ClockworkMod Recovery for Motorola Triumph

Search This thread

llorn

Jul 29, 2011
Those links were provided by b_randon. I'll have to check with him on that.

In the meantime, you can just download the recovery.img file from the other links and place it in the MOBILE drive on your phone the old-fashioned way as outlined in the post.

Haro912

Jul 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
Those links were provided by b_randon. I'll have to check with him on that.

In the meantime, you can just download the recovery.img file from the other links and place it in the MOBILE drive on your phone the old-fashioned way as outlined in the post.

Yeah. I wanted to check out his code for how to flash cwm through cwm. I sent him a pm

Sent from my Revolting Revolution. Powered my mtmichaelson.

garrmack

Dec 4, 2011
I've posted a problem I've been having on the General forum. Clockwork is not working well on my WX435. I cant get it to successfully flash ANY roms, and then I can barely get it to restore back to stock!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1376708

Please help! I don't want to be stuck with stock!

Never mind, I figured out it was the sd card. Swapped it out and it works as it should.

Last edited:

llorn

Jul 29, 2011
Added a themed cwm section in the OP for links to various themed cwm versions that people are working on.

yasirfaheem

Feb 14, 2008
Cranbury
What is the difference between cwm 5.0.2.6 and cwm 5.0.2.7

What is the difference between recovery-cwm-5.0.2.6-triumph.zip and b_randon14 5.0.2.7 I see one is 5.0.2.6 and the other is 5.0.2.7 with lime green color. Other than that I do not know what is different in the versions other than the color. Can someone please tell me?
Thanks,
Yasir Faheem

llorn

Jul 29, 2011
There is basically nothing different between 5.0.2.6 and 5.0.2.7 except for the different theming that was done to it by the different individuals.

llorn

Jul 29, 2011

I added a new version of CWM to the OP. The current version is 5.5.0.4. There really isn't a change log but from my observations and looking through the code, there were a few small bug fixes and also the background image was updated. I also included my fixes from the last version 5.0.2.8 in this.

So update if you want to, or don't if you don't.

The Zip in the OP is a flashable Zip that you can flash in cwm.

llorn

Jul 29, 2011
I put up 2 new CWM recovery files in the OP.

The main one is this:

CWM 5.5.0.4 (20120527) --RECOMMENDED VERSION
MT_CWM_5504_20120527.zip

Changelog from previous 5.5.0.4:
-Added "Power off" menu option back to main menu.

Also, in case anyone's touchscreen is not working or just don't like using the touchscreen keys, the second CWM version I put in the OP uses the Power key to select. I changed the menu and text color to Yellow so that it is easy to differentiate between the regular version and the no-touchscreen version.

CWM Recovery - NO TOUCHSCREEN - in flashable Zip:
MT_CWM_5504_20120527_yellow.zip

Changelog:
-Changed menu and text color to YELLOW.
-Always show the "Go Back" menu options on submenus.
-The keys for this version are:

Volume up --> up
Volume down --> down
Power --> select
Menu --> nothing
Home --> nothing
Back --> back
Search --> nothing

henslo

May 4, 2012
Hickory
Just wondering, do I have to do any wipes before flashing new recovery? I'm using 5.0.2.6 Edit, flashed and works fine thanks :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA

Last edited:

isthisagoose

Jan 18, 2011
I just got a replacement Triumph from VM and I am unable to enter download mode with the regular key combinations at bootup!

It's been such a long time since I've been on a phone with stock recovery: am I able to take one of llorn's 5.5.0.4 CWM .zip files, rename to update.zip, and apply using the regular stock recovery?

Any idea why download mode wouldn't be working on this new hardware?

Thanks

turboeddie

Nov 17, 2011
I just got a replacement Triumph from VM and I am unable to enter download mode with the regular key combinations at bootup!

It's been such a long time since I've been on a phone with stock recovery: am I able to take one of llorn's 5.5.0.4 CWM .zip files, rename to update.zip, and apply using the regular stock recovery?

Any idea why download mode wouldn't be working on this new hardware?

Thanks

There's an app on the market called flash GUI or something like that, it'll flash the recovery for you......you have to be rooted.

Sent using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just making a new thread that has download links for ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) that are readily apparent.

First to explain to anyone who does not know what ClockworkMod Recovery is:
    quoting from this post:
    What Is ClockworkMod Recovery And How To Use It On Android [Complete Guide]

ClockworkMod – also known as Clockwork and CWM – is a custom recovery for Android phones and tablets that allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that aren’t possible with the stock recovery.

The download links are at the end of this post.

Installation Instructions:

To install CWM, do the following. If you wish to UPGRADE an existing CWM recovery that you already have installed, you still follow the following steps or alternatively, you can try the steps at the end of the post in the UPGRADE CWM USING FLASHABLE ZIP IN RECOVERY section:

1. Download the CWM Recovery file using one of the links at the end of the post. I recommend one of the latest versions--currently version 5.5.0.4. Unzip the recovery.img file from the Zip file you downloaded (using WinZip, 7-Zip, or another zip utility) onto your desktop so it is easy to find.

