[Q] RUU update gone wrong, pls help!

Search This thread

ocelot_gr

Dec 20, 2007
Hi there,

After messing with a few customs roms on my device, i decided to flash an RUU to start over, as I could get the sim-unlock to work.
However, i didnt relock the bootloader before beginning the process, and now the RUU is stuck at 68%, stating "(1/7) Updating system....".
How should i proceed to avoid bricking it???
Can I just disconnect the USB cable and start over? Will this kill the device?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it was s-off and supercid'd. Pls advise :/

Last edited:

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
Hi there,

After messing with a few customs roms on my device, i decided to flash an RUU to start over, as I could get the sim-unlock to work.
However, i didnt relock the bootloader before beginning the process, and now the RUU is stuck at 68%, stating "(1/7) Updating system....".

I think you can disconnect and start over.

Even if it won't boot you start RUU with it in fastboot.

You might consider another computer.

Reactions: ocelot_gr

ocelot_gr

Dec 20, 2007

Yeah, I thought so as well, its been almost 2 hours now, and still stuck at 68%.
The thing is, i dont have another computer, at least for the weekend, and i am running it via parallels win7 on a macbook...
Shall i relock the bootloader and flash an official restore, as i read elsewhere, before proceeding?

Thanks mate

Last edited:

Pacemaker2

Jan 22, 2009
Yeah, I thought so as well, its been almost 2 hours now, and still stuck at 68%.
The thing is, i dont have another computer, at least for the weekend, and i am running it via parallels win7 on a macbook...
Shall i relock the bootloader and flash an official restore, as i read elsewhere, before proceeding?

Thanks mate
I been in trouble for using virtual pc on my macbook a couple time, long time ago. so I use Boot-Camp, never been in a trouble

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston

Thanks mate

oh man you never said that about parallels.

I know you can run windows manay ways on macs.
But you better be NATIVELY booted or you are asking for trouble.

I would just restart RUU, on Native windows.

I'm pretty sure bootcamp only runs native.

ocelot_gr

Dec 20, 2007
I pulled the plug eventually, relocked the bootloader, and run the ruu as admin, and it worked :)
Thanks for the help bro :)

Now, I cant seem to sim unlock it for some reason, even though i did get signal the first day (which should mean i have successfully unlocked it once and for all, no??)...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,