/sony-xperia-s-...in-series.html

Does anybody have any experience with them? They seem decent based on the few reviews and the overall look they have. My main target is to find ballistic cases, the ones with re-enforced corners. But, sadly, most cases like those are for the Ion and not the S.... Other than that, it completely sucks to see that Otterbox doesn't support most Xperia models. In fact, it only makes covers/cases for one model.

As you will surely buy the S, why we don't go to the XS section?

To answer you last question, we have a thread for Cases for XS. There are almost 70 pages of comments and more comments about it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1534661

Please read all the stickies before posting anything. Me and KidCarter93 have a n00b friendly thread on Q&A section, where users can ask simpler questions that do not require a creation of a new thread, while there are links for many ROMs and guides (needs a urgent update, though).
20th October 2012, 10:05 PM |#544  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97

As you will surely buy the S, why we don't go to the XS section?

To answer you last question, we have a thread for Cases for XS. There are almost 70 pages of comments and more comments about it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1534661

Please read all the stickies before posting anything. Me and KidCarter93 have a n00b friendly thread on Q&A section, where users can ask simpler questions that do not require a creation of a new thread, while there are links for many ROMs and guides (needs a urgent update, though).

Wow, you reply quick. And yes, I've been reading through the XS section for a while now since yesterday and have learned pretty much everything regarding rooting, unlocking bootloader, flashing custom android ROM, installing themes and mods etc. So yeah, I'm keeping myself entertained.

Thanks for all the help, BTW. Couldn't have come to a conclusion without it.
21st October 2012, 06:29 AM |#545  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Friends i want to buy a phone which has huge dev support and custom roms. i know about htc hd2 and nexus one but they are lil bit expensive. so recommend me a phone for which i can expect custom roms for future android. i can afford the following
1. htc aria
2. htc legend
3. htc explorer
4. samsung galaxy gio
5. htc hero
Thanks in advance

any nexus phone will always have great dev support and the quickest updates.
21st October 2012, 06:44 AM |#546  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question
im currently using a samsung galaxy epic 4g with 384mb ram and desperate to upgrade for more ram. i mainly use my phone for www and ssh/terminal, i dont game or take a lot of pics. im fine with the epic's 1ghz processor but the memory is killing me. my browsers crash a lot and always low or out of memory. also i mainly use wifi for internet and dont use 3g 4g so any carrier is fine. oh and rooting the phone is a must and with current xda dev support prefered.

im looking for suggestions for a better phone with 1gb ram, nothing fancy needed. i dont have a lot of cash to spend so buying a used phone with some cosmetic issues will be the plan. the last phone i looked up was a samsung galaxy s2 but that can be 200 bucks. if an upgrade is too expensive i can always try my luck on a cheap tablet or nexus. thanks in advance
21st October 2012, 07:46 AM |#547  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 182

Donate to Me
More
Till now i've used nokia b/w devices, nokia s40s, nokia sysmbian, nd currntly a nokia lumia 710 (Windows Phone 7.8)..... I want to get an android nex but not a samsung or LG....... can you suggest a 2.3.7 or better if its an ICS device within 20,000 INR?

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverDragon24

Till now i've used nokia b/w devices, nokia s40s, nokia sysmbian, nd currntly a nokia lumia 710 (Windows Phone 7.8)..... I want to get an android nex but not a samsung or LG....... can you suggest a 2.3.7 or better if its an ICS device within 20,000 INR?

preferably smthng i can root.... this'll be my first droid
21st October 2012, 08:45 AM |#548  
ⓍⒹⒶ ⒹⒺⓋⒺⓁⓄⓅⒺⓇⓈ
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veracu

any nexus phone will always have great dev support and the quickest updates.

Sir i already mentioned that nexus one is out of my range. can anyone recommend from the phones i have listed?

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_dustin

You should get your budget right first.
Explorer is a starting range phone, 8-10k while HTC Hero is a high end 30k+ phone and HTC Legend is sub 20k phone..

Maybe in india there is so much difference in price but in my country i can get them at almost same price. i mean i can buy a new explorer and a used hero, legend in the same price. So dont worry about the price.
21st October 2012, 08:47 AM |#549  
Thanks Meter: 2,877

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

1. htc aria
2. htc legend
3. htc explorer
4. samsung galaxy gio
5. htc hero
Thanks in advance

Why not to try Samsung galaxy S2 G version...
Very good support and reasonable price..
Also LG Optimus series is also good...
Rom: CodeBox 1.4.0 Unofficial
Kernel: Horsepower 3.1 by fuss
If you like my post please hit thanks button...
21st October 2012, 08:52 AM |#550  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Phone
Well I currently have a HTC Touch HD T8282, still with WM! I was wondering if the HTC Desire C is worth the hard work I gotta do, to buy it?
21st October 2012, 08:55 AM |#551  
Thanks Meter: 2,877

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverDragon24

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

preferably smthng i can root.... this'll be my first droid

Try LG and Sony Experia series...
Good phones with 4.0 and best user experience...
In Range of 20000 INR...

Rom: CodeBox 1.4.0 Unofficial
Kernel: Horsepower 3.1 by fuss
If you like my post please hit thanks button...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)