2. Turn OFF your Motorola Triumph (MT) phone.

3. Once the phone is off, make sure that it is not plugged into anything at this time.

4. Hold down the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the phone vibrates. (I usually hold the phone in one hand and then simultaneously press one button with my thumb and the other button with my forefinger)

5. The phone will boot into Download Mode. You will see the following types of messages on the screen:

polling, get oemsbl_mode=1

6. Now plug the phone into your computer. A drive labeled MOBILE will appear in your computer (MAC or Windows. Not sure about Linux)

7. Open the MOBILE drive and you should see a folder named image.

8. In the image folder, you will now see the recovery.img file.

9. Rename the file to recovery.img.old (or something like that) so you have a backup in case you ever want to revert back to the stock recovery.

10. Copy the recovery.img file that you unzipped in step 1 into the MOBILE folder on the phone.

11. After the copy is complete, unplug the phone from the computer and take out the battery, wait a second, and put the battery back into the phone.

12. To boot up into CWM, hold down the Power + Volume Up and Volume Down simultaneously until the phone vibrates.

Please note: DO NOT be alarmed if you see these types of error messages. Many people (including me) get them and none have reported that the errors affect the operation of ClockworkMod Recovery:

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

The MT should boot up into CWM. The latest stock version 5.5.0.4 will have blue lettering.

The controls for CWM 5.5.0.4 (as well as all previous Isaacj87 versions) in the MT are:

Volume up --> up
    Volume down --> down
    Power --> turns screen black
    Menu --> select
    Home --> nothing
    Back --> back
    Search --> nothing

If you want to view a video of how to install CWM on the MT, Minus5252 put together this video on this post -- just don't download the version shown in the video as that version is old:
    http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...-recovery-motorola-triumph-4.html#post3021427

Download links:
    Current Base CWM recovery.img:

CWM 5.5.0.4 (20120527) --RECOMMENDED VERSION
    MT_CWM_5504_20120527.zip
    MT_CWM_5504_20120527.zip

MD5: 0f847a44474b3cad5663b4409c089826

This Zip file is a flashable Zip file in clockworkmod recovery or follow the instructions above to install if you do not already have a previous version of clockworkmod recovery installed.

This version will recognize the .no_confirm or .one_confirm files in your clockworkmod folder when wiping data and cache also in addition to installing zips. See this post for instructions if you are interested in using the .no_confirm or .one_confirm:

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...od-recovery-motorola-triumph.html#post4293429

Changelog from previous 5.5.0.4:
    -Added "Power off" menu option back to main menu.

Themed CWM Versions based on sources from Tickerguy and Isaac:

b_randon14 5.0.2.7 (themed to be lime green):
    recovery.img

agentc13 5.0.2.7 (Doctor Who theme using mostly blues):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?p7oz58f6i9s95ro

Older versions linked here for posterity:
    CWM 5.0.2.8:
    MT_CWM_5028_recovery.zip

CWM 5.0.2.6 (thanks to isaacj87 and tickerguy) supports ext4
    recovery-cwm-5.0.2.6-triumph.zip - reposting Isaac's link from Isaac's MIUI thread.
    recovery-cwm-5.0.2.6-triumph.zip

recovery-cwm-5.0.2.3-triumph.zip
    http://tinyurl.com/7ddvpcb

CWM 4.0.1.5 (thanks to isaacj87) supports ext 4
    http://tinyurl.com/82f6qup

CWM 4.0.1.4 (thanks to isaacj87)
    http://tinyurl.com/7e682nk

CWM 4.0.0.9 (thanks to tjstyle)
    http://tinyurl.com/7cnrjyn

UPGRADE CWM USING FLASHABLE ZIP IN RECOVERY:
    If you already have a Recovery on your MT and wish to flash a newer or different recovery version, b_randon14 has provided the following flashable ClockworkMod Recovery Zip files that you can just put on your SDCard and flash as normal--I have not tested them so, as usual, do so at your own risk:

Themed CWM Versions in flashable Zip:

b_randon14 5.0.2.7 (themed to be lime green):
    b_randon14_CWM_5.0.2.7.zip

Stock CWM versions:

Here is the v5.0.2.3:
    Isaacj87_CWM_5.0.2.3_signed.zip

v4.0.1.5(isaacj87's):
    Isaacj87_CWM_4.0.1.5_signed.zip

v4.0.1.4(isaacj87's):
    Isaacj87_CWM_4.0.1.4_signed.zip

Triumph STOCK RECOVERY in flashable Zip:
    MT_stock_recovery.zip

CWM Recovery - NO TOUCHSCREEN - in flashable Zip:

MD5: a3e40a036d6123ebbb2065c8ddb6286b

Changelog:
    -Changed menu and text color to YELLOW.
    -Always show the "Go Back" menu options on submenus.
    -The keys for this version are:

Volume up --> up
    Volume down --> down
    Power --> select
    Menu --> nothing
    Home --> nothing
    Back --> back
    Search --> nothing

Huge thanks to Koush on whose work all CWM is based on. Thanks to isaacj87 who did the original port to the MT on which these are based. If I missed anything or forgot to thank anyone, let me know and I'll update this.
    I too am getting this on my Triumph with v5.0.2.6. I was able to load the CM7 Beta 8 after making a backup, but am wondering what these errors could mean for trying to restore from the Backup I created at the beginning.

They won't affect anything. you should be fine.
    They won't affect anything. you should be fine.

I got them too, but everything worked fine.
    Just wondering, do I have to do any wipes before flashing new recovery? I'm using 5.0.2.6 Edit, flashed and works fine thanks :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA

Not at all, you can just install the new recovery and should be good to go. It should just be a flash in CWM.