FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Okay having previusly owned the XDA II and the XDA IIi I thought the Exec was the answer to my dreams.

One of the main reasons I purchased this unit was after being told by O2 data support the unit will connect to a USB ethernet adapter as long as it was compatible.

I need to use a wired network connection to devices I use in my business, out on a job it can be cumbersome carrying round a Laptop for setting up IP CCTV and TCP/IP interface units so this would be so much easier. It would also run my call management software too!

Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case and the original information I was given by O2 'technical department' seems to be incorrect.

Can anyone here confirm the exec does not support USB hosting, as I have read conflicting posts saying it might be added at a later date. Up to now I have been impressed with the device but the lack of being able to connect to a wired network has just made it an expensive toy and no real improvement (for me anyway) than my XDA IIi.

I was hoping to avoid the expense of a Tablet PC but if the unit cannot support USB hosting then I may have to do so.

I would very much appreciate any help in this matter or advice into what device if any would do what I require.

kind regards
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)