How to enable multiview without custom rom

Search This thread

supac

May 29, 2005
Is there a way to enable or install multiview without cus5om rom? Just on top of my rooted gn2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Bodoct

Nov 11, 2012
Probably not. Just have to wait for official release

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

k.babymamma

Jan 19, 2011
Probably not. Just have to wait for official release

If I decide to root, but still keep everything else stock for now...will it affect ability to download OTA? I've been holding off. I do know I will have to re-root after it comes of course. There seems to be conflicting info wherever I've tried to search/read so I'm just asking, officially. :) I don't want to have to unroot to get the multi-view love.

C.Flat

If I decide to root, but still keep everything else stock for now...will it affect ability to download OTA? I've been holding off. I do know I will have to re-root after it comes of course. There seems to be conflicting info wherever I've tried to search/read so I'm just asking, officially. :) I don't want to have to unroot to get the multi-view love.

While you are rooted you will not be able to get OTAs

kleeman7

Nov 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
The developers that we have will take the official rom and make it custom once we get updates. Rooting wont block an OTA, it will just removes the root, you could reroot, or you could just install one of the custom roms with multiview, as the devs will update roms as soon as the official updates come along. There is really nothing to loose.

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
Cannot wait till the OTA comes out. I'm actually enjoy Touchwiz

*gasp*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

santiagodraco

May 20, 2012
Austin
Is there a way to enable or install multiview without cus5om rom? Just on top of my rooted gn2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Why isn't this in the Q&A sub-forum? And your thread title is missing a question mark. Or you could change your post to actually provide the solution...since that's what it looks like in the first place ;)

rrackman

Jun 26, 2007
Rooting blocks OTA ??

The developers that we have will take the official rom and make it custom once we get updates. Rooting wont block an OTA, it will just removes the root, you could reroot, or you could just install one of the custom roms with multiview, as the devs will update roms as soon as the official updates come along. There is really nothing to loose.

I am not convinced you are correct in the statement that "Rooting does not block OTA updates". I have my Galaxy Note 2 (paid full price but then Samsung is giving me $375.00 for my *old* Galaxy Note so I am not complaining) that is only rooted, no custom rom or tweaks. Every time I go to check for updates "Settings, About Device, Software Update" it always says "Update Interrupted, phone will check for updates in the next 48 hours". This seems to me like it is not actually connecting to the update server (I have tried over WiFi and over 4g with the same results).

Could be that you are right and I am wrong and my phone is not right, but everything else about my Galaxy Note II is AWESOME.

I am counting on Kies having the update as soon as AT&T does it OTA and I will just get it by direct connection to my laptop.

(waiting . . . .)

Last edited:

biggggant

Jan 23, 2007
Jacksonville
I am not convinced you are correct in the statement that "Rooting does not block OTA updates". I have my Galaxy Note 2 (paid full price but then Samsung is giving me $375.00 for my *old* Galaxy Note so I am not complaining) that is only rooted, no custom rom or tweaks. Every time I go to check for updates "Settings, About Device, Software Update" it always says "Update Interrupted, phone will check for updates in the next 48 hours". This seems to me like it is not actually connecting to the update server (I have tried over WiFi and over 4g with the same results).

Could be that you are right and I am wrong and my phone is not right, but everything else about my Galaxy Note II is AWESOME.

I am counting on Kies having the update as soon as AT&T does it OTA and I will just get it by direct connection to my laptop.

(waiting . . . .)

I am pretty sure every phone I have had that has been rooted ( 7 phones and 1 tablet) has been able to download updates some couldn't install them. Just last week my rooted nexus 7 was prompted for the 4.2 OTA and it updated successfully. There is a chance you'll lose root or even brick your device. So be careful.

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct

(waiting . . . .)

How are you getting 375 for the okd note. Att told me it was a little over 100 trade in value

a_ok2me

Apr 17, 2008
I am not convinced you are correct in the statement that "Rooting does not block OTA updates". I have my Galaxy Note 2 (paid full price but then Samsung is giving me $375.00 for my *old* Galaxy Note so I am not complaining)
You should complain. I got $450 for my Note 1.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

I am not convinced you are correct in the statement that "Rooting does not block OTA updates". I have my Galaxy Note 2 (paid full price but then Samsung is giving me $375.00 for my *old* Galaxy Note so I am not complaining)

You should complain. I got $450 for my Note 1.

Just kidding. I got $375 too.

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
Wow I didnt know that samsung did trade in's too. Ill have to look into the sgs3 trade in value since my kids took our notes snd left us with that and a nexus

a_ok2me

Apr 17, 2008
Register

Wow I didnt know that samsung did trade in's too. Ill have to look into the sgs3 trade in value since my kids took our notes snd left us with that and a nexus
I found out about the upgrade offer via email. You might have to subscribe / register an account on their website to get emails, promos, etc. I was suprised my Note 1 upgrade was more than street value. It was a no-brainer to upgrade, although I was a bit hesitant because I like the Note 1 black color better.

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
Wtf note 1 trade 375. Sgs3 trade 275. Thats retarded. The 275 is better than craigslist moronic offers ive been getting. The note1 is outdated and less value than a sgs3. I dont get it the sgs3 isnt as old and far superior

a_ok2me

Apr 17, 2008
Wtf note 1 trade 375. Sgs3 trade 275. Thats retarded. The 275 is better than craigslist moronic offers ive been getting. The note1 is outdated and less value than a sgs3. I dont get it the sgs3 isnt as old and far superior
Hey - it's rude to use the word retarded. You'll cry when you end up having a 'retarded' kid. Aside from that, I think the Note 1 is an alternative to the SG3. The specs are pretty much the same, but you get the bigger screen - unless you want the smaller screen.

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
Hey - it's rude to use the word retarded. You'll cry when you end up having a 'retarded' kid. Aside from that, I think the Note 1 is an alternative to the SG3. The specs are pretty much the same, but you get the bigger screen - unless you want the smaller screen.

Obviously you dont know what retard means and the note 1 compares in no way with the sgs3.