MIUI 12 Calendar Update

Search This thread

XDARoni

XDA Community Manager
Using a calendar app should be a fast and simple process. A good calendar will have minimal clutter, an easy-to-use interface, great tools, and the ability to integrate with other apps. MIUI 12 introduces a whole new calendar app for people with Xiaomi phones. I have been running the MIUI 12 update on my Xiaomi Mi 9T and got to use the new calendar app quite a bit. In this thread, I'm going to show you everything there is to know about the new calendar app.

App name: Calendar
App version: 12.0.0.2
APK name: com.xiaomi.calendar

Date Calculator
An interesting and unique featured found in the new MIUI 12 update is the date calculator. To find this feature, go to Calendar > menu > Calculate date. This feature makes finding a specific day easy, based on the information you have. For example, you can look for "34 days after Christmas" and the apps will tell you what day of the week and month it will be.
jFQc1Tp.jpg

The other feature in date calculator is the ability to find how many days are between a specific set of dates. So if you want to know how many days between 4/3/2021 and 5/5/2022, it will calculate that for you. It will show you total days, as well as the total number of working days. These are great tools for planning and keeping track of your schedule. It's a simple feature, but will come in handy for planning vacations and booking flights.

New Events
When it comes to adding events to your calendar, there's a good amount of detail that you can add to your event. To add a new event, go to Calendar > add icon (bottom right). Here you will find 4 different presets. Choose between Event, Birthday Anniversary, or Countdown. Each type of event will bring up the custom fields that you'll want to fill out.
ipZsX4q.png

Once you set your basic date and reminder settings, you can specify guests, location, and description. Adding a new event is a very quick process that won't take too much of your attention.

Beautiful Visuals
The new and improved visuals in MIUI 12 are also found from within the calendar app. While navigating the app, you'll find it very easy to view your entire month of content with a glance. Swipe side to side to navigate through different months. Pull down on your calendar to extend the view to see your scheduled events.
miui_cal1.gif

You'll find that all of the user interface is very nice to look at with the great screen transitions and animations.

Integrated with Notes
I have covered the new notes app in another thread, and have gone over the useful features found in this app. When you use the calendar in MIUI 12, you'll be able to sync your events with your notes. So when you make a note with a scheduled event or task, it will show up in your calendar automatically.
UM05pzc.png

These are all of the features you can expect to find in the new calendar app in MIUI 12.

Last edited: