[ROM] 11 Apr - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC One S - Sense and Vanilla styles

Search This thread

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008
Will these roms work on the tmo US version ok?

Sent from my HTC VIE_U using Tapatalk 2

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Is a full wipe needed to flash this ROM ? Im coming from stock ICS

Also, Does it have custom bootanimation ? I hate my current one and cant find the correct location to delete it.

And finally :D Does it have advanced power menu ? If not will it be coming ?

Thanks !

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Make a nandroid and test it... Then everyone else can know if it will work or not for future use.

I dont see why it wont work.. The only thing i can see issues with is maybe 4G - But if thats the case, Just restore the nandroid and your back to normal.

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008
Does the Vanilla version use the Sense camera app to take advantage of the awesome camera on this phone?

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

No 2G or 3G on TMO US with this ROM :-(

EDIT - I do have it, just took a while. It does seem to be flicking between 3G and H a lot.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Ok - one more. Howcome the vanilla ROM still has a TON of HTC stuff? Is it required for everything to run? A bunch of checkin services, COTA client, function test, etc.?

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

How do I get HTC IME to work? I restored it from a Titanium Backup but it keeps FCing. This ROM is very clean and smooth.

Last edited:

androidcues

Mar 6, 2010
Boston
Lord Obrien -

I got just made it to your delightful AOSPized rom --- I have been seeing sense for days.. and it is great to be home.

But I got a real kick out of how you left the Locale settings with the UK front and center, in all its glory. Nice touch! I had to look for my home across the pond... before I decided what the hey, might as well stay in the hey!

Thanks for the guidance with the bootloader -- I had a little hiccup because I for some reason did a fastboot erase recovery on my first time... and basically left myself up the creek, but I somehow got a couple of branches to paddle with.

cangia

Jul 17, 2010
Is a full wipe needed to flash this ROM ? Im coming from stock ICS

Also, Does it have custom bootanimation ? I hate my current one and cant find the correct location to delete it.

And finally :D Does it have advanced power menu ? If not will it be coming ?

Thanks !

a stock ICS rom for One S ? where did you found it ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

This is the development topic for my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC One S. MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

I am currently working on a LOT of features for the ROM (we have over 120 kitchen items already!) including including as many stock ICS options as possible. Development - as always - will take place in the kitchen, however I will be making a 'stock style' prebake available periodically as I create the ROM. Stock style and Vanilla (ICS) style prebakes will be available as the ROM takes shape.

Please see the changelog in post 3 to see the latest updates and to see what's included.

The ROM is installed via my ClockworkMod recovery. PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING. This ROM uses custom certificates, if you are not coming from a previous MCR release, please flash the 'to MCR' update zip as well as the main ROM. If you wish to switch from this ROM back to a stock ROM, you should flash the 'to Stock' update zip then the ROM of your choice.

• ROM update zip (Sense style) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 54e2b3e03d8ccd8e4edea3ee1050f9eb
    • ROM update zip (Vanilla style) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 15ab9e59feb9a35950987039d56f2a52
    • 'to MCR' update zip (see above) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 418c9d6da2bc869d5bbaf1ad8def2095
    • 'to Stock' update zip (see above) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 950ce66bb4cccda5c5d129e4af55085f
    Thanks for your support! Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are available in the MoDaCo topic. :)

P
    Changelog

11th April 12:00 - Vanilla style prebake cutoff point

• Added stock Google browser to kitchen
    10th April 14:00 - Sense style prebake cutoff point

• Initial release
    • Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
    • Based on the 1.53 WWE release
    • All Google and 3rd party applications updated to the latest release
    • SuperSU application and su binary from ChainfireXDA for SAFE root functionality
    • Insecure boot image
    • LOTS of ICS stock options
    • Language tweak for UK English (Torch -> Flashlight)

+ 1

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    Couldn't boot after flashing on a T-Mo One S. Did not wipe first. Did apply certs